Bull Ring A thread especially for Golfing Gator

Wow, my very own thread!

This is so special.

6. The price of oil jumped up to $130 per barrel under Biden

Yes or no?

Yes. This is what happens when there is a worldwide slashing of oil production due to a global pandemic.

So, now that I answered your question, you can answer one for me...

What is the only region in the world that is back to its 2019 oil production numbers?

Wow, my very own thread!

This is so special.

Yes. This is what happens when there is a worldwide slashing of oil production due to a global pandemic.

What is the only region in the world that is back to its 2019 oil production numbers?

@Golfing Gator

"Biden also announced the U.S. will tap into its oil reserves but many people are wondering if that will actually lower gas prices. On Tuesday, a barrel of oil traded between $120 and $130, about double what it was in December, when a barrel was going for $68 on average."
VERIFY: Will the release of US oil reserves lower gas prices?

As to your question. no idea, but it sure isn't us.

United States Crude Oil Production - April 2023 Data - 1950-2022 Historical

oil.jpg

7. Drained US Strategic Oil Reserve to the lowest level since 1984

Wow, my very own thread!

This is so special.

How about I buy you lunch?
:9:

Actually, it is us.

Average barrels produces per month in thousands:

View attachment 790179

@Golfing Gator

The EIA's 2023 figures are an average of January and February of 2023 only, there are no figures after those months.

Even at the January 2023 figure of 12,536 bbl/day, it hasn't yet reached the Trump-era high of 13,000 bbl/day of January 2019.

So why are we sticking on this point? The price of oil did jump up to $130 per barrel under President Biden.

"Biden also announced the U.S. will tap into its oil reserves but many people are wondering if that will actually lower gas prices. On Tuesday, a barrel of oil traded between $120 and $130, about double what it was in December, when a barrel was going for $68 on average."

VERIFY: Will the release of US oil reserves lower gas prices?

7. Drained US Strategic Oil Reserve to the lowest level since 1984

Last edited:
Yeah, by 2050. So what?

And executive order doesn't make it so, he was referring to "federal procurement."

"Net-zero emissions from federal procurement no later than 2050, including a Buy Clean policy to promote use of construction materials with lower embodied emissions;"

FACT SHEET: President Biden Signs Executive Order Catalyzing America’s Clean Energy Economy Through Federal Sustainability | The White House

And he has said on multiple occasions that he would "end fossil fuels", and then backtracked by claiming we need to use oil for the next 10 years.

So which one is a lie?

Rebecca Beaulieu: "Thank you. Um, so my question is ... How can we trust that you're going to act on climate, on the climate crisis if you're still attending fundraisers that fossil fuel executives like Andy Goldman are at?"

Biden: ...... "
But kiddo, I want you to just take a look, ok? You don't have to agree, but I want to look at my eyes. I guarantee you, I guarantee you, we're going to end fossil fuels and I'm not going to cooperate, ok? No, it can't be done by 2030. Before 2050, G-d willing. No, there's not one single person who's argued it could be done by then. But it can be done by 2050. It may be 2045, but as the science increases, we may be able to move more quickly. But we have to. We can fundamentally change things in the next 10 years though so that we set a path. I promise you. I promise you. Ok?

Joe Biden, 9.6.2019

And executive order doesn't make it so, he was referring to "federal procurement."

"Net-zero emissions from federal procurement no later than 2050, including a Buy Clean policy to promote use of construction materials with lower embodied emissions;"

FACT SHEET: President Biden Signs Executive Order Catalyzing America’s Clean Energy Economy Through Federal Sustainability | The White House

And he has said on multiple occasions that he would "end fossil fuels", and then backtracked by claiming we need to use oil for the next 10 years.

So which one is a lie?

He said fossil fuels wold be replaced with renewable clean energy by 2050. He campaigned on that. He said that. He was protested for saying that. It was on his website for president.

That's what he ran on.

If you're going to cherry pick instances where he talked about it without mentioning by 2050, then that's just you being dishonest.

Forum List

Back