Alabama university pauses IVF care after frozen embryos deemed ‘children’

It was a decision to stop made by the clinic itself.
Alabama did nothing to stop the process.
Because of the decision. They literally said that. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...-of-ruling-saying-frozen-embryos-are-children
The process is still legal in every state and it is the clinics that are overreacting because they are afraid of litigation and being held responsible if the fertilized embryo gets destroyed.
Yes, exactly. They just killed care for childless couples in any state that does this.

Because of the decision. They literally said that. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...-of-ruling-saying-frozen-embryos-are-children

Yes, exactly. They just killed care for childless couples in any state that does this.
The courts have only ruled on the status of the embryos.
There is no ban. The clinic is the one making that decision to stop.

I am not arguing the right or wrong of the courts decision, but correcting those who mistakenly believe the state somehow has banned the practice.

It is still legal, but may be more expensive.

We all know couples who have gone through IVF. Its a tortuous and sometimes heartbreaking process.

And now the Alabama remedials have made it even harder for people to have children. these lawmakers are people who suck grass for comfort.

This insanity has gone too far.

Shameful.

^^^"Argle-bargle-rarrrr!" says the frustrated baby-killer!

We all know couples who have gone through IVF. Its a tortuous and sometimes heartbreaking process.

And now the Alabama remedials have made it even harder for people to have children. these lawmakers are people who suck grass for comfort.

Shameful.
Hopefully it will create enough pressure for the legislature to clarify in the statute when it might apply and when it might not.

Hopefully it will create enough pressure for the legislature to clarify in the statute when it might apply and when it might not.
If they arent careful they will price the process out of the reach of all couples. I dont think they have thought this through.
Will staff get jailed for dropping a test tube ?

If they arent careful they will price the process out of the reach of all couples. I dont think they have thought this through.
Will staff get jailed for dropping a test tube ?
This is one of those bad facts made bad laws situations. I know one couple who received donated embryos to have children and a few people who have donated their extras once they decided they couldn't afford or desired to have additional children.

Why do States Rights always end up restricting individual rights?

Because the people of that state voted for their lawmakers. That's how it works. Your rights end where another's rights begin. An embryo is the beginning of life, and that's how lawmakers WHO WERE VOTED IN BY THEIR CONSTITUENTS, decided it would be. If you have a problem with it, considering you don't even live in the state, I've got a shoulder you can cry on.

Because the people of that state voted for their lawmakers. That's how it works. Your rights end where another's rights begin. An embryo is the beginning of life, and that's how lawmakers WHO WERE VOTED IN BY THEIR CONSTITUENTS, decided it would be. If you have a problem with it, considering you don't even live in the state, I've got a shoulder you can cry on.
What about the families denied a baby ?

WOW now going to end in vitro fertilizations.
Frozen embryos are people too! ALABAMA says.
Need help cant get pregnant, well sorry.

Shameful.

MAGA MANIA has now sunk to levels never before dreamed of.

This country is on a road to Taliban rule.

It's fuckin sick.

What about the families denied a baby ?

This does not bother me too much.
Most times this is used for people who did not want to grow up and bypassed their most fertile years. Plus, there is always adoption. Lot's of kids need a good home, to get out of the MAGA trailer parks.

This does not bother me too much.
Most times this is used for people who did not want to grow up and bypassed their most fertile years. Plus, there is always adoption. Lot's of kids need a good home, to get out of the MAGA trailer parks.
No. Some people have difficulty conceiving. That isnt Gods will.

The problem is that other Red States will jump on the bandwagon
GD it. Miss and Ga are not gonna jump. Lol

Seriously, years ago I told my daughter just don't bring home a boy from Ala. LOL I didn't really mean it. I mean there must be some sensible people there. Wright Thompson and John T. Edge did a show on Birmingham for True South on the SEC channel, and they're reasonably normal. Several people from my church have moved there for jobs.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for supper.

For some reason, “States Rights” are never used to give additional rights to the people only to deny rights to people.

In this case, deny infertile couples the right to use in vitro fertilization.
The rights of a fertilized egg outweigh the rights of an infertile couple to have a child

Last edited:
It's unfortunate Ala's got that woman governor who only got into politics when her husband divorced her in Calif, and she moved back to Ala needing a job. She signed onto a law allowing home delivery of alcohol. A more experienced leader could have foretold idiocy like this would result. lol

Forum List

Back