A Protestant told me she left the Catholic Church so she wouldn't have to sit next to a Vietnamese

I wanted to talk about how Protestants separate people by race and ethnicity, while us Catholics do not. Let's talk about that, since it is the topic of the thread.

The thing is, Protestants have different churches for white people, black people, Korean people, Chinese people, Mexican people, but in the Catholic Church there is one Mass for all races, and we sit together in the pews like we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, because we are.
your religion is better than hers. His is better than yours. Its a stupid cycle.

Hey my God is better than yours and will beat your God up on the second Tuesday of never...

I wanted to talk about how Protestants separate people by race and ethnicity, while us Catholics do not. Let's talk about that, since it is the topic of the thread.

The history of the Catholic Church is built on genocide of many cultures, so your religion is no better than the next!

Fine.
Protestants as a group are most likely no more 'racist' than Catholics, but that's just anecdotal and no more serious, provable or true than your assertion.

The thing is, Protestants have different churches for white people, black people, Korean people, Chinese people, Mexican people, but in the Catholic Church there is one Mass for all races, and we sit together in the pews like we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, because we are.
your religion is better than hers. His is better than yours. Its a stupid cycle.

Hey my God is better than yours and will beat your God up on the second Tuesday of never...
I'm not saying the Catholic God is better than the Protestant God, we worship the same God.

What I'm saying is that the Protestants separate themselves based on race and ethnicity, worshipping at different churches, while in the Catholic Church, we all worship in the same church.

That's the topic of this thread, so let's talk about that and stop changing the subject to something else.

woman, who she despised because she could see her bare feet through her thongs.

She joined a church that has crackers and grape juice at services, not bread wafers and wine.

I was thinking she was a racist, and also, she left the true celebration of the Eucharist to engage in a mockery involving the kind of food children are given at snack time in pre-school.

/------ I left the Buddhist temple for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Fine.
Protestants as a group are most likely no more 'racist' than Catholics, but that's just anecdotal and no more serious, provable or true than your assertion.

Truthfully White Southern Baptists have been known as racists and Mormons were no better for years.

I am actually Unitarian but have Catholic and Jewish family members and as a Unitarian we accept all races and religions...

Fine.
But you must be aware that there are "black" Protestant churches and "white" Protestant churches and "Mexican" Protestant churches.

You must be aware of that, it's hardly a secret.

And if that doesn't make Protestants more racist than Catholics, what does it mean?

I'm not saying the Catholic God is better than the Protestant God, we worship the same God.

What I'm saying is that the Protestants separate themselves based on race and ethnicity, worshipping at different churches, while in the Catholic Church, we all worship in the same church.

That's the topic of this thread, so let's talk about that and stop changing the subject to something else.

I was joking with TN Harley because of his damn comment.

Also if you dislike the comment you have many options to use but you putting down someone church because you believe the Catholic Church is better show me the close minded poster you are.

Any way, it seems like I can't start a Catholic thread without someone diverting it to a thread about the sex scandal. Maybe you should start your own thread if you want to talk about that, instead of hijacking mine.
I was pointing out your religion isnt the best, like you like to play it.
Which religion is the best, in your opinion?
I like Hinduism because it is about responsibility and liberty. I also like Buddhism because it is about intelligence.
The rest are about obedience violence and Intolerance.
I don't practice those religions, I just find theM interesting.
I find the history of all religions interesting. Just not beliefs and practices

Fine.
But you must be aware that there are "black" Protestant churches and "white" Protestant churches and "Mexican" Protestant churches.

And if that doesn't make Protestants more racist than Catholics, what does it mean?

There are Filipino services where only Filipinos goto in the Catholic Church. Tell me I am lying because I have been too it.

Also Hispanic Catholics do not usually worship with your kind either.

The Catholic Church is, first and foremost, about the Eucharist, which is celebrated at the Mass.

Catholics believe the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ, and not a symbol.

Many Protestants have lost the central element of what it is to be Christian, which is the celebration of the Eucharist.

It's like the difference between something that is alive and something that is dead.

I do not see the Protestant churches lasting more than a few hundred years more, because they are running on fumes.

Fine.

There are Filipino services where only Filipinos goto in the Catholic Church. Tell me I am lying because I have been too it.

Also Hispanic Catholics do not usually worship with your kind either.
There are Masses in foreign languages, but if you attended English language Masses you would see that all races and ethnicities are in attendance.

Also, the problem with Protestantism is that if you think too much about it, you will either lose faith entirely, or convert to Catholicism.

