A Question to the Left

Why do you distrust or fear people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O, or any other commentator but not the President of the US?

You people have a deep hatred for these people yet they have absolutely no power over anything in your life.

They can not:
Tax you
assassinate you
regulate you
imprison you
force you to buy something
declare war
send your son or daughter to war
impose travel restrictions on you
manipulate you through legislation
or anything else that the president of the United States can do to you.

So, I'm going to ask you again. Why do you fear them, but not the president of the US?
Probably for the same reasons CON$ fear CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, unions, teachers, Hollywood, Jon Stewart, etc., even though none of them can do the things you list either!!!!!

Actually unions can;
Impose travle restrictions
Tax you

Travel can be help up by strikes, like in the UK now.
Tax you by making your tax money go to the union to pay for thier pensions and benefits. Also if the union member works for the state, you have to pay for it's over priced wage.

Teachers have access, unmonitored access, to our kids for ~ 7 hours a day. We've all seen the videos of what they can get away with.

Everything else? I just change the channel and let my kids know jon is a comedian that clings to the coat tails of Beck.
that's quite a stretch!

How can a bus or train strike prevent me from getting in my car or a taxi and traveling anywhere I want to go?

Government workers earn about the same as the private sector FOR THE SAME JOB so you have been misled if you think they are paid more. They are no more overpaid than anyone else.

How can teachers
Tax you
assassinate you
regulate you
imprison you
declare war
in that ~7 hours?

Probably for the same reasons CON$ fear CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, unions, teachers, Hollywood, Jon Stewart, etc., even though none of them can do the things you list either!!!!!

Actually unions can;
Tax you

Tax you by making your tax money go to the union to pay for thier pensions and benefits. Also if the union member works for the state, you have to pay for it's over priced wage.

Teachers have access, unmonitored access, to our kids for ~ 7 hours a day. We've all seen the videos of what they can get away with.

Everything else? I just change the channel and let my kids know jon is a comedian that clings to the coat tails of Beck.
that's quite a stretch!

How can a bus or train strike prevent me from getting in my car or a taxi and traveling anywhere I want to go?

Government workers earn about the same as the private sector FOR THE SAME JOB so you have been misled if you think they are paid more. They are no more overpaid than anyone else.

How can teachers
Tax you
assassinate you
regulate you
imprison you
declare war
in that ~7 hours?

Simple. Not everyone has a car. The cabs can go on a support strike.
````
Government workers get about 30% more.

`````````
teachers are union, whose pay checks come from taxes.

The rest is ignorant blather thay I didn't talk about, all I mentioned was the vast invluence they have, vast, unmonitored influence.

LOL, seriously? Whats to stop me from saying that the right under Bush were fine with government doing as it pleased but not until Obama got in to office did the right start whining about government spending and power. Give me a break.

His poll numbers would make you look very foolish. But go ahead. We could all use a good laugh.

Speaking of laughs, why don't you tell me again how you would "game" the health insurance system. LOL. I noticed you never posted again in that thread once your genius idea was shot down. LMAO!!!

Thats an easy answer. Cost effective.

But simple concepts are way above your head.

Why do you distrust or fear people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O, or any other commentator but not the President of the US?

You people have a deep hatred for these people yet they have absolutely no power over anything in your life.

They can not:
Tax you
assinate you
regulate you
imprison you
declare war

So, I'm going to ask you again. Why do you fear them, but not the president of the US?

I asked this question months ago and got no response. A lib would have to think to answer this question rather than react emotionally like they do so often. The truth is libs live off of hate. They thrive on hating their enemies. We've all seen and heard libs say outrages things when they have no answer. All they care about is the victory over their foes even if the destruction of our nation is the price tag.

And loss of freedom and liberty for all. :eek:

Why do you distrust or fear people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O, or any other commentator ...

FALSE GIVEN alert. The above presumes that liberals FEAR these people.

but not the President of the US?

Another FALSE GIVEN alert - This presumes that liberals TRUST Obama.

Another presumption that is unproven

They can not:
Tax you
assassinate you
regulate you
imprison you
declare war

Finally something that is true.

Tell me, liebuster, are you aware of how your partisanship is blinding you to the truth?

I'll ask you again, how do you presume to know the minds of liberals?

Doesn't your common sense inform you that that dividing the world simplictically into characatures of liberals v conservatives is a boneheadedly stupid thing to do?

