A message from a veteran about firearms in this country

A hell hole? LOL you have no diea where I live. It is far fro a hell hole. The US on the other hand....

And no, you can keep your military at home for all I care. You somehow think that if you do the RIGHT think by having agreements with allies, that somehow they should all kowtow to you. Nice and benevolent of you.

What's the matter pussy are you to embarrassed to say where you live?

If he's not from the US he has no business blabbering about US gun ownership or policy

A true coward cut down the u.s. and won't admit What shit hole country he is from.

Tell him to go piss up a rope.

Lmao he knows He wouldn't dare name the piece of crap country he us from we would have a field day on his ass.

We've probably stuck a boot up their ass at some point in history...or bailed their sorry ass out..or even both

If he's not from the US he has no business blabbering about US gun ownership or policy

A true coward cut down the u.s. and won't admit What shit hole country he is from.

Lmao he knows He wouldn't dare name the piece of crap country he us from we would have a field day on his ass.

We've probably stuck a boot up their ass at some point in history...or bailed their sorry ass out..or even both

And if it's not Great Britian or Turkey they still owe us money from WWII

Yeah... I hate when people who don't even live in the U.S. try to tell us how our lives are here.

[

No, I'm wondering how you keep somebody from driving through a crowd and killing 80 people along a waterfront? Hmmm? Idiots like you think that you can prevent bad behavior by disarming people when the reality is you only make it easier for bad people to do bad things.

So you want to talk about one incident? Tell you what, you write up the number of incidents - non-domestic related - where a person in the US has deliberately rammed their car into a crowd and killed 10 or more people. I reckon you'll be tapping away for about 30 minutes, maybe an hour. I'll do the same with regard to firearms. I reckon I'll still be tapping away this time tomorrow.

And then you can tap away about the 1,500,000 times a year guns are used by Americans to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives, including mass public shootings.....which is far more times than they are used to commit murder each year....and often...they aren't even fired to stop the attack........

No, I've mentioned many times on this board where I live. A NZer living in Australia. Being a newb you probably don't know, but I've mentioned it many times.

Wait? Australia where you have strict gun laws yet some guy came into a coffee shop and killed people and held them hostage?

No, I've mentioned many times on this board where I live. A NZer living in Australia. Being a newb you probably don't know, but I've mentioned it many times.

Do you live near Melbourne....Gun city as the 3 part article I posted revealed.....and how gun crime is going up in Australia?

Australia.......the land of guns down under......

Gun city: Young, dumb and armed

Despite Australia’s strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

--------

The notion that a military-grade weapon could be in the hands of local criminals is shocking, but police have already seized at least five machine guns and assault rifles in the past 18 months. The AK-47 was not among them.

Only a fortnight ago, law enforcement authorities announced they were hunting another seven assault rifles recently smuggled into the country. Weapons from the shipment have been used in armed robberies and drive-by shootings.

These are just a handful of the thousands of illicit guns fuelling a wave of violent crime in the world’s most liveable city.

----

Despite Australia’s strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

Shootings have become almost a weekly occurrence, with more than 125 people, mostly young men, wounded in the past five year

-----------

While the body count was higher during Melbourne’s ‘Underbelly War’ (1999-2005), more people have been seriously maimed in the recent spate of shootings and reprisals.

Crimes associated with firearm possession have also more than doubled, driven by the easy availability of handguns, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and, increasingly, machine guns, that are smuggled into the country or stolen from licensed owners.

-------------

These weapons have been used in dozens of recent drive-by shootings of homes and businesses, as well as targeted and random attacks in parks, shopping centres and roads.

“They’re young, dumb and armed,” said one former underworld associate, who survived a shooting attempt in the western suburbs several years ago.

“It used to be that if you were involved in something bad you might have to worry about [being shot]. Now people get shot over nothing - unprovoked.”

------------

Gun crime soars
In this series, Fairfax Media looks at Melbourne’s gun problem and the new breed of criminals behind the escalating violence.

