🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A site I was active on got hacked.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
OUCH!

On that site I used my own name. I paid with my own credit card. I talked to my friends via Zoom. On winter night I saw my friend in Sydney, Australia ride home from work on a subway.

What will happen now?

OUCH!

On that site I used my own name. I paid with my own credit card. I talked to my friends via Zoom. On winter night I saw my friend in Sydney, Australia ride home from work on a subway.

What will happen now?
You have your own credit card? Wow!

OUCH!

What will happen now?
Change your password and delete your credit card info from the site. The hacker(s) may not have your credit card info yet but will obviously try some way to get it from you. The best thing to do with your credit card is to contact your bank and have them cancel it and send you a new one. Tell them what happened and they will take care of you.

OUCH!

What will happen now?
NOTIFY your credit card company--have them send a new card.

OUCH!

What will happen now?
Probably not much. If your credit card got or gets hack internationally, it will probably be a matter of proving you were here and not there. That's all it was for me, and the bank returned my money. All of it, in just a few days. Of course the depositions local police, TBI, FBI and Treasury department went on for a couple of months, since it was international bank fraud. You might want to call the card provider, notify and request a new card, and inquire about fraud protection procedures, maybe your bank, also.

Probably not much. If your credit card got or gets hack internationally, it will probably be a matter of proving you were here and not there. That's all it was for me, and the back returned my money. All of it, in just a few days. Of course the depositions local police, TBI, FBI and Treasury department went on for a couple of months, since it was international bank fraud. You might want to call the card provider, notify and request a new card, and inquire about fraud protection procedures, maybe your bank, also.
I am now off to remove my $250 from my card.

Forum List

Back