Did Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime?

Even the terminally far leftist WAPO is not happy with stolen valor Walz.

“Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler shredded Democratic vice presidential candidate Gov. Tim Walz’s, D-Minn., claim that he once carried weapons of war "in war."

He served and was deployed in the European theater during Operation Enduring Freedom. Are you illiterate?
Tiger laughing.jpg

There hasn't been a European theater since the end of WWII.

Once again you prove how ignorant you are of the military. Anything outside of the contiguous 48 States is considered overseas. That would include AK, HI and all US territories.

Units stationed in Hawaii and Alaska are not “deployed” idiot

Yes.

He resigned as a Command Sergeant Major.

The Army reverted him back to Master Sergeant because he had not yet finished his CSM coursework before he resigned.

Yes.

He served during wartime.

The Balkans War. The Iraq War. The Afghan War.

He did not deploy to a combat zone and he did not see combat.

The video clip of him casually saying that he carried an assault rifle in war was a "mis-speak" in the heat of the moment.

I seriously doubt that he was thinking about it much when he said that and he has long-since conceded his non-combat status.

If he had made a habit of doing so I would have cried "Stolen Valor" myself but I see no malevolent intent behind that one mis-speak.

When you have to play such an extensive game of semantics, you've already lost. People tend to recognize gaslighting when they see it. BTW he retired, officers resign.

Forum List

Back