A “race” question

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Red State! Amen.
Is the concept of “race” even real?

Can it be considered a part of science? If so, does it pass the tests of what science demands (things like falsifiability)?

I think some of this may depend on distinguishing between “science” and “pseudo:science.”

Personally, although we can make-out some aspects of what we call “race,” (things like melanin and skin tone variations), I don’t believe such observations mean very much. I think “race” is probably just a “pseudo-science.”

Is the concept of “race” even real?

Can it be considered a part of science? If so, does it pass the tests of what science demands (things like falsifiability)?

I think some of this may depend on distinguishing between “science” and “pseudo:science.”

Personally, although we can make-out some aspects of what we call “race,” (things like melanin and skin tone variations), I don’t believe such observations mean very much. I think “race” is probably just a “pseudo-science.”
Race as a concept. Race is a human construct, so there is no debate over whether race "is even real." It is real. It exists.

I'd like to know who you believe insists race passes some tests you've listed. You've made a claim by introducing something as a question. If you can't name who -- then you've just made something up. But Maybe you're a creative artiste building strawmen?

Race does not really exist in science. But race as pseudo-science? Nope: "a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method." There exists no racial gen or for that matter there exists no gay gene. There does exist some pseudo-science surrounding the '"born gay" issue, but not the race issue.

You are wrong in your stated belief.

Forum List

Back