🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

YOU helped OUR ARSE there? You REALLY think we NEEDED your help? WWII? If it wasn't for the U.S. a large part of Europe would be Germany. Japan would be ruling the Pacific... Vietnam? Everyone lost there, so you didn't help our arse at all. Korea? Uh... maybe you need to go read some more about that. The U.S. Navy ruled that war.

You didn't need our help. You asked for it, and we gave it. As for Japan, there was this little incident called Pearl Harbor. I don't think you had a choice there.

We asked for your help? It was a World War... Australia either had to get on the side of the good guys, or risk the bad guys winning and then having to face the shit later. That's a common sense decision. Pearl Harbor? Yep, but still if it wasn't for the U.S. Japan would be ruling the Pacific with the largest Navy in the world. Yes, you can thank us, but instead you want to criticize us. Petulant children... Australia should get down and suck the United States dick.

Why the hell would we limit ourselves to exactly as many as we think we might need? Unless we are on a budget, why should we let the government tell us how many of a legal thing we should be able to have? How many eggs do you eat per day? How many of those do you need? Maybe the government should limit how many of those you can have in your fridge.

Because democracy, or even a republic, isn't run by anarchy....and you need rules. It just depends on how many,...

YOU helped OUR ARSE there? You REALLY think we NEEDED your help? WWII? If it wasn't for the U.S. a large part of Europe would be Germany. Japan would be ruling the Pacific... Vietnam? Everyone lost there, so you didn't help our arse at all. Korea? Uh... maybe you need to go read some more about that. The U.S. Navy ruled that war.

You didn't need our help. You asked for it, and we gave it. As for Japan, there was this little incident called Pearl Harbor. I don't think you had a choice there.

Wow. You don't know your history very well do you. We were sending weapons to the Commonwealth for years before we got into the war. We were bailing your ass out for months before we ever got involved. And that counts for BOTH world wars. You need a better edumacation dude.

[

Ahhh but it is. You claim that you can prevent violent people from committing crimes by disarming the regular civilian population. How exactly is that supposed to work?

Actually no. Pro gunners in the US claim that being armed to the teeth keeps your crime down. Stats clearly show that the US has more homicides that other Western Countries (note I say western - compared to third-world countries, it's a paradise). You would think with such a proliferation of guns your country would be one of the least violent first-world countries. It's not. So it's clearly not the guns...

Do you know how big america is, its population ? Its as big as Australia and it's population is not centered on the coast, it's a melting pool of all the immigrants around the world.

Contrary to what you think I never in 51 years seen anyone carry a side arm, except for the occasional cop, Guns are not around as much as you think they are.

Can you explain how rival bikie drug gangs are shooting at each other in Australia....?

Tit-for-tat drug feud: Man arrested over fatal shooting at Campbellfield shopping centre

A man has been arrested over a fatal daylight shooting in a busy shopping centre carpark in Melbourne's north, which is believed to be a reprisal attack in an escalating feud between rival drug gangs.

----------

Sources say the gunman and the victim were involved with competing crews battling for control of the drug market in northern and western suburbs for more than a year.

The attack is believed to linked to the shooting of crime figure Nabil Maghnie last Thursday.

Maghnie was shot in the head and chest but managed to drive himself to the hospital. Miraculously, he survived and discharged himself from hospital, but refused to assist police with their investigation.

"It looks like this is the beginning of a tit-for-tat," an underworld source said.

[

We asked for your help? It was a World War... Australia either had to get on the side of the good guys, or risk the bad guys winning and then having to face the shit later. That's a common sense decision. Pearl Harbor? Yep, but still if it wasn't for the U.S. Japan would be ruling the Pacific with the largest Navy in the world. Yes, you can thank us, but instead you want to criticize us. Petulant children... Australia should get down and suck the United States dick.

