A Tale of Two Eras

....and a perfect example of a poor memory.

Up until a few years ago, I lectured on the 60's at universities. You are out of your league here, but that never deters you.

You may make any claims you wish to, but the evidence preponderates in the other direction.
Since I run circles around you, seems like you're the one 'out of your league.'

It may be time, I believe, for you to don those horrid white orthopedic walking shoes, and matching belt, and waddle off, ‘else you may miss the ‘Early Bird Special’!

You certainly run in circles.

You could not keep up with me, darling.

Up until a few years ago, I lectured on the 60's at universities. You are out of your league here, but that never deters you.

You may make any claims you wish to, but the evidence preponderates in the other direction.

It may be time, I believe, for you to don those horrid white orthopedic walking shoes, and matching belt, and waddle off, ‘else you may miss the ‘Early Bird Special’!

"You could not keep up with me, darling."

As I am so far ahead....why would I want to slow down and wait for you???

"You could not keep up with me, darling."

As I am so far ahead....why would I want to slow down and wait for you???

My, what a childish attempt at humor. Secondary school should bring superior humor.

Last edited:
Why hasn't PC posted in the thread about Reagan aiding and abetting Saddam's gassing of Iranian troops?

I realize it's indefensible, but that hasn't stopped her before.

There must be a relevant Ann Coulter snark she could post!

Why hasn't PC posted in the thread about Reagan aiding and abetting Saddam's gassing of Iranian troops?

I realize it's indefensible, but that hasn't stopped her before.

There must be a relevant Ann Coulter snark she could post!

Did it.

Post #18

Oh, I see. You are referencing your post in this thread.

That was from 2003, based on the Reaganite's view of events.

I posted the just released CIA documents of the events.

Oh, I see. You are referencing your post in this thread.

That was from 2003, based on the Reaganite's view of events.

I posted the just released CIA documents of the events.

Same subject....yours was countered even before you posted it.

From your link:

Ronald Reagan issued National Security Decision Directive (NSDD) 114, dated November 26, 1983, concerned specifically with U.S. policy toward the Iran-Iraq war......It does not mention chemical weapons.

and:

Rumsfeld met with Saddam, and the two discussed regional issues of mutual interest, shared enmity toward Iran and Syria, and the U.S.'s efforts to find alternative routes to transport Iraq's oil; its facilities in the Persian Gulf had been shut down by Iran, and Iran's ally, Syria, had cut off a pipeline that transported Iraqi oil through its territory. Rumsfeld made no reference to chemical weapons, according to detailed notes on the meeting

Then they equivocated:

"While condemning Iraq's chemical weapons use . . . The United States finds the present Iranian regime's intransigent refusal to deviate from its avowed objective of eliminating the legitimate government of neighboring Iraq to be inconsistent with the accepted norms of behavior among nations and the moral and religious basis which it claims"

None of this contradicts the recently released CIA documents.

Early America was a hellhole

But we have learned and evolved into the greatest nation on earth

...the slippage began when the Emperor Franklin the First abridged the Constitution....

The problems have shown up as cracks in the economy, and the tsunami of the Mortgage Meltdown.

Debt is the handwriting on the wall.

Can you imagine, the Emperor never considered that there'd be more folks.....or that they would live longer.

I will take 21st century America over 18th century America any day

We are stronger as a society, as a culture and as a country

I'm not seeing it. I'm out there, frequently. I give out lunches to the needy once a week. I go door to door looking for host families for Japanese students. I'm seeing a lot of suffering. A lot of people who've given up looking for work. A lot of people who've lost their homes. I've been seeing this for years, not just since Obama was elected. There is a cancer growing in this country and I don't know if we will ever be able to cure it.

20th century America was the greatest country in the world. 21st century America has pretty much become the Soviet Union, possibly worse.

From your link:

Ronald Reagan issued National Security Decision Directive (NSDD) 114, dated November 26, 1983, concerned specifically with U.S. policy toward the Iran-Iraq war......It does not mention chemical weapons.

and:

Rumsfeld met with Saddam, and the two discussed regional issues of mutual interest, shared enmity toward Iran and Syria, and the U.S.'s efforts to find alternative routes to transport Iraq's oil; its facilities in the Persian Gulf had been shut down by Iran, and Iran's ally, Syria, had cut off a pipeline that transported Iraqi oil through its territory. Rumsfeld made no reference to chemical weapons, according to detailed notes on the meeting

Then they equivocated:

"While condemning Iraq's chemical weapons use . . . The United States finds the present Iranian regime's intransigent refusal to deviate from its avowed objective of eliminating the legitimate government of neighboring Iraq to be inconsistent with the accepted norms of behavior among nations and the moral and religious basis which it claims"

"From your link: ...Iran-Iraq war......It does not mention chemical weapons.

..."While condemning Iraq's chemical weapons use . . . "

From your link:

and:

Then they equivocated:

So, you are arguing that publicly they were condemning it, while privately they were aiding and abetting it?

That sure puts a shine on Reagan's legacy. :lol:

From your link:

and:

Then they equivocated:

So, you are arguing that publicly they were condemning it, while privately they were aiding and abetting it?

That sure puts a shine on Reagan's legacy. :lol:

So....let's get this straight.....

Democrat Jimmy 'Peanut' Carter installs the Ayatollah in Iran in place of the pro-Western Shah, ....

1.The 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran has been compared in importance to the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917. “The central problems of world affairs today spring from the Iranian Revolution much as those of the 20th century sprang from the Russian Revolution.” Book review: The Shah - WSJ.com

2. "When the Iranian revolution came to power, with the help of Democratic President Jimmy Carter, the Ayatollah Khomeini killed more human beings (about twenty thousand) in two weeks than had been killed by the Shah during his entire thirty-eight years. Khomeini followed this by sending hundreds of thousands of Iranians to die in the Iran-Iraq war, as martyrdom was needed to resurrect the Islamic Empire."
Paul Berman, “Terror and Liberalism,” p. 108

And you're enough of a knucklehead to
a. Draw attention to another foreign policy failure by a Democrat.....hinting at the panoply of failures by Obama..

and

b. ...complain that President Reagan understood realpolitik, and worked to prevent victory by Iran or Iraq????

Brilliant.
That's what makes you a Liberal.

Forum List

Back