A teenager knocked on the wrong door. Now he’s dead, and the homeowner is accused of murder.

More lives wasted thanks to a paranoid gun owner.

A teenager knocked on the wrong door. Now he’s dead, and the homeowner is accused of murder.

Two teenagers were drinking in Chicopee, Mass., Saturday afternoon when they set off to find a friend, according to authorities. Whether it was the booze or the sheer similarity of the neighborhood’s low-slung homes, the teens somehow ended up at the wrong house.

One of the teenagers, a 15-year-old boy, banged on the door.

Suddenly, a gunshot rang out from inside the house, and the boy slumped on the porch with a bullet to his belly.

The boy died at a hospital. He has not yet been identified.

The homeowner, 42-year-old Jeffrey Lovell, was arrested and charged with murder, according to the Chicopee Police Department.
If it were Louisiana, the homeowner would probably get away with it:

Death of Yoshihiro Hattori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you're telling us a conversation warrants execution. Still waiting to find out how.

strawmanillustration.png

A strawman is something inserted that doesn't exist. But this does.

Wanna see it?

Shooting an unarmed kid through a door is not defense.

That's a matter of one's perception. You weren't there. You don't know what words were exchanged. You don't know the home owner didn't know if he had a weapon or not of any kind. If the person on the other side of the door has a gun or other weapon then shooting through the door absolutely is defense.

What words possibly exist in the English language, or any language --- that would merit getting picked off from inside a house?

Well??

Same thing happened with the girl in Detroit and the German exchange student in Montana. Threads were abuzz with gun nut apologists trying to rationalize murder. Both of those guys got convicted and sentenced though, which just shows how much of a fringe element a message board like this draws ---- shooting people for 'having conversations', 'smoking pot' and 'being a slut'.

The German exchange student was set up, but you already knew that, or maybe you didn't, since you've aptly demonstrated you don't know shit about this case, but that didn't stop you from condemning the victim here.

Either way, your argument is invalid.

Where did I "condemn the victim"?? All I said was posters are inserting fantasies about his "size", putting extra years on him and ass-uming he was "breaking in". Without any evidence that's just not factual.

Two teenagers were drinking in Chicopee, Mass., Saturday afternoon when they set off to find a friend, according to authorities. Whether it was the booze or the sheer similarity of the neighborhood’s low-slung homes, the teens somehow ended up at the wrong house.

Suddenly, a gunshot rang out from inside the house, and the boy slumped on the porch with a bullet to his belly.

The homeowner, 42-year-old Jeffrey Lovell, was arrested and charged with murder, according to the Chicopee Police Department.

Yup, that's yet another one. Hard to keep track of 'em all.

But "we don't have a gun culture". :eusa_liar:

Let's see. Drunk and breaking windows. In your summary, you failed to mention that window breaking and the attempted communication before shots were fired.

Desperation to defend milady Her Gun Majesty's honor. ^^

We bow before thee, O Almighty Gun, in humble supplication, yea verily to the point of picking people off from inside our own house. For thine is the power and the gory and the weeping and gnashing of teeth, and we dig that because we're fucking sadists, amen.

But "we don't have a gun culture". :rolleyes:

Apparently we have a culture where people can go to another person's house and break windows without you idiots believing those of us that live there can do anything about it.

Shooting one of them dead is not what you do when a drink kid is at your door. Gun nuts really are sad defending this pathetic behavior.
You don't understand....in today's Drumpf-fueled RW culture, it is totally acceptable.

This case is completely irrelevant and not even remotely the same situation.

Hattori wasn't shot through a door. Other than that pretty much same shit different day. But "we don't have a gun culture". Even after the same event cited in Montana, Louisiana, Michigan and now Massachuetts. Just "coincidence" I'm sure.

And you're telling us a conversation warrants execution. Still waiting to find out how.

strawmanillustration.png

Wanna see it?

That's a matter of one's perception. You weren't there. You don't know what words were exchanged. You don't know the home owner didn't know if he had a weapon or not of any kind. If the person on the other side of the door has a gun or other weapon then shooting through the door absolutely is defense.

What words possibly exist in the English language, or any language --- that would merit getting picked off from inside a house?

Well??

Correct and it doesn't exist. You'll notice at no time did I ever claim the home owner's actions were justified based solely on a conversation.

Keep flailing aimlessly in the wind for some kind of valid point, though. I imagine your arms are getting quite tired. See, I can sit here and come up with all kinds of hypotheticals all day too and pretend that it proves some kind of point when I don't get an answer, but I don't do that because I'm capable of critical thought.

He didn't bother to wait to find out, did he?

A pane of glass is replaceable. A 15-year-old's lifetime --- not so much.
Well, in today's world, the kid's parents are going to own the guy's house soon.

Same thing happened with the girl in Detroit and the German exchange student in Montana. Threads were abuzz with gun nut apologists trying to rationalize murder. Both of those guys got convicted and sentenced though, which just shows how much of a fringe element a message board like this draws ---- shooting people for 'having conversations', 'smoking pot' and 'being a slut'.

The German exchange student was set up, but you already knew that, or maybe you didn't, since you've aptly demonstrated you don't know shit about this case, but that didn't stop you from condemning the victim here.

Yes I already knew that --- I POSTED it in the thread to the denials of the gun fetishists. Thanks for confirming I was right all along.

Let's see. Drunk and breaking windows. In your summary, you failed to mention that window breaking and the attempted communication before shots were fired.

Desperation to defend milady Her Gun Majesty's honor. ^^

We bow before thee, O Almighty Gun, in humble supplication, yea verily to the point of picking people off from inside our own house. For thine is the power and the gory and the weeping and gnashing of teeth, and we dig that because we're fucking sadists, amen.

