A real budget Crisis: The DNC is nearly broke

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
All y'all whacky zany liberals and progressives should really stop predicting the demise of conservatives and tea partiers and check your own back yard.

I love it. I'm having so much fun today.:eusa_angel:

The DNC is nearly broke
September 30, 2013: 10:20 AM ET

As the government nears shutdown, the fundraising arm of the Democratic Party is having a budget crisis of its own.

By Tory Newmyer, writer

It is a highly unusual state of affairs for a national party -- especially one that can deploy the President as its fundraiser-in-chief -- and it speaks to the quiet but serious organizational problems the party has yet to address since the last election, obscured in part by the much messier spectacle of GOP infighting.

The Democrats' numbers speak for themselves: Through August, 10 months after helping President Obama secure a second term, the DNC owed its various creditors a total of $18.1 million, compared to the $12.5 million cash cushion the Republican National Committee is holding.

Several executives at firms that contract to provide services to the party -- speaking anonymously to avoid antagonizing what remains an important if troubled client -- describe an organization playing for time as they raise alarms about past-due bills falling further behind.

And senior strategists close to the DNC say they worry the organization appears to have no road map back to solvency.

"They really thought they could get this money raised by the summer," one said, "but the fact is, from talking to people over there, they have no real plan for how to solve this."

The Democratic National Committee is nearly broke - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blogTerm Sheet

$18.1 million in debt, lol.

/yawn...Elizabeth Warren alone raised $39 million for her campaign and here we are listening to someone say 18.1 million in the hole is doom and gloom.

Last edited:
I believe it

What's really interesting in the article is it uncovers that Obama's OFA is siphoning off big bucks from the DNC.

Basically, Obama and his henchmen like Messina are screwing over the party. No surprise for the greedy arrogant twits from Chicago to be selfish unto themselves.

/yawn...Elizabeth Warren alone raised $39 million for her campaign and here we are listening to someone say 18.1 million in the hole is doom and gloom.

Oh piss off :lol:

My OP is about the DNC not about Warren. Can you try to stick to the topic?

Oh piss off :lol:

My OP is about the DNC not about Warren. Can you try to stick to the topic?

It's a perfectly reasonable response to your OP since it's actually a very trivial matter especially considering it's another year to the midterms. If 1 Senator's campaign is 39 million what significance does 18.1 million have for a national convention.

oh whoop dee do. They were broke in 2008 too while the GOP had $25 million. How well did that turn out for them?

DNC Lags Behind GOP In Fundraising, Ended Year Almost Broke

It ended with the Republicans in control of the House....Dems losing net seats in the Senate...and a dickless moron in the White House. Anymore questions...let me know. :)

umm..2008? no.

moron.jpg

So what? Is there an election coming up? Looks like right wing shitheads like Rahm are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to try and find anything they possibly can to trash the democrats, :lol:

Mayby the Unions can pitch in a few more bucks??

Oh wait. I forgot. The unions are bitching about what Obamacare is gonna cost their members. Never mind.

oh whoop dee do. They were broke in 2008 too while the GOP had $25 million. How well did that turn out for them?

DNC Lags Behind GOP In Fundraising, Ended Year Almost Broke

It ended with the Republicans in control of the House....Dems losing net seats in the Senate...and a dickless moron in the White House. Anymore questions...let me know. :)

Thanks for showing all of us that you compensate your memory of a goldfish with delusional fantasies.

Last edited:
I love it. I'm having so much fun today.:eusa_angel:
Your post reminds me of all the premature orgasms people were having over a Romney victory last year.
:lol:

for a change I agree with you. yes, the liberal orgasms that people would be outraged at the republicans and the complete yawn it turned out to be completely premature exactly like that

Forum List

Back