Actual, real, feminist admits being wrong about Trump.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
You youngins out there may not know this woman...she is a real feminist.....a hard core lefty....and she talks about Trump...

Feminist Icon: I Was Wrong About Trump

Noted feminist scholar Camille Paglia wrote in a Thursday column for Salon that Donald Trump is beginning to look “more and more like a president.”

Good morning, Guy. Camille is an intellectual, but not an actual, real feminist. She has a right to her very well informed opinion, but you should correct your thread title.

Wikipedia:
Camille Anna Paglia (/ˈpɑːliə/; born April 2, 1947) is an American academic and social critic. Paglia has been a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, since 1984.[1] The New York Times has described her as "first and foremost an educator".[2] Paglia is known for her critical views of many aspects of modern culture.[3][4]

She is the author of Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson (1990), two collections of essays, Sex, Art, and American Culture (1992) and Vamps and Tramps (1994), an analysis of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, and Break, Blow, Burn (2005) on poetry. Her most recent book is Glittering Images (2012), a history of the visual arts. She is a critic of American feminism and of post-structuralism as well as a commentator on multiple aspects of American culture such as its visual art, music, and film history. In 2005, Paglia was ranked #20 on a Prospect/Foreign Policy poll of the world's top 100 public intellectuals.[5]

You youngins out there may not know this woman...she is a real feminist.....a hard core lefty....and she talks about Trump...

Noted feminist scholar Camille Paglia wrote in a Thursday column for Salon that Donald Trump is beginning to look “more and more like a president.”
Paglia is known as the anti-feminist feminist.

Actual, real thread about this yesterday. Just as stupid as this one.

Paglia may be to the right of Attila the Hun.

Good morning, Guy. Camille is an intellectual, but not an actual, real feminist. She has a right to her very well informed opinion, but you should correct your thread title.

Wikipedia:
Camille Anna Paglia (/ˈpɑːliə/; born April 2, 1947) is an American academic and social critic. Paglia has been a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, since 1984.[1] The New York Times has described her as "first and foremost an educator".[2] Paglia is known for her critical views of many aspects of modern culture.[3][4]

She is the author of Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson (1990), two collections of essays, Sex, Art, and American Culture (1992) and Vamps and Tramps (1994), an analysis of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, and Break, Blow, Burn (2005) on poetry. Her most recent book is Glittering Images (2012), a history of the visual arts. She is a critic of American feminism and of post-structuralism as well as a commentator on multiple aspects of American culture such as its visual art, music, and film history. In 2005, Paglia was ranked #20 on a Prospect/Foreign Policy poll of the world's top 100 public intellectuals.[5]

In other words, according to you and the literati, Paglia cant be a real genuine feminist because she is willing to critique it, and doesnt hate men nearly enough.

Thanks for the update.

Lol, you shouldnt regard a topic as stupid simply because you cant comprehend it, jack ass.

Yes, she is willing to critique feminism on an ideological level and the social Marxists that run the ideological feminism in our universities have no humility to appreciate being critiqued.

She's an anti-feminist feminist. She doesn't like feminism, so she attacks it and that wins her a lot of attention with conservatives who also don't like feminism.

Lol, you shouldnt regard a topic as stupid simply because you cant comprehend it, jack ass.

If you live your life according to the dictates of Camille Paglia, well, good for you, weirdo.

Paglia thinks that all men are born with rape buttons inside them that are automatically switched on when they see cleavage, but it is equally weird that lots of men seem to really support this concept of men’s “nature.”

Camille Paglia thinks rape is intrinsic to men’s nature — and a lot of men are like, “This is awesome!”

And yet the vast majority do not commit rape.......if not for men, the world would not be civilized.....
I completely agree and find it odd that conservative men agree that rape is instrinsic to mens nature.

Paglia thinks that all men are born with rape buttons inside them that are automatically switched on when they see cleavage, but it is equally weird that lots of men seem to really support this concept of men’s “nature.”

Camille Paglia thinks rape is intrinsic to men’s nature — and a lot of men are like, “This is awesome!”

And yet the vast majority do not commit rape.......if not for men, the world would not be civilized.....
I completely agree and find it odd that conservative men agree that rape is instrinsic to mens nature.

Rape.....don't know about that....but the urge to have sex...sure......

Rape.....don't know about that....but the urge to have sex...sure......
Is that what you think rape is about? The urge to have sex?

Yes, she is willing to critique feminism on an ideological level and the social Marxists that run the ideological feminism in our universities have no humility to appreciate being critiqued.
Yes, Jim, you are right. My point was that 2aGuy should not have called her an "actual, real feminist," because she is a CRITIC of feminism's agreed upon scripture, therefore not one of them. That's all I was saying.

Yes, Jim, you are right. My point was that 2aGuy should not have called her an "actual, real feminist," because she is a CRITIC of feminism's agreed upon scripture, therefore not one of them. That's all I was saying.
So would you apply that same logic to critics of our government? Or to critics of the USA?

So would you apply that same logic to critics of our government? Or to critics of the USA?
Nope. But I would apply it to, for instance, someone who believes in serious restriction of gun rights, universal healthcare and PP funding being called a 'conservative.' Is a person who disagrees with the tenets of conservatism a conservative? I think not. Although some liberals might look at that person and say, Hey! A true conservative!

Forum List

Back