CDZ Abortion

She has a right to control any and all decisions regarding her body.

Where is the rights for the other body inside her?

those rights take a back seat to mom's rights.... at least til later in the pregnancy... as set forth in Roe v Wade.

if you have a problem with that, then exercise your right to not avail yourself of the right.

other than that, it's not government's place to butt in... or yours

I'm not trying to change laws.

I just want people to admit that at 5 weeks (or after), when a baby (or fetus) has is developing a heart, organs, features etc. that if you willingly get an abortion, it's murder. That is a living human being inside you.

No, it is a potential human being. There is no guarantee that you will have a successful pregnancy.

Human is human. Whether in the mother or outside the mother. When you were a sperm and egg, you were just as human as you are now, just in a different form.

The law does not grant rights to eggs and sperm.

no, murder is a legal term and abortion does not qualify as such. words mean things. ;)

well admit it's killing a human being then... or taking a human life .. whatever term you want (legal or not) - people need to admit they are doing it

what did you think was being aborted? a hippopotamus?

Um, no, But many people like to stick their head in the sand and convince themselves they are not taking a human life.

"Many people"?

Who are these "many people" that you are talking about?

well I don't have names, but, people on other message boards etc. Even people here saying they are not human until the come out of the womb etc.

those rights take a back seat to mom's rights.... at least til later in the pregnancy... as set forth in Roe v Wade.

if you have a problem with that, then exercise your right to not avail yourself of the right.

I just want people to admit that at 5 weeks (or after), when a baby (or fetus) has is developing a heart, organs, features etc. that if you willingly get an abortion, it's murder. That is a living human being inside you.

No, it is a potential human being. There is no guarantee that you will have a successful pregnancy.

Human is human. Whether in the mother or outside the mother. When you were a sperm and egg, you were just as human as you are now, just in a different form.

Well if your guide to life is the law - like I said, I'm not arguing the law, I'm just saying admit you are taking a human life. I admit the law permits this. But most moral people would not want to take a life, not at any cost.

Then none of us have rights

no, murder is a legal term and abortion does not qualify as such. words mean things. ;)

well admit it's killing a human being then... or taking a human life .. whatever term you want (legal or not) - people need to admit they are doing it

Um, no, But many people like to stick their head in the sand and convince themselves they are not taking a human life.

"Many people"?

well I don't have names, but, people on other message boards etc. Even people here saying they are not human until the come out of the womb etc.

In which case you won't have any problem providing links to the posts of the "many people" in this forum who you claim are saying that they are "not human until the[y] come out of the womb", right?

FYI do not provide links to other forums since that is a violation of USMB rules. Only the links to posters in this forum who are making these alleged claims.

TYIA

you must know a lot of idiots. :itsok:

I have run into my fair share!

me too... if you only had a brain you'd understand the legal issue has nothing to do with your tired old strawman.

engl-101-strawman-full.jpg

Well if your guide to life is the law - like I said, I'm not arguing the law, I'm just saying admit you are taking a human life. I admit the law permits this. But most moral people would not want to take a life, not at any cost.

A potential life is not the same thing as a living person. Life comes in many forms. Plants are a form of life so even vegans are taking life in order to survive. If you are wearing leather shoes another file was taken so that you would wear those shoes.

If you want to have a discussion on the morality of life that is completely off topic to your OP which simply claimed that abortion is murder.

If you are a male then all of the sperm that you have ejaculated is a form of potential "human life" that was "taken". For a female each month she "takes the life" of an egg.

Do you want everypne to admit that normal bodily functions are "taking a life" and somehow "immoral"?

We grant each other rights.

"Human is human. Whether in the mother or outside the mother. When you were a sperm and egg, you were just as human as you are now, just in a different form."

...which goes back to a previous thread concerning DNA.
Mitochondrial DNA, shared by all women and uniting all living human beings, has been the same for hundreds of thousands of years. Every woman is born with all her eggs, which means every egg is directly linked to the woman who bore the current mitochondrial form all those ages ago.
So, when did the life of an egg, and the sperm from its son, begin?

Post #169; an essential point, and one that seems to be willingly overlooked by so many. Rights? They are what we decide, grant, agree on, etc. They are a one hundred percent human-created concept. They are one hundred percent relative.
That is something people ought to admit.

Right.

So polygamists are not granted the right to marry, much like the unborn are not granted the right to life.

Got it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

"Many people"?

In other words all you have is hearsay and no substantiation.

If you can't prove what you claim then you lose credibility by failing to substantiate when called upon to do so. That is how debate works.

Your "appeal to many people" is meaningless in the context of this thread ergo no one is actually saying that a fetus is "not human until they come out of the womb".

Yet another fallacious appeal to a mythical "majority".

Masturbation and menstruation are not the taking of human life. An abortion is the termination of a potential life.

The reasons women give for needing an abortion do not include "murder".

Your OP has failed to substantiate it's premise on any level.

The idea that a woman has a "right" to abort her child is a belief, therefore under your analogy it is overridden. :lol:

why admit the obvious ?
you are the only one arguing that.

In a way that's true, rights are an imaginary construct .

Right.

So polygamists are not granted the right to marry, much like the unborn are not granted the right to life.

Got it!!

I sure to hate hypocritical scum sucking Progs.
funny, isn't cons that want to bar same sex couples from marrying who they love?

The idea that a woman has a "right" to abort her child is a belief, therefore under your analogy it is overridden. :lol:

why admit the obvious ?
you are the only one arguing that.

so if it's killing a human life it's OK because it's legal? I mean, is that how you feel?

A potential life is not the same thing as a living person. Life comes in many forms. Plants are a form of life so even vegans are taking life in order to survive. If you are wearing leather shoes another file was taken so that you would wear those shoes.

If you want to have a discussion on the morality of life that is completely off topic to your OP which simply claimed that abortion is murder.

If you are a male then all of the sperm that you have ejaculated is a form of potential "human life" that was "taken". For a female each month she "takes the life" of an egg.

Do you want everypne to admit that normal bodily functions are "taking a life" and somehow "immoral"?

Personally, I believe human life begins at conception.

Personally, I believe human life begins at conception.

You are entitled to your belief and I will defend your right to your belief.

However you don't get to impose your belief on the secular laws on this nation.

Forum List

Back