Airline gives woman $150 for 'pain and suffering' caused by being crushed/sweated on by Ham-Beasts

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Sydney’s ordeal began during a three-hour flight where she found herself seated between two obese passengers. Feeling cramped and confined, she took to Twitter to express her frustration. With accompanying photos showing her squeezed into her seat, Sydney didn’t mince words. “I don’t care if it’s mean. My entire body is currently being touched without my consent. I can’t even put my arms on the armrests on either side because there’s no freaking space,” she tweeted.

Her tweets didn’t stop there. She continued to describe her experience in harsh terms, adding that her seatmates were “sweating on me,” which led to further public outcry and accusations of fat-shaming.

The "crushed" lady....Meh, sorta want. ;)

passenger___-1024x875.jpg

I'm sure she will invoke the wrath of the "healthy at any size" ham-beasts for that, but I can understand.

That said I suspect that the $150 was the legal equivalent of "Shut up you whiny bitch".

And WTF is up with that chest piercing?

Been there, done that. I grit my teeth and think of something else. I didn't have the problem on Amtrak recently but a day long journey, both ways, was 5 hours late first leg, and 6.5 hours late on the return. I was comped $250 by Amtrak. Probably only use them now on the short route to Chicago, as the long haulers are so inefficient it is laughable.

She expressed a preference to use the $150 refund to donate to someone in need of a gym membership or fitness program, rather than accepting it as a goodwill gesture for her troubles.

being seated next to someone with a gym membership can lead to cramped conditions as well

1714230167403.jpeg

Forum List

Back