USMB Coffee Shop IV

Its 6.30 AM in England, I have been awake for hours. I am too worried about my sister to get to sleep. She has a serious eye infection and has been put on anti biotics for three months. But she does not want to take it, and has stopped once already. I have been trying to tell her eye surgeons don't prescribe penicillin for three months for nothing, but her next appointment is not until September, and she keeps saying she wants to stop taking it because its unpleasant. Not only that but she has brittle bones and she fell down and broke her hip a few months ago.
I am terrified she is going to fall over again. Doctors want her to take drugs to strengthen her bones, but she does not want to take more drugs. What to do, what to do. I am scared.
Oh my Dajjal. I didn't get back in here until just now. It is so stressful and hurtful when someone you love refuses to do what they must for themselves. Penicillin is not unpleasant unless one is allergic to it. Some of the meds for osteoporosis can be unpleasant for some people but there are shots one can take instead and they are not at all unpleasant--one every six months. Does she have a close friend who might back you up with her? Or do you know who her personal physician is and can alert her/him to the problem so maybe they could intervene?

Unless you would prefer I didn't, I will put her on the vigil list.

Forum List

Back