Airstrikes ineffective as ISIS surrounds Kobane, matter of time before Kurds face massacre

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Got to hand it to the Kurds. They continue to fight back despite not having what they need to match the power of ISIS. More military experts are calling for boots on the ground as ISIS advances, but Obama is still calling the shots here. So far, he is reticent to seriously go after ISIS. The Kurds have so far managed to keep ISIS from taking them over, but they need help and fast. Turkey has given permission for the U.S. to use it's bases. Will Obama take them up on it or will we just continue the airstrikes, which have yet to slow ISIS? If I didn't know better, I'd say that Obama is taking advice from ISIS on how to proceed. He sure isn't listening to those who know how to defeat ISIS.

Airstrikes ineffective as ISIS surrounds Kobane, matter of time before Kurds face massacre
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/187039-u-s-airstrikes-fail-stop-isis-13000-kurds-surrounded-kobane-now-await-likely-massacre/

Anyone? If we are going to get involved, shouldn't we do it right? Otherwise, we are committing people and money without having any effect. Either get out or send enough people and resources to actually do the job.

images

Got to hand it to the Kurds. They continue to fight back despite not having what they need to match the power of ISIS. More military experts are calling for boots on the ground as ISIS advances, but Obama is still calling the shots here. So far, he is reticent to seriously go after ISIS. The Kurds have so far managed to keep ISIS from taking them over, but they need help and fast. Turkey has given permission for the U.S. to use it's bases. Will Obama take them up on it or will we just continue the airstrikes, which have yet to slow ISIS? If I didn't know better, I'd say that Obama is taking advice from ISIS on how to proceed. He sure isn't listening to those who know how to defeat ISIS.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/187039-u-s-airstrikes-fail-stop-isis-13000-kurds-surrounded-kobane-now-await-likely-massacre/

Turkey isn't about to do anything that helps the Kurds......end of story.

Actually Turkey has denied that story they won't allow the U.S. to do anything in Turkey until ISIS crosses their border. The truth is ISIS is well on it's way to becoming the dominant power in the region and the West seems good with that if the U.S. and Europe is not going to take any serious action against ISIS then cut out the pretense and end these half ass airstrikes.

Well hopefully in 2016 we can cut taxes and massively increase our debt by electing a republican president and invading every country in the middle east!

Because 'MURICA!

Well hopefully in 2016 we can cut taxes and massively increase our debt by electing a republican president and invading every country in the middle east!

Because 'MURICA!

ISIS assholes are the ones invading countries and slaughtering the non-Muslim people. We are doing airstrikes that are completely ineffective. Obama's idea! If he wants to help stop ISIS, then he could listen to the experts and actually stop ISIS. As it is, we are not doing anything that is helping, so why bother?

If we are going to get involved, why not do it smarter? Obama is doing this in a manner that he can claim he is helping, yet still pander to the radical Muslims by not getting in their way as they continue their reign of terror.

Either help the people fight off the radical Muslims or sit back and watch as ISIS takes over the Middle East. Maybe you would prefer watching all those infidel men, women and children get slaughtered. At least be honest instead of having a tantrum because people are noticing that Obama is complete failure at this.

In war there is no substitute for victory." - Douglas MacArthur
If the goal as President Obama describes it is to degrade and destroy ISIS then use the force necessary to accomplish that goal otherwise what is the point of attacking at all?

Because 'MURICA!

ISIS assholes are the ones invading countries and slaughtering the non-Muslim people. We are doing airstrikes that are completely ineffective. Obama's idea! If he wants to help stop ISIS, then he could listen to the experts and actually stop ISIS. As it is, we are not doing anything that is helping, so why bother?

If we are going to get involved, why not do it smarter? Obama is doing this in a manner that he can claim he is helping, yet still pander to the radical Muslims by not getting in their way as they continue their reign of terror.

Either help the people fight off the radical Muslims or sit back and watch as ISIS takes over the Middle East. Maybe you would prefer watching all those infidel men, women and children get slaughtered. At least be honest instead of having a tantrum because people are noticing that Obama is complete failure at this.

What should our goal be in the middle east and how many soldiers are you willing to sacrifice to reach that goal?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/187039-u-s-airstrikes-fail-stop-isis-13000-kurds-surrounded-kobane-now-await-likely-massacre/[/QUOTE

Turkey is a Nato Member, first they refuse us suing their air strips for our fighter Jets, now they dont have a problem sitting back to watch a massacre. They didnt have a problem massacaring 100s of thousands of Christian Armenians in the past, so whats a few Kurds to them? was a mistake to allow them as a Nato member, they should get revoked.

I've heard some reports that most of the women and children had evacuated, I hope thats really true.

Because 'MURICA!

What should our goal be in the middle east and how many soldiers are you willing to sacrifice to reach that goal?

Your right, we should not get involved in evry conflict. but every conflict does NOT consist of Mass rapes and crucifictions , beheading etc. of children as well. IF these attrocities are substansiated. Then by all means we should hit ISIS so hard that they never do that again.

You have a problem with that? There was a time after The holocaust the world said NEVER AGAIN....... but I guess that was just a lie.

Your right, we should not get involved in evry conflict. but every conflict does NOT consist of Mass rapes and crucifictions , beheading etc. of children as well. IF these attrocities are substansiated. Then by all means we should hit ISIS so hard that they never do that again.

You have a problem with that? There was a time after The holocaust the world said NEVER AGAIN....... but I guess that was just a lie.

What if both sides are committing mass rapes and crucifixions? What is Sunni vs. Shi'ite really? They each just have slightly different reasons for justifying raping and crucifying each other. :cool:

Anyone? If we are going to get involved, shouldn't we do it right? Otherwise, we are committing people and money without having any effect. Either get out or send enough people and resources to actually do the job.

Although I feel terribly for those people, I would rather that we not get involved. I'm all about self-preservation these days.

according to RW's this country is dead broke and on the verge of demise yet RW's are willing to endure whatever expense is necessary (including soldiers lives) to "do it right" and put boots BACK on the ground in the mid east

according to RW's our government isn't capable of caring for our own people (with ACA) yet they expect and demand our government to care of a third world country or two or three .. ACA is too expensive too?

RW's do it right and talk out of their asses ..

Forum List

Back