But "we don't have a gun culture". :rolleyes:

Apparently we have a culture where people can go to another person's house and break windows without you idiots believing those of us that live there can do anything about it.

Shooting one of them dead is not what you do when a drink kid is at your door. Gun nuts really are sad defending this pathetic behavior.
You don't understand....in today's Drumpf-fueled RW culture, it is totally acceptable.

Since you also ignore the FACT that the kid was breaking windows, one could say you believe a drunk person doing that at someone's house is acceptable.

Hattori wasn't shot through a door. Other than that pretty much same shit different day. But "we don't have a gun culture". Even after the same event cited in Montana, Louisiana, Michigan and now Massachuetts. Just "coincidence" I'm sure.

Hattori banged on the guy's door over and over and broke a window?

Wow, what an amazing coincidence that you are not only an expert on the Massachusetts shooting, but also on this obscure random Louisiana case that happened 24 years ago. Are you like some kind of expert witness or something? Have you been holding out on us? Better yet, maybe you have the gift. Do you speak to the dead?

enhanced-buzz-12011-1360284517-5.jpg

Yes I already knew that --- I POSTED it in the thread to the denials of the gun fetishists. Thanks for confirming I was right all along.

So why did you bring it up when it has no relevancy or similarities to the case at hand? Running out of ammo?

200_s.gif

strawmanillustration.png

Wanna see it?

Well??

Correct and it doesn't exist. You'll notice at no time did I ever claim the home owner's actions were justified based solely on a conversation.

Keep flailing aimlessly in the wind for some kind of valid point, though. I imagine your arms are getting quite tired. See, I can sit here and come up with all kinds of hypotheticals all day too and pretend that it proves some kind of point when I don't get an answer, but I don't do that because I'm capable of critical thought.

Then why can't you answer the question? What such words exist?

OR - if such words do not exist, then why did you bring it up? What's their relevance?

STILL waiting.
impatient.gif

You weren't the only one to bring it up, but everybody else I challenged ran away.

Hattori banged on the guy's door over and over and broke a window?

Wow, what an amazing coincidence that you are not only an expert on the Massachusetts shooting, but also on this obscure random Louisiana case that happened 24 years ago. Are you like some kind of expert witness or something? Have you been holding out on us? Better yet, maybe you have the gift. Do you speak to the dead?

Nope -- nor do I go to cemeteries and expound on what "size" they are (with no evidence) or add extra years to their life dates (with no evidence) or point fingers of B&E at them (with no evidence) or speculate that they must have found some kind of words that are so eeeeebil that they had to be blown away on the spot.

Gun violence was the hot issue I came to this site on. It was right after the Bob Costas commentary (about gun culture) and the Jacksonville shooting, and right before Adam Lanza and Webster. So yeah I have done a wee bit of research, and I've certainly seen this gun fetishist "blame the victim" pattern before. It's getting to be old hat.

Last edited:
Drunk teenager starts breaking windows in someone's home. Looks like a good shoot to me.

You should go house to house banging on doors. Let us know who's a 'good shot'.
You too left out the part about breaking windows while pounding on those doors.

I also left out the part where the poster I said that to is on record saying that pot smokers should be shot in the face.
And that has what to do with omitting the salient point of busting a window after door banging?

The kid was in the act of burglary with breaking the window.
And right on cue the left side with the criminal.
Exactly.

The home owner was obviously scared out of his mind when these three drunks show up, and simply start banging on his door then try to break in while he was warning them and calling the cops.

Usually the perp isnt the one trying to call the cops in the middle of a crime or just before it. Usually that is the vitcim here.

But the libtards want our society to be destabilized and introduce anarchy so that they can use their thugs to scare the shit out of everyone.

I am ready to start hanging the bastard from lamp posts, myself.
Police have only one function - to keep criminals from hanging from lampposts.
In this case the police were a little late.
Fascinating....a glimpse at a Drumpf-fueled America.

So why did you bring it up when it has no relevancy or similarities to the case at hand? Running out of ammo?

200_s.gif

HOW does it "not have relevance"??

Montana: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner convicted, imprisoned.
Louisiana: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner charged, but only after Japan protests, gets acquitted, then loses civil trial.
Michigan: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner convicted, imprisoned.

now Massachusetts: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner arraigned for murder.

Stop me when you see a pattern.

But "we don't have a gun culture".

Then why can't you answer the question? What such words exist?

Why don't you just ask how many possible combinations you can come up with in a series of 118 numbers in any given order because that's akin to what you're asking here. Given the vast amount of possible combinations of words in the English language, your question is rhetorical, but you already knew that too. You're doing a piss poor job of making your case so you're resorting to obfuscation and getting butt hurt nobody will take the bait.

200_s.gif

HOW does it "not have relevance"??

Montana: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner convicted, imprisoned.
Louisiana: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner charged, but only after Japan protests, gets acquitted, then loses civil trial.
Michigan: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner convicted, imprisoned.

now Massachusetts: Homeowner blows away person without due perception of a threat. Homeowner arraigned for murder.

Stop me when you see a pattern.

But "we don't have a gun culture".

Oh, so you've also convicted the home owner without evidence or his right to trial. Did your psychic vibes tell you he perceived no threat?

Guilt by association can sometimes also be a type of ad hominem fallacy if the argument attacks a source because of the similarity between the views of someone making an argument and other proponents of the argument.[7]

This form of the argument is as follows:

1. Source S makes claim C.
  2. Group G, which is currently viewed negatively by the recipient, also makes claim C.
  3. Therefore, source S is viewed by the recipient of the claim as associated to the group G and inherits how negatively viewed it is.

An example of this fallacy could be "My opponent for office just received an endorsement from the Puppy Haters Association. Is that the sort of person you would want to vote for?"

Another logical fallacy. Would you like to keep going because you're getting very good at these.

Forum List

Back