🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Al Gore Calls For Single-Payer Health Care

NEW YORK ― Al Gore called for single-payer health care on Tuesday, one day after a revolt by GOP senators dashed Republican hopes of passing a bill to repeal Obamacare.

Speaking at an event to promote his new climate change documentary, the former vice president said health insurance companies have failed to offer cost-effective coverage, even under the Affordable Care Act. A government-run, single-payer system would provide taxpayer-funded basic health care coverage for everyone.

“The private sector has not shown any ability to provide good, affordable health care for all,” Gore told a packed auditorium at Borough of Manhattan Community College. “I believe we ought to have single-payer health care.”

More: Al Gore Calls For Single-Payer Health Care

I agree, Al. Thanks for your support.
Is everyone getting healthcare going to pay taxes?

No. Babies don't pay many taxes, nor do those on the other end of life. Grow up.
Way to seriously misrepresent what she was asking. But you go ahead and be an asshole. It suits you.

Every working age adult in America will have to pay taxes if they want single-payer. Do you agree?

NEW YORK ― Al Gore called for single-payer health care on Tuesday, one day after a revolt by GOP senators dashed Republican hopes of passing a bill to repeal Obamacare.

Speaking at an event to promote his new climate change documentary, the former vice president said health insurance companies have failed to offer cost-effective coverage, even under the Affordable Care Act. A government-run, single-payer system would provide taxpayer-funded basic health care coverage for everyone.

“The private sector has not shown any ability to provide good, affordable health care for all,” Gore told a packed auditorium at Borough of Manhattan Community College. “I believe we ought to have single-payer health care.”

No. Babies don't pay many taxes, nor do those on the other end of life. Grow up.
Way to seriously misrepresent what she was asking. But you go ahead and be an asshole. It suits you.

Every working age adult in America will have to pay taxes if they want single-payer. Do you agree?

Did you think it would be other, if they make a living wage? Money doesn't grow on trees.

Did you think it would be other, if they make a living wage? Money doesn't grow on trees.
You want everyone to have healthcare in a single payer, every adult of working age not retired will pay taxes to support it.

"Every working age adult in America will have to pay taxes if they want single-payer. Do you agree?"

My guess would be a consumption tax on just about everything except maybe food. I think that's how most Single Payer systems are funded.

You want everyone to have healthcare in a single payer, every adult of working age not retired will pay taxes to support it.

Pretty much. It will be worth it.

GREAT! How do we pay for it? Cali tried to do it and figured out the cost would be more than twice the States annual budget. So, how do we afford it? And don't say "tax the billionaires, because we could take everything they had and it would only pay the california bill for a year. What then?

Pretty much. It will be worth it.
Good, everyone pays the exact same amount of tax to cover it.

Additionally, the government has no say in the treatment a doctor prescribes, or the drugs necessary to treat the illness or post op whatever. A doctor says you need this, you do that, and the only role of government is they cut a check. No government input at all.

"Every working age adult in America will have to pay taxes if they want single-payer. Do you agree?"

My guess would be a consumption tax on just about everything except maybe food. I think that's how most Single Payer systems are funded.

Income taxes. One must have an income.
No, they pay the tax. If the cost per person for single payer is 12,000 per year, then income or no, every adult of working age pays 12,000 dollars.

Forum List

Back