...aggressive, mean, stupid, and tasty cannibals.

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
As the title suggests, would you eat a crawfish? :D

3a4865ad16e7d06d0aa4b06fce8a9aa06d2eaca2e2951e787e1bdeedcf320ef6.jpg

As the title suggests, would you eat a crawfish? :D

3a4865ad16e7d06d0aa4b06fce8a9aa06d2eaca2e2951e787e1bdeedcf320ef6.jpg

Nope. I am allergic to them. Although, I will use them as bait for red snapper. It must be something in the digestive system of fish when they can eat something I am allergic to, but I can eat them just fine.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39IDDMWDaYc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39IDDMWDaYc[/ame]

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about a certain place. lol

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about a certain place. lol

I'd rather not get poisoned by those things there. Too much gristle, as well. :D

After watching that YT video yesterday, I did something rather crazy. Started reading up on crayfish trapping, and learned that those crustaceans dominate all WI waters. They're a problem, and some lake management people are even asking for volunteers to go out and trap them. So today I drove to Farm and Fleet, bought my very first quality crayfish trap, and some good nylon rope. Now all I need is bait (livers, hot dogs, cat food, etc), and a fishing license.

They put no restriction on how many of the little mudbugs you can catch.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDW-FE0eW8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDW-FE0eW8[/ame]

So in a day or two I'll set out my first trap, and see what happens. If fortune hits I'll buy more come spring, and see what happens next. Would like to make a crawdad Étouffée before I die, too. :D

Last edited:
After watching that YT video yesterday, I did something rather crazy. Started reading up on crayfish trapping, and learned that those crustaceans dominate all WI waters. They're a problem, and some lake management people are even asking for volunteers to go out and trap them. So today I drove to Farm and Fleet, bought my very first quality crayfish trap, and some good nylon rope. Now all I need is bait (livers, hot dogs, cat food, etc), and a fishing license.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDW-FE0eW8

So in a day or two I'll set out my first trap, and see what happens. If fortune hits I'll buy more come spring, and see what happens next. Would like to make a crawdad Étouffée before I die, too. :D

You can kill 2 birds with one stone. We used to fish and at the same time put a cage down with some meat in it. We always came away with 10 or more of the little lobsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJDW-FE0eW8

Crawfish...meh.

I've lived in Baton Rouge. Never had really good mudbugs until moving to Colorado.

They need to be very carefully undercooked: seek some expert advice, but overcooking them (which seems to be the curse of practically everyone outside Colorado), makes the meat stick to the shell, and "pinching tail" becomes an act of futility.

Also, don't forget to "purge" them.

A great alternative to Crawfish Étouffée is Shrimp Étouffée: exactly the same, without any hassle.

You can kill 2 birds with one stone. We used to fish and at the same time put a cage down with some meat in it. We always came away with 10 or more of the little lobsters.

I thought of that, and really wanted to do that, but for some reason WI has an actual rule against being in possession of a crawdad and angling at the same time. Personally I don't understand why they have it that way.

I do eat crawfish, I eat all sort of seafood and I like it.

Red meat ...that is ....4 legged animals I do not eat.

When I was camping up at the BWCA years ago, we would see those things by the hundreds right by the shore of the lakes. Since the lakes up there are nice and clear, it was quite interesting, especially at night-you shine a flashlight on them and see their little eyes looking at you. Of course, as clean as the water is, you could never drink it, or risk getting sick. But it's the perfect environment for them. Black flies breed in that water and they feed on the larvae.

I thought of that, and really wanted to do that, but for some reason WI has an actual rule against being in possession of a crawdad and angling at the same time. Personally I don't understand why they have it that way.

WTF? That's a dumb law. What on earth is it doing?

In fact today I went to the supermarket and they had a sale of tin crab meat YUM! its also like crawfish kind of....let me go get it....let me see........................ok

it's called White Crab Meat in brine...

I will can use it in salad, lots of lemon , mixed with salad .....mmmm....

love it!!!!:D

...... They're a problem, and some lake management people are even asking for volunteers to go out and trap them.....:D

Why are they "a problem?"

Do they play loud music with obnoxious lyrics and speed around the lakes creating huge wakes?

If "Lake Management People" really want to do us all a favor, then they'd begin letting us trap and boil a few of these assholes.

Bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL loud music ^^^^^^^^^^

Forum List

Back