The investigation has found:

• There have been at least 99 shootings in the past 20 months - more than one incident a week since January 2015
  • Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times last year, compared to 143 times in 2011
  • The epicentre of the problem is a triangle between Coolaroo, Campbellfield and Glenroy in the north-west, with Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Dandenong in the south-east close behind
  • Criminals are using gunshot wounds to the arms and legs as warnings to pay debts
  • Assault rifles and handguns are being smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
In response to the violence, it can be revealed the state government is planning to introduce new criminal offences for drive-by shootings, manufacturing of firearms with new technologies such as 3D printers, and more police powers to keep weapons out of the hands of known criminals.
============
The second part of the series....

Gun city: Gunslingers of the North West

========================

'Thousands' of illegal guns tipped to be handed over in firearms amnesty

Asked roughly how many he expected to be handed in, Mr Keenan said: "Look I certainly think the number will be in the thousands."

The Australian Crime Commission estimated in 2012 there were at least 250,000 illegal guns in Australia. But a Senate report noted last year it was impossible to estimate how many illicit weapons are out there.

But....military weapons?

And despite Australia's strict border controls, the smuggling of high-powered military-style firearms is also a growing problem.

I don't go to that stupid thread obama try this again...and I have been on this sight for a few years now.

Yea we know you NZers are jealous pricks of America your country is like what 100 miles long? I never get Why there are so many NZers on U.S. boards and what there fascination with American politics are.

I don't go to that stupid thread obama try this again...and I have been on this sight for a few years now.

Yea we know you NZers are jealous pricks of America your country is like what 100 miles long? I never get Why there are so many NZers on U.S. boards and what there fascination with American politics are.

It is the "Spectator Country Syndrome" ....they do nothing, effect nothing, and watch the world go by....then, they get to comment on what is happening with no skin in the game....

Well you worry about Australia and let us worry about OUR country, how's that?

As I've said many times on this board, the day the US keeps its nose out of everybody else's business is the day I leave this board. I said that for the first time 10 years ago. I'm still here.

Ohhhh...we have been the worlds cop since 1945 you think that would ever change, btw you owe us billions of dollars protecting your damn oil and goods on the worlds shipping lanes ...pay up.

What does New Zealand do for the world? Australia for that matter? Australia can't even provide sufficient electricity for a large portion of their population.

What does New Zealand do for the world? Australia for that matter? Australia can't even provide sufficient electricity for a large portion of their population.

Love green energy.......if hilary gets elected a large part of our country won't be able to provide energy either.....

The point silly person is IT'S THE PERSON. Not the tool! Are you that clueless! Why yes, yes you are!.

Of course it's the person. Not saying otherwise. That's not the argument.

Ahhh but it is. You claim that you can prevent violent people from committing crimes by disarming the regular civilian population. How exactly is that supposed to work?

It is the "Spectator Country Syndrome" ....they do nothing, effect nothing, and watch the world go by....then, they get to comment on what is happening with no skin in the game....

Snobs like them need to pay up for us U.S. taxpayers for protecting there ass.

I am sick of foreign free loaders also.

Politics is an interesting beast. I rarely go on the Obama thread. That aside, Obama farts the world listens. Wish it wasn't so, but it's the way it is.

Yeah I'm really jealous of America. Gee, I wish I lived there. Oh, that's right my wife got offered a job in Australia and the US at the same time. The US job offered more money but we came to Oz anyway. Decision wasn't even close.....LOL...

Ahhh but it is. You claim that you can prevent violent people from committing crimes by disarming the regular civilian population. How exactly is that supposed to work?

There seems to be a myth that is perpetuated by the NRA and gun lovers that people want you disarmed. They don't. They want background checks and certain types of weapons either banned or restrictions based on them. Nobody wants you hand guns or shot guns or .303 rifles. Nothing like that...

Forum List

Back