a post-debate evaluation of Trump's and Harris' chances to win the presidential race.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
hello all,

what i asked for earlier in this election buildup, has been realized.
now we have 2 candidates who can, from a mental capacity perspective, really lead us.

the Democrats, in my opinion, have proven that they can and will stabilize a regional war in the making.
and that changes everything, dear Republicans.

however, Trump has a whole warehouse full of verbal political ammo, and the airtime to deploy it.

on the domestic crime issue alone, Trump clearly wins.
i can go on, but that would be election interference.

i continue to endorse Trump, for his excellent grasp of international trade and politics.

I would say that there was no clear winner in the debate. Trump was his usual self. Kamala looked as if she was into her usual phony poses and pandering. The moderators were definitely over the top in favor of Kamala and it showed.
All that being said I do believe that she was way in over her head as VP and throwing her into the other end of the pool is an even worse idea

Tariffs have been in place in almost every country for an extremely long period of time.
Our problem is we do not like to admit that we moved the largest part of our manufacturing out of the US and into China where labor costs are low or are non existent with forced labor. Where costs are kept down because they lack the stringent environmental regulations.
Then we see all that money floating to China because we would rather buy cheaper things then pay for the more expensive things made here.
True Trump highlighted tariffs. He brought them into everyone’s mind where they were not aware of them or if they were they were locked away in a dusty corner.

i'd rather use tariffs in an international conflict, than bullets and rockets.
that was never the choice. i could find several examples in history (there is a case for smoot hawley as cause of wwii)

tariffs are at least as inflationary as their own percentage (conservative economics 101 : all taxes are paid by the consumer.)

that was never the choice. i could find several examples in history (there is a case for smoot hawley as cause of wwii)

tariffs are at least as inflationary as their own percentage (conservative economics 101 : all taxes are paid by the consumer.)
It's a shame that's forgotten when it comes to dems making noises about raising the corporate tax rate.

Tariffs have been in place in almost every country for an extremely long period of time.
Our problem is we do not like to admit that we moved the largest part of our manufacturing out of the US and into China where labor costs are low or are non existent with forced labor. Where costs are kept down because they lack the stringent environmental regulations.
Then we see all that money floating to China because we would rather buy cheaper things then pay for the more expensive things made here.
True Trump highlighted tariffs. He brought them into everyone’s mind where they were not aware of them or if they were they were locked away in a dusty corner.
Trading nations should trade. Tariffs put up barriers to trade.

It's a shame that's forgotten when it comes to dems making noises about raising the corporate tax rate.
good point

in both cases , i can choose to reduce m y "taxes" by maybe dealing less with manufactured stuff. reuse, recycle , conserve. got my parents through a depression. maybe the "victory garden" helped? and if paw paw took a duck from city park for thanksgiving ,,,,,,,,,,,

I didn't watch the debate. I pay attention to what politicians do or have done, not what they say.

Interestingly, I get emails from both campaigns and the first thing I got this morning was an email from Harris/Walz that was titled; "Debates don't change Elections". Seems to be that she's trying to blow off a poor performance.

hello all,

now we have 2 candidates who can, from a mental capacity perspective, really lead us.

the Democrats, in my opinion, have proven that they can and will stabilize a regional war in the making.

however, Trump has a whole warehouse full of verbal political ammo, and the airtime to deploy it.

i continue to endorse Trump, for his excellent grasp of international trade and politics.
Stabilize a war? You mean Israel and the Muslim terrorists? They ENABLED it by enriching Iran - the largest state sponsor of terror, with Israel as their #1 target.

There would be no war there has Trump been president.

OTOH, if you are talking about Ukraine, how will the Democrats stabilize it? It’s been going on for three years, and they haven’t done it yet.

hello all,

tRump got his ass kicked. He had no control over himself. He went for every piece of bait he was presented with and made a complete fool of himself.

He's no more capable of running the country than my pet cat.

And domestic crime is down nation wide.

Only weirdos are endorsing tRump after that ridiculous performance.

Forum List

Back