alan grayson threatens lawsuit on citizenship grounds if ted cruz is the gop nominee

no one disputes he is a citizen,,.....just that he is a citizen eligible to be president.

Im not going to look at all these, my suspicion is that they are all of a quality of the Indiana decision you referenced.

Well, the left has done such a lovely job of muddying the water and confusing people on the subject, that it's going to take some time to clarify the law . . . as usual.

Again, this is really not at all complicated.

Natural born citizen

One may also be a "natural born Citizen" if, despite a birth on foreign soil, U.S. citizenship immediately passes from the person's parents.

So how does one's citizenship immediately pass from one's parents, you ask? Also already codified into law, by Congress, pursuant to Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 of the U.S. Constitution, in which Congress is given the power to enact laws regarding citizenship and naturalization:

8 U.S.C. § 1401 : US Code - Section 1401: Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years.

This is not complicated. Ted Cruz has been a citizen of the United States since his birth. He has never needed to be naturalized as a citizen, because he's been one from the beginning, hence a "natural born citizen".

It's only complicated if you try to make it complicated for some reason.

LOL- what I find amusing about your post is that idiots proclaiming that natural born citizens must have two American citizens as parents have been virtually all Conservatives.

Grayson is a notable exception.

Birtherism has been a den of Conservatives since 2009- nary a Liberal in site- the few liberals in 2008 quickly disappeared.

When did I ever say that natural-born citizens have to have two citizen parents?
Sadly, your reading comprehension issues persist. :(

So basically, I've never said it, and the law doesn't say it, but you want to take on a vague, supercilious tone and pretend otherwise.
No, you demented bitch. No one accused you of saying that. That's why your reading comprehension is at a pre-K level.

From the HARVARD LAW REVIEW on ELIGIBILITY

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone (such as Juan McCain) — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

Cruz, Rubio and Obama are all eligible according to the Constitution.

Only idiot Birthers are claiming otherwise.

no one disputes he is a citizen,,.....just that he is a citizen eligible to be president.

Im not going to look at all these, my suspicion is that they are all of a quality of the Indiana decision you referenced.

Well, the left has done such a lovely job of muddying the water and confusing people on the subject, that it's going to take some time to clarify the law . . . as usual.

Again, this is really not at all complicated.

Natural born citizen

One may also be a "natural born Citizen" if, despite a birth on foreign soil, U.S. citizenship immediately passes from the person's parents.

So how does one's citizenship immediately pass from one's parents, you ask? Also already codified into law, by Congress, pursuant to Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 of the U.S. Constitution, in which Congress is given the power to enact laws regarding citizenship and naturalization:

8 U.S.C. § 1401 : US Code - Section 1401: Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years.

This is not complicated. Ted Cruz has been a citizen of the United States since his birth. He has never needed to be naturalized as a citizen, because he's been one from the beginning, hence a "natural born citizen".

It's only complicated if you try to make it complicated for some reason.

LOL- what I find amusing about your post is that idiots proclaiming that natural born citizens must have two American citizens as parents have been virtually all Conservatives.

Grayson is a notable exception.

Birtherism has been a den of Conservatives since 2009- nary a Liberal in site- the few liberals in 2008 quickly disappeared.

When did I ever say that natural-born citizens have to have two citizen parents?

When did i say you did?

There are various strains of Birtherism- but other than Grayson- virtually everyone who is claiming that Obama or Cruz or Rubio is not a natural born citizen- is a Conservative minion of WND.

Like Stevie the racist, like Keys the Delusional.

I didn't say you did, you five-second-memory retard. I was originally addressing DCraelin, who DID bring it up. No one told you to jump in and answer the question.

Try to fucking keep up, dipshit.

I love it when the fragile ego's of Conservatives get their panties in a wad

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone (such as Juan McCain) — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

So what? The only ones agreeing with Grayson that Cruz is ineligible are Conservatives.

Wrong OCDPawned, they are RINO ELITISTS...and the FAR LEFT POND SCUM that believe as that woman beater, Grayson does!
Sadly, you are too fucking demented.

Here's an example of a brain-dead conservative you're idiotically calling a Republican: Where_r_my_Keys

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I never called keys anything, but your LOW 2 digit IQ and mental retardation thinks what it wants to!:ahole-1:

So what? The only ones agreeing with Grayson that Cruz is ineligible are Conservatives.

Wrong OCDPawned, they are RINO ELITISTS...and the FAR LEFT POND SCUM that believe as that woman beater, Grayson does!

Here's an example of a brain-dead conservative you're idiotically calling a Republican: Where_r_my_Keys

I never called keys anything, but your LOW 2 digit IQ and mental retardation thinks what it wants to!:ahole-1:
You demented bitch, you said those who agree with Grayson that Cruz is ineligible are RINO's. That would include @where_are_my_keys. So yes, even though you're too stupid to realize it, you said he is a Republican. :cuckoo:

Lying asswipes such as yourself hate video. It shows how disgusting your kind is.

Video SHOT and EDITED by a GRAYSON STAFFER!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

And you scum complain about editied Planned Parenthood video's!

