Advice Needed

So, I have this co-worker that wants to talk. I don't like her, and, I'm not a chatty person anyway.

How do I get her to stop in a professional way?

She is not good at taking hints

Find out what her political views are and adopt the polar opposite and only talk about that.
Oh that is hilarious and perfect. She's a Pentecostal

So, I have this co-worker that wants to talk. I don't like her, and, I'm not a chatty person anyway.

/----/ I've had this on and off in my career. I simply say, "I need to focus on my work and don't have time for chit chat. Please excuse me." Once a woman was bothered by a guy non stop in the office and she lost it. She stood and screamed "Go home and bother your wife and leave me alone. " The guy was shelled shocked and never bothered her or any other woman in the office. But yours is a slightly different situation. When people can't take hints, you have to be blunt but kind since she means no harm.
She'll take it personally either way. Normally I just give her short answers. It annoys me that people think you have to be chatty just because they are

So, even when I ignore her and give her short answers, she try to pull me into conversations with others by mentioning me....wtf?

/----/ I've had this on and off in my career. I simply say, "I need to focus on my work and don't have time for chit chat. Please excuse me." Once a woman was bothered by a guy non stop in the office and she lost it. She stood and screamed "Go home and bother your wife and leave me alone. " The guy was shelled shocked and never bothered her or any other woman in the office. But yours is a slightly different situation. When people can't take hints, you have to be blunt but kind since she means no harm.
She'll take it personally either way. Normally I just give her short answers. It annoys me that people think you have to be chatty just because they are
/----/ Why do you care if she takes it personally. The goal is to get her to leave you alone politely but firmly.

Find out what her political views are and adopt the polar opposite and only talk about that.
Oh that is hilarious and perfect. She's a Pentecostal
She's Pentecostal?

Invite her over to your place to meet with your coven, do an astro-chart for her, cast her tarot, etc.

Last edited:

/----/ Why do you care if she takes it personally. The goal is to get her to leave you alone politely but firmly.
I don't want to hurt feelings, but, in a way I think she is trying me..but not sure why. Maybe she is like the fatal attraction woman and can't handle being ignored

So, even when I ignore her and give her short answers, she try to pull me into conversations with others by mentioning me....wtf?
God damn!
You must think you're all that!
Get over yourself, miss stuck-up!!!

*just kidding*:abgg2q.jpg:
Yeah well....it's really the opposite, I want to mostly be invisible. People are too damn needy and dependent on others for their entertainment

God damn!

Yeah well....it's really the opposite, I want to mostly be invisible. People are too damn needy and dependent on others for their entertainment
I know exactly what you mean. People can be a pain in the ass sometimes.
They're always wanting me to talk or just hang with them. GD supermodels and rock stars always need constant entertainment.

I would be happy if nobody said anything to me and let me write without the constant interruptions.

Best thing is to lend her a listening ear, but then not say anything back.

She will then find you boring and leave you alone.

God damn!

Not only that -- they are dangerous too.

Forum List

Back