Acting AG Whitaker: 'Deeply concerning' how CNN found out about Stone raid

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Oh my, the shit might hit the fan!

The Hill ^ | 02/08/19 | Joe Concha

Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker said it was "deeply concerning" to him how CNN appeared to have advance knowledge of a raid on the home of political operative Roger Stone.

"It was deeply concerning to me as to how CNN found out about that,” Whitaker stated during an oversight hearing to the House Judiciary Committee on Friday morning.

CNN said on Jan. 24 that it was in position to capture the dramatic raid by the FBI as a result of "good instincts, some key clues, more than a year of observing comings at the DC federal courthouse and the special counsel's office -- and a little luck on the timing."

“Stone's possible indictment has been looming for months now, as Mueller has interviewed many of his associates and others connected to the longtime Trump confidante, whose political career dates back to President Richard Nixon,” CNN added.

CNN's justice correspondent Evan Perez responded to Whitaker on "CNN Newsroom" on Friday morning, calling any allegation the network was tipped off by the FBI "frankly just false."

"He knows exactly what’s happening here," Perez said. "There’s a bit of a conspiracy being hatched and Matt Whitaker knows the answer to this. He could simply pick up the phone and get an answer to this, but he’s choosing to kinda play along with this conspiracy, which is frankly just false.”

Whitaker did not share if the Justice Department has proof that CNN was told about the Stone raid in advance.

“The court had a sealed indictment that, after Mr. Stone’s arrest, was unsealed. Consistent with all its prior indictments, the DOJ’s basic policy for transparency in criminal cases is that the indictment is posted on the DOJ website, probably after it is unsealed, and then media outlets were notified,” said Whitaker.

“I do not know of any other special counsel’s office notice or DOJ notice to media outlets regarding Mr. Stone’s indictment, or his arrest,” he said.

President Trump and Stone, along with many in conservative media, have openly asked if CNN was tipped off about the raid.

“Greatest Witch Hunt in the History of our Country! NO COLLUSION! Border Coyotes, Drug Dealers and Human Traffickers are treated better,” Trump tweeted. “Who alerted CNN to be there?”

I'm gonna have some principles here and say the same thing I say about Trump. Show us the proof or shut the fuck up. CNN and the FBI both have the right to be presumed innocent unless they can be proven to be guilty.

I'm gonna have some principles here and say the same thing I say about Trump. Show us the proof or shut the fuck up. CNN and the FBI both have the right to be presumed innocent unless they can be proven to be guilty.

I agree. Show the proof before anything else.

If its proven, then seek justice but not before.

Lol. Sure they do, moron.

If it's proven, someone needs to go to prison.

This whore hearing is stupid. “It’s just a yes or no question”, lol

Lol. Sure they do, moron.

So mark you down as no better than those who think Trump is guilty until proven innocent.

No, mark me down as a “ask me what I mean, or to fuck your self”.

Whitaker is another mob underling. Expect him to stall, undermine, lie... whatever it takes to cover up for the boss.

For what? Legally taking pictures?
The FBI has someone whispering to CNN? Is this the first leak you've heard of?
Prison for the opposition, huh, Papa Doc?

If the FBI gave CNN a heads up about an indictment handed down by a grand jury that is ILLEGAL Old Lady.

If the FBI gave CNN a heads up about an indictment handed down by a grand jury that is ILLEGAL Old Lady.
The grand jury met the previous day. Everyone expected either Roger Stone or Jerome Corsi to be the next person arrested. All CNN had to do was stakeout the two homes early Friday morning. It’s not a deep state conspiracy. It’s just journalism

The grand jury met the previous day. Everyone expected either Roger Stone or Jerome Corsi to be the next person arrested. All CNN had to do was stakeout the two homes early Friday morning. It’s not a deep state conspiracy. It’s just journalism

Which is why I CLEARLY stated earlier in the thread that I either want to see the evidence or STFU, that the FBI deserves the same presumption of innocence here that you leftists aren't, haven't, and never will give Trump. Because, unlike yall I have principles.

But to Old Lady's question, IF the FBI leaked information from a grand jury to CNN yes that is a crime.

For what? Good investigative reporting? Yeah! I can see conservative republicans being against that.

For what? Good investigative reporting? Yeah! I can see conservative republicans being against that.

I know this is a complete waste of time, because you are a dishonest person right to the core of your being, but it would be illegal for the FBI to tell anyone about anything a grand jury may have done. This would include someone in the FBI contacting someone at CNN and saying "yep just got an arrest warrant for Stone, be at his house tomorrow 6 am with a film crew"

Not saying that happened, merely stating a fact . THAT would be illegal.

Okay. I can see that; the perp might flee, right? Sounds like the FBI needs to figure out who the leaker is this week. It isn't as if D.C. hasn't been leaking worse than those Russian prostitutes, don't you agree?

Okay. I can see that; the perp might flee, right? Sounds like the FBI needs to figure out who the leaker is this week. It isn't as if D.C. hasn't been leaking worse than those Russian prostitutes, don't you agree?

Of course that is true. This town leaks like a 50 year old faucet. It's pathetic and no one ever gets arrested. The problem has gotten worse since Trump took office, but it's always been there.

Or it could have been a member of the Grand Jury. Or a secretary of one of the attorneys. It could have been a lot of people, and I guess my point is that it isn't as if any harm were done. Sure, try to determine who whispered, if they can, but I don't see making a massive deal out of it. For legal pictures.

You can't be this much of a gullible dope.

Or it could have been a member of the Grand Jury. Or a secretary of one of the attorneys. It could have been a lot of people, and I guess my point is that it isn't as if any harm were done. Sure, try to determine who whispered, if they can, but I don't see making a massive deal out of it. For legal pictures.

Yes we wouldn't want the House to take time out of their get Trump schedule to investigate leakers.

Forum List

Back