🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A possible reason why Trump is trying to silence opposition media

Get it right lefties. Obama tried to silence talk radio with the ironically named "fairness doctrine" that would have forced (mostly right wing) talk radio to spout left wing propaganda. It was the Obama administration that authorized an illegal surveillance on Fox reporter James Rosin and tried to arrest him because they didn't like the story he wrote about N.K. missiles. Obama frequently called Hannity and Limbaugh by name and constantly whined about Fox. All trump is trying to do is get the rest of the freaking media to tell the truth.

YEAH YEAH YEAH ... and Republicas repealed Obamacare 60 fucking times AND GOT NOTHING ! ... SILENCE !

True....SOME conservatives are happy because they have found a perfect stooge in Trump. The problem will arise when Trump asks them to fund his "causes" while slashing taxes and be faced with a HUGE debt.
yes ,huge increase in military spending,,,,huge amounts allocated to infrastructure ,,and billions or trillions on tax reform.....where is the dump going to get this money?,,,,even repubs in office will give him the obama treatment
Cutting goverment, cutting programs, cutting foreign giveaways. Cutting taxes will also create jobs, so more money coming into our goverment.
Cutting taxes creates jobs ? Maybe but you believed in the trickle down affect years ago How'd that work out?
We need higher taxes to pay for more bureaucracy. Those right wingers are nuts.
They don't get it, cut federal funding to planned parenthood would save about 500 million a year alone.
NO, it would Not!

more than 90% of the money planned parenthood gets from the federal govt is the reimbursement for medical services provided to MEDICAID recipients for health care covered by MEDICAID, which does not include abortions. Th other money is from Title X funding, which goes to any facility in low income areas that provide birth control and health care for women...in several States, Planned P dos not get title x funding but a State funded women's clinic does.

The MEDICAID Reimbursement, will be spent on these MEDICAID recipients getting healthcare elsewhere, if they can find it near them...or they will go without and end up costing us millions on some dreaded disease on their way to heaven....from waiting too long before getting to a doctor for health care.

you save no money by killing PP's healthcare clinics, you kill people.

yes ,huge increase in military spending,,,,huge amounts allocated to infrastructure ,,and billions or trillions on tax reform.....where is the dump going to get this money?,,,,even repubs in office will give him the obama treatment
Cutting goverment, cutting programs, cutting foreign giveaways. Cutting taxes will also create jobs, so more money coming into our goverment.
Cutting taxes creates jobs ? Maybe but you believed in the trickle down affect years ago How'd that work out?
We need higher taxes to pay for more bureaucracy. Those right wingers are nuts.
They don't get it, cut federal funding to planned parenthood would save about 500 million a year alone.
NO, it would Not!

more than 90% of the money planned parenthood gets from the federal govt is the reimbursement for medical services provided to MEDICAID recipients for health care covered by MEDICAID, which does not include abortions. Th other money is from Title X funding, which goes to any facility in low income areas that provide birth control and health care for women...in several States, Planned P dos not get title x funding but a State funded women's clinic does.

The MEDICAID Reimbursement, will be spent on these MEDICAID recipients getting healthcare elsewhere, if they can find it near them...or they will go without and end up costing us millions on some dreaded disease on their way to heaven....from waiting too long before getting to a doctor for health care.

you save no money by killing PP's healthcare clinics, you kill people.
Okay then since liberals claim abortions are such a small part planned parenthood, then do away with them there. Let the private sector take care of them. Agreed?

what's he doing to "silence" them

oh yeah nothing
Thru brainwashing YOU to believe when the Intelligence committees and News Reports the TRUTH about his team's involvement with the Russians and the stolen email dump's timing of releases on to wikileaks....his team was in collusion with the Russian operatives to influence the outcome of this election in Trump's favor.

It's why he's denied Russian involvement from the get go....he KNOWS HE CHEATED and he doesn't want the World to find out....

He wouldn't be spending so much energy and time to have his peeps fight these investigations tooth and nail....

If he had NOTHING to hide, he would WELCOME the investigations to be open and thorough.
sorta like his hiding his tax returns too
Mind your own business
as he is the leader of our country with enterprises world wide it behooves him to make public his financial dealings so we can be sure he's on the up and up,,,,,,his past shows no such thing

Preibus goes to CIA FBI telling them to shut down investigation of drump russia?

then the 2 investigating republicans are trying to find news absolving drump? I thought those investigators were supposed to look at ALL evidence not just the evidence favoring their party

Wasn't it Nixon that tried to get investigators to bury news from his break in?

we need a non partisan investigation,,,,not one done by dumps scumbags

Priebus didn't go to anyone trying to shut down an investigation.

And you wonder why it's called fake news

Get it right lefties. Obama tried to silence talk radio with the ironically named "fairness doctrine"

TWO questions.....

Did it work for Obama? yes or No?