Apparently not.

Good thing I'm here to help, eh?

The reason I assume these things is because all I see is stories about how "Glenn Beck is Dangerous" and how he is a "Religous Zealot" and then the next week he "Hates Jesus":cuckoo: The level of attacks against these people, especially Beck certainly warrants an assumption of fear

Kieth Olbermann can't go one day with out using Beck in a "special comment" or worst person in the world.

Media matters employees are payed to listen to every word these commentators say so they can pump out their quota of negative stories for the day.

You have White house advisors actively running boycotts of Glenn Beck.

The fact is there is MILLIONS and MILLIONs of $$$$ being spent to discredit these people yet all they have is a microphone. Yet these same people have no problem with a group of people in our government taking power right before their very eyes.

You are right. I should not assume that all progressives fear these people and at the same time trusting the president. But the powerful and elite sure do fear these people especially Beck, but have no problem giving executive authority to a person that can have TRUE power.

My father who is a die hard progressive suffering from Bush Derrangment Syndrome told me that all politicians are crooks. To which I replied "Then why do you want to give them more power??"

I guess I never understood why the left wants an all powerfull government especially when their party might not be in power for ever.

My father who is a die hard progressive suffering from Bush Derrangment Syndrome told me that all politicians are crooks. To which I replied "Then why do you want to give them more power??"

I have never received a satisfactory answer to this question. Don't hold your breath.

I guess I never understood why the left wants an all powerfull government especially when their party might not be in power for ever. :clap2:

That was good enough to be repeated.

Well said.

I guess I never understood why the left wants an all powerfull government especially when their party might not be in power for ever. :clap2:

Well said.

I've never understood why the right hate their fellow Americans and only care about themselves.

@ two thumbs

When you consider that the founding of this country was based on the concept that power corrupts it really does astonish me that people have no problem with unlimited government power.

Actually unions can;
Tax you

that's quite a stretch!

How can teachers
Tax you
assassinate you
regulate you
imprison you
declare war
in that ~7 hours?

Simple. Not everyone has a car. The cabs can go on a support strike.
````
Government workers get about 30% more.

`````````
teachers are union, whose pay checks come from taxes.

The rest is ignorant blather thay I didn't talk about, all I mentioned was the vast invluence they have, vast, unmonitored influence.
There are independent cabs as well as union cabs even if the union cabs go on strike in support.

On the average government workers do not earn 30% more FOR THE SAME JOB, you've been had by dishonest people who do not compare the same jobs. Most government jobs are white collar jobs. The way the dishonest make Gov jobs look like they pay more is by averaging private sector jobs which are mostly blue collar jobs which lower the average. The Gov usually outsources blue collar jobs. When the SAME JOB is compared the pay is about the same.

Teachers, union or not, do not set the tax rates.

Union teachers have no more power to
Tax you
assassinate you
regulate you
imprison you
declare war
than non-union teachers.

Well said.

I've never understood why the right hate their fellow Americans and only care about themselves.

Oh, the 3rd grader argument. Do you really think that is going to convince anyone? Maybe the first thing you should assume about people isn't that they are evil and hate people. It might make you actually wonder why they hold their beliefs and lead you to learn something new. Just a thought.

No, you're wrong. If you're on the left you want the government running every aspect of your life.
If you support the left's agenda, yes, you do.

And if you support the right's agenda you are a baby rapist. I like how this game works.
The problem is what I claimed is true. What you claimed isn't.

Classical liberalism is about individual liberty. Today, liberalism is about collective control.

You can deny it. But not credibly.

If you support the left's agenda, yes, you do.

And if you support the right's agenda you are a baby rapist. I like how this game works.

Classical liberalism is about individual liberty. Today, liberalism is about collective control.

Because only conservatives know what liberals really believe?

Do you listen to yourself?

Because only conservatives know what liberals really believe?

Do you listen to yourself?

I know what you believe by the positions you advocate and the actions you take. No mind-reading required. If you don't like it being pointed out, perhaps you might want to rethink your positions and actions.

Well said.

I'll never understand why the left makes things up, know they are made up, but eventually convinces themselves it's true.

Well said.

I'll never understand why the left makes things up, know they are made up, but eventually convinces themselves it's true.
:lol: I've seen leftists make a claim, then, when asked for a citation, post a link to the post where they made the claim. :lol:

Forum List

Back