"my religion is better than yours. Even though the stupid and unnatural rules for priests cause them to molest little boys"
:rolleyes:
So you're saying pedophiles are men with normal sexual attraction to women, but somehow, they become pedophiles because they have no access to women?

That's probably one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying a lot.
When are they alone with women? You think they are going to grab them by the pussy during Mass?
Its not about homosexuality, its about availability.
Dont get me wrong, i dont have a bone to pick with catholicism any more than any other religion. But to sit there and act like you are the shit? Give me a break.
Heterosexual priests have plenty of access to women, and I'm sure some of them give in to temptation.

But attraction to children is a sexual deviation, it is not caused by Church rules, it is caused by a personality disorder and it may be because that person was sexually molested himself as a child.

A heterosexual priest is not going to start molesting children. You are stupid if you think that's the way sexual deviancy works.
Yes, its a personality disorder created from unnatural laws like not touching the opposite sex.
Sexis is the most natural thing on the planet. For every species.
Its uncanny to think restricting someone from natural cravings such as that isnt going to hurt them mentally.
Why is there such an abundance of priests molesting children and not baptist preachers? Why does the church hide it?
Actually, we had a protestant minister here commit suicide not too long ago after he was publicly accused of several incidents of pedophilia. Apparently they were true.
Blackrook is right that pedophiles will chose situations with access to children, as normal men will gravitate to places where they can meet women.
It is not in any way caused by forced celibacy. What turns us on sexually is not within our control. It is not something we choose. All people can do is choose how/whether to act upon it.
I wasn't implying most priests are pedophiles or even homosexual.
So gay pedophiles are drawn to priesthood because of alter boys? Is that why a lot of them do it their entire lives?
Them having to swallow natural thoughts and cravings their entire life doesn't effect sexuality?
I wonder what brain chemistry would say to that?
I wonder what pedophiles who were driven to liking children because of social loneliness would say to that?

Fine.

I've never heard of them. Nothing like that at any church I've been to, for sure.

Fine.

I've never heard of them. Nothing like that at any church I've been to, for sure.
So you are denying that Protestants have separate churches for the races?

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to do about someone who's just going to deny reality.

By the way, the person in your anecdote is an idiot if that's her real reason for leaving the church. There are legitimate gripes with Roman Catholicism where I can see people converting, but this clearly isn't one of them.

So you're saying pedophiles are men with normal sexual attraction to women, but somehow, they become pedophiles because they have no access to women?

That's probably one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying a lot.
When are they alone with women? You think they are going to grab them by the pussy during Mass?
Its not about homosexuality, its about availability.
Dont get me wrong, i dont have a bone to pick with catholicism any more than any other religion. But to sit there and act like you are the shit? Give me a break.
Heterosexual priests have plenty of access to women, and I'm sure some of them give in to temptation.

But attraction to children is a sexual deviation, it is not caused by Church rules, it is caused by a personality disorder and it may be because that person was sexually molested himself as a child.

A heterosexual priest is not going to start molesting children. You are stupid if you think that's the way sexual deviancy works.
Yes, its a personality disorder created from unnatural laws like not touching the opposite sex.
Sexis is the most natural thing on the planet. For every species.
Its uncanny to think restricting someone from natural cravings such as that isnt going to hurt them mentally.
Why is there such an abundance of priests molesting children and not baptist preachers? Why does the church hide it?
Actually, we had a protestant minister here commit suicide not too long ago after he was publicly accused of several incidents of pedophilia. Apparently they were true.
Blackrook is right that pedophiles will chose situations with access to children, as normal men will gravitate to places where they can meet women.
It is not in any way caused by forced celibacy. What turns us on sexually is not within our control. It is not something we choose. All people can do is choose how/whether to act upon it.
I wasn't implying most priests are pedophiles or even homosexual.
So gay pedophiles are drawn to priesthood because of alter boys? Is that why a lot of them do it their entire lives?
Them having to swallow natural thoughts and cravings their entire life doesn't effect sexuality?
I wonder what brain chemistry would say to that?
I wonder what pedophiles who were driven to liking children because of social loneliness would say to that?
A normal man with normal sexual attraction to women isn't going to transform into a pedophile. That's not how it works.

Also, you're completely wrong if you think a heterosexual priest couldn't break his vows if he wanted to, because there are plenty of women who are attracted to priests and would gladly have sex with them. I'm sure it's a big problem, but there hasn't been any publicity about it because the plaintiffs' lawyers can't get rich off of consensual sex between adults.

Forum List

Back