🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Question To All Of The Forum's Atheists

you should be glad, not sad FJB

have you ever heard of a 'recovering catholic'???

~S~

No, but I assume that means somebody who stopped being a practicing Catholic and become one again and I'm sad because not everybody wants to know Jesus and how much He loves them. Especially with people I consider dear friends of mine on here and I just want everybody to know what I know and feel what I feel. :(

I decided to put this in general forum since I wasn't sure where else to put it. I guess this could go towards agnostics (not sure what you believe in) too. I'm just curious though, do you fear death? I mean you obviously believe that nothing exists after this life, but do you fear what will happen if you are wrong and you wind up in Hell? (Please don't take offense to this, I am genuinely curious.)
No.

No, but I assume that means somebody who stopped being a practicing Catholic and become one again and I'm sad because not everybody wants to know Jesus and how much He loves them. Especially with people I consider dear friends of mine on here and I just want everybody to know what I know and feel what I feel. :(
close FJB

recovering catholics are folks that have been through the religmo meatgrinder

they are, like i was, literally the closest thing we have to the 'borg' incarnate, in terms of the entire hierarchy imposing itself on young hearts and minds

most of us come out the other side adults, understanding the disconnect betwixt Religion and Faith

Those strong enough of us that can retain their faith w/out the insanity of religion are thus those recovered of these terrestrial control freaks

~S~

Do I fear death... I don't know that I fear it, but it's not on the top of my list of things to do...

As far as what if I'm wrong...

Well, hopefully I've lived my life in such a way that it would outweigh my lack of belief or faith in the eyes of a forgiving GOD.

I was brought up in the Catholic church, Sunday school, Communion, Confession, Mary worship, the works. In my early teens the question of faith and religion was left up to me. I didn't give it much thought after that... I did some reading and then the 1960 movie Inherit the Wind came into my life and changed the way I thought about things. I'd say that my early exposure to religion has given me a good foundation for how to live life, even without having it in my life.

I tend not to harass or fault anyone for their beliefs (unless you're a Scientologist). If someone finds strength and comfort in religion, who am I to judge? I will say that I wish the same were true of many of the people of faith who feel it necessary to judge... everyone.

I decided to put this in general forum since I wasn't sure where else to put it. I guess this could go towards agnostics (not sure what you believe in) too. I'm just curious though, do you fear death? I mean you obviously believe that nothing exists after this life, but do you fear what will happen if you are wrong and you wind up in Hell? (Please don't take offense to this, I am genuinely curious.)
Yes, I fear the pain of death but not death itself. I think when we are young we want to live forever, but now that I am getting older I'm not so sure. Seen a lot of my older folks being left by themselves. All of my grandparents generation - great aunts etc - have all passed. I remember the last two (who both died within a few weeks of each other about 8-10 years ago) were both incredibly lonely. We looked after them and all that, but they wanted the company of their contemporaries, which they no longer had. Not too sure if I want to be the last one standing.

They all believe in forcing others to their will.
They don't really believe in Democracy.
They make up what rules we have to follow.....and they don't want anyone to question them.
Freedom and Democracy are mere inconveniences.
As always, it's important for sane people to see just how crazy the batshit crazy trump supporters are. Post often.

I think you're living in a bubble....and most of us are out here seeing everything that's being published in the media.
Maybe you need to branch out and explore alternative news sources.
I don't need your alternative facts from your alternative universe.

I guess you live in another country....because this is what most of us are seeing every day from Democrats.

Even though they're on my ignore list I just snuck a peek to see what they were yacking about now and of course they just had to mention Trump again.

I wouldn't call myself an atheist, just don't follow the big religions.
I have no problem with the concept that a higher intelligence may or may not have had a hand in the Creation of the Universe our limited senses perceive. Such an intelligence would have scientific knowledge and wisdom far above a primitive species such as ourselves. It would use tools such as Evolution to make it happen.
I don't really fear death as we all eventually have to face it. It is my personal hope that everything that ever was, is or will be is forever cataloged (recorded) for eternity. Call it heaven, a universal conciousness, whatever. I don't believe in a literal Hell. It would seem to be all a waste of time and a shame it was all just random occurrence.
Sounds a little like Intelligent Design, which I have been personally attacked by Atheists and the religious here. Pretty much why I usually avoid the topic and the Religion forums.
The experts can get vicious.

One need not be conventionally religious to join in this simple prayer:

Xiden is the shepherd I did not want.
He leadeth me beside the still factories.
He restoreth my faith in the Republican party.
He guideth me in the path of unemployment for his party's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the bread line, I shall fear
no hunger, for his bailouts are with me.
He anointeth my income with taxes, My expenses runneth over.
Surely, poverty and hard living will follow me all the days of my
life, And I will live in a mortgaged home forever..
I am glad I am American,
I am glad that I am free.
But I wish I were a dog .....
And Biden were a tree.

Many of them think they're better than everyone else.

Many of these people mock religion because everything they do is spelled out directly in the scriptures as being wrong....and these people cannot admit they're wrong....ever.

"Every thinking man is an atheist." - Ernest Hemingway, before he put his shotgun into his mouth and pulled the trigger
He gave no thought to the poor individuals who would have to clean up his brains from his house.

Give my book to impressionable high school and college students. It refutes the unscientific lies of atheists with .... science. Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life

"This book should be required reading for every high school student." - Michael McCartney, D.D.S., F.A.C.D.

Famous atheist activist and founder of the American Atheists organization Madalyn Murray O'Hair was murdered in 1995 by two felons who worked for her organization. They also murdered her son, her adopted daughter and granddaughter, and Murray's high school girlfriend.

I will say this with conviction: I'd bet anything that O'Hair begged Jesus for forgiveness and for one more breath of air, in her last dying breath.

Atheists always act like they're not accountable to God, but they always seem to think they can bargain with Him when they die.

Ultimately believers are proved right, and atheists are proved wrong, after it's too late.
Imagine the greeting of every soul arriving, without exception: "Welcome! We're so happy to see you!"

No. Although I am not sure exactly what I would be considered...not really an atheist or agnostic. If you prove to me there is a god, I'll believe it. Until then, I dont.

I repeat,.. how can a person say they don't believe in something that (they feel) doesn't exist? Wouldn't their more appropriate response to whether or not they believed in God would be "there is no God?" Just like I say that there's no such thing as Santa Claus (the legend not Saint Nicholas or his spirit) or the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny. I don't say I don't believe in them because I already know they don't exist.

Forum List

Back