A True Atrocity

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Okay, so sometimes religion sucks.

We have one group that gets down on their knees to worship a stone in the desert.

We have another that seems to adore an instrument of death.

Yet another follows some fat-bellied guy who sits there nearly buck naked.

But, of all the religious atrocities I've read of, the following is probably the most chilling:

800 children died at an Irish home for unwed mothers and were denied baptism and even the most basic of religious rites before they were buried in a huge mass grave in Ireland.

Read more @ Bilgrimage: Footnote to Story About Irish Mass Grave: Story Appears Only to Grow Worse

And then there's this story: 800 Babies in a Septic Tank? Maybe Not @ 800 Babies in a Septic Tank? Maybe Not - What happened to the remains isn't clear In any case, the question is: what happened to these helpless children?

How about the thousands of Central American children who are being shunned and/ignored by so-called christians right now?

That has the makings of a modern-day atrocity.

Why are American christians so cold and heart-hearted when it comes to needy children?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

How about the thousands of Central American children who are being shunned and/ignored by so-called christians right now?

Why are American christians so cold and heart-hearted when it comes to needy children?

There is only a little problem that causes atrocitys--- One is not taught the true teachings of Jesus the son of God in a building called a church. One teaching from Jesus--solves very important problems in ones life, but it is only taught at a kingdom hall--Matt 6:33

Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his ( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added( Matt 6) sustenance, covering, spirituality)

Since Jesus said first= ultra important to be doing these two things daily. I assure you, Jesus' real teachers get this important truth deep into each ones heart to live by daily.
How many wouldn't have or starve to death if they only knew and applied a single teaching from the son of God. It was a promise, if they did those two things daily.

Last edited:

There is only a little problem that causes atrocitys--- One is not taught the true teachings of Jesus the son of God in a building called a church. One teaching from Jesus--solves very important problems in ones life, but it is only taught at a kingdom hall--Matt 6:33

Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his ( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added( Matt 6) sustenance, covering, spirituality)

Since Jesus said first= ultra important to be doing these two things daily. I assure you, Jesus' real teachers get this important truth deep into each ones heart to live by daily.

How many wouldn't have or starve to death if they only knew and applied a single teaching from the son of God. It was a promise, if they did those two things daily.

Or, instead of preaching gobbledegook, give them food to eat and protect them from child sex traffickers. :rolleyes:

Don't know why you think they aren't
Here is a list of worldwide Christian organizations.
They all are helping;
http://www.globalcorps.com/jobs/ngolist.pdf

We have many Christian groups helping with the illegal women and children being dumped off at our bus terminals in Tucson and Phoenix.
If that is what you were referring to.

Or, instead of preaching gobbledegook, give them food to eat and protect them from child sex traffickers. :rolleyes:

Well darn Ludley, I have to choose between two different thoughts on the matter. I know-- I will listen to Jesus and know its the best avenue-- his is a permanent fix, not just a temp fix.

Last edited:

They all are helping;

We have many Christian groups helping with the illegal women and children being dumped off at our bus terminals in Tucson and Phoenix.

A majority of those are not "chrisitan".

Of course there are some real Christians are in favor of helping the least among us but read this board. Most of those who call themselves "christian" actually preach hate. Day in, day out - hate hate hate.

American Christians hard-hearted when it comes to needy children? :disbelief:

Say what you will about Americas Christians... they may be misguidedly betting the farm on the stories, dreams and visions of a 7,000 year old Bedouin named Abraham, but they are not, as a group, stingy.

They all are helping;

Of course there are some real Christians are in favor of helping the least among us but read this board. Most of those who call themselves "christian" actually preach hate. Day in, day out - hate hate hate.

You're selling yourself and the Christian community short if you judge the entire culture by what you read here at USMB.

We're all, at least to some degree, actors on this very narrow stage.

The Monkey emotion usually behind atrocities is greed. For either resources or power, the lust is the same.

The Irish Catholics received state money to 'care' for disposable people that NOBODY cared about. It's not like the good people of Ireland were unaware of what was going on - they had government inspectors come around same as all the other state supported suppliers of what passed for charity in the 18th & 19th centuries. If they had wanted these girls and their spawn to live well they could have voted for higher taxes or tithed on the gross.

I saw that story. It's tragic. I don't know how anyone can profess the name of the Lord and participate in such barbarism.

That's actually a major point here - they didn't see it as barbarism, they saw it as charity. They took in disposable people who came to them with nothing and gave them spoiled gruel and a leaky roof.

In their own eyes, they GAVE.

They all are helping;

Those who reject Jesus' truths are in darkness. I shared the permanent fix to the problems posed from you but you reject it--you seem to think a couple bucks will do the trick--yes for a couple days--then what? Jesus gave the permanent fix.

I saw that story. It's tragic. I don't know how anyone can profess the name of the Lord and participate in such barbarism.

One is never taught--Jesus' truths in a place called a church. this is their reality-2 Corinthians 11:12-15

Last edited:

American Christians hard-hearted when it comes to needy children? :disbelief:

Say what you will about Americas Christians... they may be misguidedly betting the farm on the stories, dreams and visions of a 7,000 year old Bedouin named Abraham, but they are not, as a group, stingy.

On the face of it, I agree. But, in reality, not so much.

Supposedly, something like 90-95% of our population is "Christian". And yet, most appear to be against feeding, housing and giving those kids asylum. Most seem to walk past the homeless and pretend not to see them.

A huge percentage of homeless are vets and/or mentally ill but they're treated like its all and always their fault they're homeless. Never mind where the fault lies, they're human beings and "christians" despise them.

Far too many christians seem to think platitudes are better or as good as food and shelter. See post #7, for example. Or, for that matter, see any of the ridiculous preachy crap posted here.

75% of Americans are Christian.

What makers you think that Christians only give to those groups listed as Christians?
Christians give to all of those groups.

There are not against helping them. They are against government dependency.
Many that walk past the homeless are not just Christians, it's all of our Citizens.. Many are afraid that they might have contagious diseases or that they are professional pan handlers.
It is not just a simple answer like you are trying to label Luddly.

Many of these people coming in droves across our boarders have tuberculosis, measles and who knows what else. If we don't get a handle on this, we are going to have some very huge epidemics here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back