A woman said her tattoos got her rejected for a job, but experts say personality is far more important

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

A woman said her tattoos got her rejected for a job, but experts say personality is far more important​

That's because the experts are retarded.

Note to self, if you mutilate your body and look like a damned freak, no one wants to hire you, at least, most won't.

Woman in suit jacket with face tattoos

The whole tattoo and piercing craze is beyond my level of understanding. It used to be only navy men would get tattoos which I never cared for either, but now it seems everyone has them. I have to say, I've never seen a tattoo that looks attractive. And in terms of piercings, I've never seen on that was attractive either, except for maybe ear piercings.

And the color your hair thingy, same thing.

Of course, when you put it all together, I suppose they look gorgeous, like this fine specimen above. But maybe I'm just partial to the satanic like horns protruding from their head, however. Dunno.

So, what changed in society to have this common place? Does it correlate with the failing mental health of society as a whole? Is it akin to people wanting to cut themselves?

A woman said her tattoos got her rejected for a job, but experts say personality is far more important​

Note to self, if you mutilate your body and look like a damned freak, no one wants to hire you, at least, most won't.

The whole tattoo and piercing craze is beyond my level of understanding. It used to be only navy men would get tattoos which I never cared for either, but now it seems everyone has them. I have to say, I've never seen a tattoo that looks attractive. And in terms of piercings, I've never seen on that was attractive either, except for maybe ear piercings.

Of course, when you put it all together, I suppose they look gorgeous, like this fine specimen above. But maybe I'm just partial to the satanic like horns protruding from their head, however. Dunno.

So, what changed in society to have this common place? Does it correlate with the failing mental health of society as a whole? Is it akin to people wanting to cut themselves?
This person is mentally ill. Sprouting horns, piercings, full face tattoos--I wouldn't enter a store that had a demon like this working for them.

It really depends on the job, but I can see where a bank, brokerage or Cadillac dealer might be hesitant in hiring this broad.

My counsel to young people of all cultures, races, ethnicities, national origin, etc. has not changed:

1. Stay in school, educate yourself, learn to read/write intelligently, do basic math, know some history and geography and economics and science. Also take some courses that teach useful skills.
2. Stay away from illegal activities and illegal substances.
3. Learn and use good manners and etiquette and how to be pleasant. People skills can benefit you in every aspect of your life.
4. Take whatever mcjobs you can get to develop a work ethic, learn some useful skills, develop references.
5. Don't have children until you are married to a responsible person.
6. Learn how to make a professional appearance meaning you are cleaned up, smell good and dressed for success. Don't have unnatural hair coloring, don't get tattoos or piercings or if you do, get them where you can keep them hidden. Few will be interested in hiring a freak or weirdo or thug or somebody who doesn't give a damn about their appearance.
7. Respect yourself and others and strive for excellence. You may not get rich or reach all your goals, but you'll have much better chance for a good, satisfying life that you can be proud of.

(And as an aside, I doubt anyone who would do to herself what that woman in the picture has done to herself would have much in the way of personality.)

Last edited:
How do tattoos prevent anyone from performing a job?

They don’t

If the job includes instilling confidence in the customer, of course they can.

But for some jobs, like working on the loading dock at Walmart, probably not.

We had this same story the other day.
Story seems the same, Rejected by TJ Max. Tattooed Lady looks different
Might just be Click Bait

1714073659285.jpeg

Clearly you’ve never been to Guitar Center

I suppose in a store like that, this gal's appearance would be a positive. But if I was stopping on by at the local Lexus dealer to see the newest LS, I wouldn't be that confident if she came out as the saleslady.

I remember being in a (relatively normal) bar, and a bunch of bikers had a table. And they were getting all pissy because people were staring at them. Risking a fight, I asked them "Well, isn't that what you're after? You dress like that to provoke a reaction, right? How can you demand that people just ignore it?"

I suppose in a store like that, this gal's appearance would be a positive. But if I was stopping on by at the local Lexus dealer to see the newest LS, I wouldn't be that confident if she came out as the saleslady.
That’s the problem. You would deny someone a chance at employment because their appearance makes you feel uncomfortable.

That’s the problem. You would deny someone a chance at employment because their appearance makes you feel uncomfortable.
No, I just wouldn't hire them. Not "denying" them anything. Why is that a problem?

Public facing jobs are not ready for face tats yet.

I wouldn't deny them a damn thing. I don't own a fine automobile dealership, but I can understand where those who do own them want people with professional appearances representing them in the public

Forum List

Back