🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Abu Wisam’s family is trapped on Mt. Sinjar in Iraq, facing starvation on top and dea

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
You can sense this man's anxiety for his family.

Abu Wisam’s family is trapped on Mt. Sinjar in Iraq, facing starvation on top and death by the Islamic State below

BY LAZAR BERMAN
August 7, 2014, 9:57 pm

Abu Wisam hasn’t slept for five days. He has barely eaten either.

Instead, he spends his time pacing the stones of an old Jerusalem courtyard, minutes from the bustling pedestrian malls in the center of the city.

Abu Wisam’s family might die of thirst or starvation this week. They, along with 200,000 other Yazidis, Shiites, and Christians, are trapped on Mt. Sinjar in northwestern Iraq, while members of the Islamic State army has been killing hundreds of those who stayed behind.

He hasn’t been able to talk to them in days, he told The Times of Israel on Thursday. Unable to save them, and with no home to go back to, Abu Wisam is growing desperate.

“They are on the mountain, thousands of families, without water, without water, with nothing,” he said. “I ask that all good people, everyone with a good heart, help us.”

Read more:

From Jerusalem, a desperate Yazidi father pleads for help | The Times of Israel

If I were calling the shots then I'd drop weapons, ammo and food. They hold the high ground. Then I'd drop some special forces dudes in there to shore up the gaps, teach them the weapons while air power blows ISIS dogs to hell and back. Unfortunately, US foreign policy only acts in it's own self-interest, in other words, it doesn't drop bombs on truly bad guys because it's not on some benevolent crusade to rid the world of evil doers.

If I were calling the shots then I'd drop weapons, ammo and food. They hold the high ground. Then I'd drop some special forces dudes in there to shore up the gaps, teach them the weapons while air power blows ISIS dogs to hell and back. Unfortunately, US foreign policy only acts in it's own self-interest, in other words, it doesn't drop bombs on truly bad guys because it's not on some benevolent crusade to rid the world of evil doers.

Perhaps you should be reading the latest news about the plans to help these people.

Forum List

Back