AA-12 -- The Ultimate Infantry Weapon

That thing looks like it would be more fun than bump-firing a Browning A-5.

:auiqs.jpg:

Not sure why it never caught on for military use. They do say it's a bit finicky.
It's a bad mofo no doubt.

The fostech is pretty badass as well...

It probably wasn't adopted by the military because we don't use trenches anymore. They still use shotguns for breaching doors but the last thing you want when doing that is pellets flying everywhere from a full-auto shotgun.

...I would not call it the ultimate infantry weapon ....not much range or accuracy at range....only good for close combat
'''' and were demonstrated to the United States Marine Corps who did not adopt the weapon'''''
I believe I heard the narrator say it is accurate to 175 meters with the special finned projectiles. That is much farther than a standard 12ga shotgun slug.

Listen to the video again--especially at theses approx. times:

2:15
2:24 (175meters)
3:00 (20 explosive rounds thru the window of a house at 100meters--in 4 seconds)

I would imagine the military does far more testing and practicing than civilians....and may have done some of the testing with the weapon clamped to a rigid frame.

...and civilians likely cannot get the finned grenade rounds.

On the other hand, I'm a bit circumspect regarding the claims since the video is a sales pitch.

Not sure why it never caught on for military use. They do say it's a bit finicky.
It's a bad mofo no doubt.

The fostech is pretty badass as well...

It probably wasn't adopted by the military because we don't use trenches anymore. They still use shotguns for breaching doors but the last thing you want when doing that is pellets flying everywhere from a full-auto shotgun.

I can still see it being useful in clearing houses and other buildings.

Relative short range with heavy bulky ammunition and limited magazine capacity?
As a grenade launcher, 175 meters is not "short range".

Putting 20 grenades through a house window in 4 seconds at 175 meters is impossible with a rifle mounted grenade launcher.

All magazines are limited. (Belt feed is not a magazine.) A 32 round magazine is no slouch at any caliber. At 12ga, it's impressive.

...I would not call it the ultimate infantry weapon ....not much range or accuracy at range....only good for close combat
'''' and were demonstrated to the United States Marine Corps who did not adopt the weapon'''''
I believe I heard the narrator say it is accurate to 175 meters with the special finned projectiles. That is much farther than a standard 12ga shotgun slug.

Listen to the video again--especially at theses approx. times:

2:15
2:24 (175meters)
3:00 (20 explosive rounds thru the window of a house at 100meters--in 4 seconds)

I would imagine the military does far more testing and practicing than civilians....and may have done some of the testing with the weapon clamped to a rigid frame.

...and civilians likely cannot get the finned grenade rounds.

On the other hand, I'm a bit circumspect regarding the claims since the video is a sales pitch.
..I don't need to listen again
....I researched it --yes....what about after 175 meters?
...explosive rounds are not for point targets--they are for area targets--like a grenade launcher is ....
..the M203 grenade launcher has about the same range
..in jungle fighting it would be good.....
but it's not an ultimate infantry weapon

Forum List

Back