Even his 18 year old daughter tells the truth. You never bother.

:alirulz:

You demented bitch, you said those who agree with Grayson that Cruz is ineligible are RINO's. That would include @where_are_my_keys. So yes, even though you're too stupid to realize it, you said he is a Republican. :cuckoo:

Fucktard, I don't speak for anyone but myself, BUT it seems Grayson, is an asshole for NOT KNOWING Cruz is eligible! Grayson is a congressman, Keys, is just another poster...showing how BRIGHT you are, Pond scum! :321:

Lying asswipes such as yourself hate video. It shows how disgusting your kind is.

Video SHOT and EDITED by a GRAYSON STAFFER!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

And you scum complain about editied Planned Parenthood video's!

Even his 18 year old daughter tells the truth. You never bother.

^^^^HUGE IRONY!^^^^^

WND- the Right Wing Propaganda rag says otherwise.

Is Ted Cruz eligible for presidency?

Is he eligible?

I don’t know for sure, but I suspect not – at least not by my understanding of what the founders had in mind when they ratified the Constitution.

Other than Grayson- virtually everyone who questions Cruz's eligiblity is a Conservative.

Fucktard, I don't speak for anyone but myself, BUT it seems Grayson, is an asshole for NOT KNOWING Cruz is eligible! Grayson is a congressman, Keys, is just another poster...showing how BRIGHT you are, Pond scum! :321:

Grayson is an idiot for thinking Cruz is not eligible.
And you are an idiot for thinking Obama is not eligible- just like Trump is.

Well I would agree with you that Trump is a Rino Elitist

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump – who's recently made moves toward a 2016 White House run – reacted swiftly to Sen. Ted Cruz's announced presidential campaign, contending the fiery Texan still has a substantial obstacle to overcome: his birthplace.

"Well, he's got, you know, a hurdle that nobody else seems to have at this moment," Trump said in an interview with MyFoxNY, referring to Cruz's Canadian place of

Is he eligible?

I don’t know for sure, but I suspect not – at least not by my understanding of what the founders had in mind when they ratified the Constitution.

Other than Grayson- virtually everyone who questions Cruz's eligibility is a Conservative.
What would you expect from OTHER presidential candidates that are losing big time to Cruz....haven't you figured it out yet?

His BIRTH CERTIFICATE is still a problem, but no one wants to investigate!

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump – who's recently made moves toward a 2016 White House run – reacted swiftly to Sen. Ted Cruz's announced presidential campaign, contending the fiery Texan still has a substantial obstacle to overcome: his birthplace.

"Well, he's got, you know, a hurdle that nobody else seems to have at this moment," Trump said in an interview with MyFoxNY, referring to Cruz's Canadian place of

Opinions CHANGE, Never change your mind?

You're too stupid to understand what you say, vagisil.

Here are YOUR words again in response to me pointing out the folks agreeing with Grayson that Cruz is ineligible....

"Wrong OCDPawned, they are RINO ELITISTS...and the FAR LEFT POND SCUM that believe as that woman beater, Grayson does!

... and again, Where_r_my_Keys believes Cruz is ineligible as Grayson believes.

Even though you are too brain-dead to comprehend this -- you called Where_r_my_Keys a RINO.

And as if you weren't dumb enough to begin with by making that idiotic claim, you turn out to be even dumber by not understanding what you said.

You're dumb AND dumber, all rolled into one. :lmao:

His BIRTH CERTIFICATE is still a problem, but no one wants to investigate!
Only to brain-dead birfers.

Here are YOUR words again in response to me pointing out the folks agreeing with Grayson that Cruz is ineligible....

"Wrong OCDPawned, they are RINO ELITISTS...and the FAR LEFT POND SCUM that believe as that woman beater, Grayson does!

... and again, @where_are_my_keys believes Cruz is ineligible as Grayson believes.

Even though you are too brain-dead to comprehend this -- you called Where_r_my_Keys a RINO.

And as if you weren't dumb enough to begin with by making that idiotic claim, you turn out to be even dumber by not understanding what you said.

How's this OCDPAWNED, Keys is a RINO.... Now what do you say? :321:

Of course I didn't read anything that Keys wrote, but put out that Harvard statement AGAIN!

Opinions CHANGE, Never change your mind?

So you now think Trump is an idiot also?

I have never actually seen you change your mind- no matter how stupid your position.

Is he eligible?

Other than Grayson- virtually everyone who questions Cruz's eligibility is a Conservative.
What would you expect from OTHER presidential candidates that are losing big time to Cruz....haven't you figured it out yet?

Trump is the only Republican Candidate who has said that Cruz is ineligible.

LOL- Trump is an asshole and an idiot Birther.

... and again, @where_are_my_keys believes Cruz is ineligible as Grayson believes.

How's this OCDPAWNED, Keys is a RINO.... Now what do you say? :321:

Of course I didn't read anything that Keys wrote, but put out that Harvard statement AGAIN!

That Keys sounds just like Trump.

Forum List

Back