We were in WWII two years before you guys decided to get off your arses and get involved.
Doubt Japan would have made it that far. They were already well stretched. I've had this argument with people a lot more intelligent than you, and they agree. You were bombed by Japan at Pearl Harbor. So you had no choice. You only joined kicking and screaming - not because you should have done the right thing, but because you had no choice. And yes, you can thank us any time you like for helping your sorry arses out....

Actually, the Soviet Union won World War II.

The Soviet Union eliminated about 90 percent of the German Army. The British and U.S forces in France and Italy were just a sideshow to the main action in central Europe
Don’t forget how the Soviet Union saved the world from Hitler

What does New Zealand do for the world? Australia for that matter? Australia can't even provide sufficient electricity for a large portion of their population.

Want to talk about Hurricane Katrina? or the midwest floods? What do we do? We helped your arse in WWII and Vietnam and Korea. That's what we did, even though the latter two had nothing to do with us.

I tell you what we don't do. We don't involve ourselves in the inner mechanisms of other countries politics. Salvador Allende anyone? We don't prop up corrupt, puppet regimes and get 50,000 of our civilians killed? Vietnam anyone? We don't make the world a much less safer place 'cause based on lies and because "he tried to kill my daddy". Iraq anyone? Or destabilise central America for my own geopolitical ideology, the result being an influx over the past 30 years of central and south american immigrants - both legal and illegal. Iran/Contra anyone?

You wish you were us.

Do you know how big america is, its population ? Its as big as Australia and it's population is not centered on the coast, it's a melting pool of all the immigrants around the world.

Contrary to what you think I never in 51 years seen anyone carry a side arm, except for the occasional cop, Guns are not around as much as you think they are.

Of course. There is not much I don't know about the US. Or a lot of other places for that matter. On my part, this is more a philosophical argument than a political one.

[

We were in WWII two years before you guys decided to get off your arses and get involved.
Doubt Japan would have made it that far. They were already well stretched. I've had this argument with people a lot more intelligent than you, and they agree. You were bombed by Japan at Pearl Harbor. So you had no choice. You only joined kicking and screaming - not because you should have done the right thing, but because you had no choice. And yes, you can thank us any time you like for helping your sorry arses out....

Do they use real books to teach you history in New Zealand and Australia?

[]No need to. No right is absolute, like yelling fire in a crowded movie theater. No child has the right to carry a firearm onto the playground. Government has a role to play but denying citizens the right to bear arms violates the intent. Otherwise why even have the second?

Nobody is denying you your right, just the type. There is a difference..
And then the next type, and then...

Why the hell would we limit ourselves to exactly as many as we think we might need? Unless we are on a budget, why should we let the government tell us how many of a legal thing we should be able to have? How many eggs do you eat per day? How many of those do you need? Maybe the government should limit how many of those you can have in your fridge.

I don't really care how many rounds you have in your house, or fridge, or wherever else you may keep your ammo.

I care about how many rounds you can squeeze off before having to reload. I personally don't think you need more than 10, because you can reload a 9mm in less than 2 seconds if you're practiced (and I was when I was in the Security Force at Newport RI).

I mean..............do you REALLY need the capacity to squeeze off 100 rounds with a semi automatic weapon? If so, you're stupid, because the gun will jam from the heat created at around 60 to 75 rounds.

For every one article about a shooting in Australia, there are probably tens of shootings in the usa in the same MINUTE

The Soviet Union eliminated about 90 percent of the German Army. The British and U.S forces in France and Italy were just a sideshow to the main action in central Europe

What does New Zealand do for the world? Australia for that matter? Australia can't even provide sufficient electricity for a large portion of their population.

Want to talk about Hurricane Katrina? or the midwest floods? What do we do? We helped your arse in WWII and Vietnam and Korea. That's what we did, even though the latter two had nothing to do with us.