What makes you then think that it will work for the orange charlatan?

Clearly, CNN, NYT and LAT are in fact opposition media who have abandoned all objective journalistic standards in their assault on a result of a democratic election.

.......and exactly WHO the fuck are you or Trump to tell an American citizen as a consumer of news, which is "fake news" or "OPPOSITION news"?????

Someone with a brain

Okay then since liberals claim abortions are such a small part planned parenthood, then do away with them there. Let the private sector take care of them. Agreed?

Moron, Planned Parenthood IS the "private sector" ........When there are no clinics for miles around or the waiting time at hospitals' ER are ridiculous, PP is a viable alternative.

Moron, Planned Parenthood IS the "private sector" ........When there are no clinics for miles around or the waiting time at hospitals' ER are ridiculous, PP is a viable alternative.
Then let planned parenthood get out of the abortion business. Right?

I am an American citizen exercising my first amendment rights. Clearly that disturbs you. You, I believe, were the one who used the term "opposition media", and I agree. It is a pity we've come to this.

NO, NO........I used the term, "OPPOSITION MEDIA" for a very specific purpose......If the media does not act as an opposition outlet, THEN they've become a mere PROPAGANDA machine.

So the fact that they are advocating the same partisan nonsense no matter who is in office means they aren't propaganda? What they were propaganda when they didn't oppose Obama but suddenly ceased to be propaganda when trump came to power? Really? Do you know how stupid that sounds????

The only way for the media to cease to be propaganda would be to cease to lie and just tell the truth. Report on the facts no matter if trump looks good or looks bad. And do that no matter who is president.

I know a radical concept. Telling the truth. Absolutely crazy to expect them to do what they claim their job is instead of advocating for extreme nut job positions like 12 year old girls needing to be more tolerant of penises in the locker room.

Be honest and people might actually believe you again.

Not denying them shit. Federal money shouldn't go somewhere that provides abortion. They can go elsewhere to kill their baby.

Here, I'll make it simple for your half brain......

Is abortion legal or no?

is an embryo a baby, yes or no?

I am an American citizen exercising my first amendment rights. Clearly that disturbs you. You, I believe, were the one who used the term "opposition media", and I agree. It is a pity we've come to this.

NO, NO........I used the term, "OPPOSITION MEDIA" for a very specific purpose......If the media does not act as an opposition outlet, THEN they've become a mere PROPAGANDA machine.

So the fact that they are advocating the same partisan nonsense no matter who is in office means they aren't propaganda? What they were propaganda when they didn't oppose Obama but suddenly ceased to be propaganda when trump came to power? Really? Do you know how stupid that sounds????

The only way for the media to cease to be propaganda would be to cease to lie and just tell the truth. Report on the facts no matter if trump looks good or looks bad. And do that no matter who is president.

I know a radical concept. Telling the truth. Absolutely crazy to expect them to do what they claim their job is instead of advocating for extreme nut job positions like 12 year old girls needing to be more tolerant of penises in the locker room.

Be honest and people might actually believe you again.

Nitwit.......here LIST the so-called lies by the media against Trump.......

What media outlets have stated is that there ARE on-going investigations on Trump's collusion with Russian intelligence.......The orange fuck head does NOT like that (he rather talk about his narcissism) and ordered these media outlets to not take part of his puppet, Spicer's briefings.

So, LIST the provable lies.......go on......

If there was any danger to silencing the media, would Hitler have used it?

Flag deal is silly, flag said Trump, they like trump. end of story. it seems to be true that Trump fights back hard on any news that is not favorable to him. Planned Parenthood is where working& low income get assistance. I am not objective in regards to planned Parent Hood.

Most right wingers who are now stuck with the Trumpster have NO choice but to condone all of the excesses this clown is imposing on our democracy.....and that is too bad; brainwashing is never pleasant to watch.

However, the current administration is well aware that there are very damaging leaks about the Trump administration dealings with Russian thugs just waiting to be exposed in the upcoming weeks (and probably some of these leaks will be from the Russians themselves in their quest to ridicule the current status of U.S. standing in the world's eyes.)

Given these realities, the oval office has launched a preemptive strike against our own media outlets (labeling them fake news) in order to "cushion" the blow of what these media outlets will soon reveal.

Whenever any organization is beleaguered by an onslaught of controversy, the organization retreats into its bunkers hoping that the controversy will be overshadowed by a more important exigency.

Ultimately this sham of an administration will not be brought down by so-called liberals, but by sane republicans who would rather lose a battle than a more devastating war launched by a charlatan under their banner.

We will be facing very nasty and contentious springtime months..

Kind like that easy Clinton victory....

Can we bank on your prediction.

Trump has take the offensive. It's really pretty bold in my opinion.

And while I don't like Trump, this is much needed.

It's time people sit and think about where they are getting their information from and how it is packaged.

Forum List

Back