I tell you what we don't do. We don't involve ourselves in the inner mechanisms of other countries politics. Salvador Allende anyone? We don't prop up corrupt, puppet regimes and get 50,000 of our civilians killed? Vietnam anyone? We don't make the world a much less safer place 'cause based on lies and because "he tried to kill my daddy". Iraq anyone? Or destabilise central America for my own geopolitical ideology, the result being an influx over the past 30 years of central and south american immigrants - both legal and illegal. Iran/Contra anyone?

You wish you were us.

Russia beat a tired, outstretched German force that marched to St. Petersburg. They won by defending... not attacking. Do you understand the difference?

You wish you were us.

Sorry...that is a lie....without the United States the Soviets would have lost...Stalin purged his best officers before the war, lost his invasion supplies planned for his invasion of Western Europe because hitler attacked first...and the only reason he won the major battles he won is because hitler had to divert German units to hold off American advances in Italy and other parts of the theater...we also supplied the idiot stalin with supplies and vehicles.......

Your wife??? Is that code for what?

So your "wife" got a job offer both in Australia and america doing what?

And you are the" house wife "???

To confusing.

Nope, I work. Dunno why you would think otherwise.
No code. She was phoned up by two different companies within a month of each other offering her positions - one in Aussie one in NY. She took the Aussie offer without giving too much thought. The US position paid more, but once you took out tax, insurances, cost of living etc, it was hardly worth going.

Again doing what? And what kind of job did you get in Australia?

For every one article about a shooting in Australia, there are probably tens of shootings in the usa in the same MINUTE

Doesn't matter......there shouldn't be any......gun control has not worked in Australia...that isn't me saying it....it is Australian papers........I posted links to the 3 part story.....Melbourne, the city of the gun......

[

Ahhh but it is. You claim that you can prevent violent people from committing crimes by disarming the regular civilian population. How exactly is that supposed to work?

Actually no. Pro gunners in the US claim that being armed to the teeth keeps your crime down. Stats clearly show that the US has more homicides that other Western Countries (note I say western - compared to third-world countries, it's a paradise). You would think with such a proliferation of guns your country would be one of the least violent first-world countries. It's not. So it's clearly not the guns...

Guess you've never been to Montana where open carry is legal, and damn near every pickup truck has a gun rack with at least one rifle in the back.

You wish you were us.

Sorry...that is a lie....without the United States the Soviets would have lost...Stalin purged his best officers before the war, lost his invasion supplies planned for his invasion of Western Europe because hitler attacked first...and the only reason he won the major battles he won is because hitler had to divert German units to hold off American advances in Italy and other parts of the theater...we also supplied the idiot stalin with supplies and vehicles.......

No. The Battles of Stalingrad and Kursk, which wiped out most of Germany's expeditionary force, happened when the US and the UK were still fighting Italy.

In 1942, the UK and US faced 90,000 axis forces in North Africa, mostly ITALIAN. In the same year, the USSR eliminated millions of German soldiers

Let me know how you keep them out of the hands of bad guys? Your gun ban worked so well in France and Norway. What do you do for an encore? Drive a car through a crowd along a waterfront? Oooops. Somebody beat you to it. When will morons like you figure out it ain't the tool. It's the asshole using it?

I've already posted the number of people killed by firearms vs the rest of the western world ad nauseum over the past 10 years on this board. I won't do it again. Enough to say, the US is way ahead, and in that 10 years nothing's changed.

Irrelevant. The argument is, "Does a civilised country need to be armed to the teeth?". You say yes. I say no. And if you look at the countries taht agree with me - the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, France, Germany, Norway, Denmark - I could go on, vs the countries that agree with you - Afghanistan, Iraq, DRC, Colombia, Somalia, Libya - well, I know where I'd rather live.
Send a postcard.

Doesn't matter......there shouldn't be any......gun control has not worked in Australia...that isn't me saying it....it is Australian papers........I posted links to the 3 part story.....Melbourne, the city of the gun......
Yeah: 18 mass shootings before new guns laws in 1996, 0 mass shootings afterward. But continue to stick you head up the ass by all means. Just know that the NRA is losing public support because of idiots like you

Forum List

Back