Alec Baldwin Rust trial to begin this week

Would you take the chance of putting those in a gun, pointing it at an innocent woman, and pulling the trigger?
If I was an actor, and a trained, licensed and certified prop master loaded the gun for the scene , then YES.

No different than I would get on an airplane that was maintained by FAA certified mechanics, without inspecting the plane for myself.

Real or fake?
Let me see the primer end and the other side of the case and I will tell you. IF he had checked the cylinder and loads and still couldn't tell he shouldn't have fired. Hollywood crap notwithstanding he didn't exercise reasonable care. He assumed too much, like you're assuming.

i saw a few hand grenades in that movie and never noticed they were marked as props.

does the blue handle indicate gas or armor piercing or something?
The military uses blue to indicate inert or practice munitions. Whether hand grenades or artillery shells.

If I was an actor, and a trained, licensed and certified prop master loaded the gun for the scene , then YES.

No different than I would get on an airplane that was maintained by FAA certified mechanics, without inspecting the plane for myself.
if i was a marine. if a trained certified mos armorer warrant officer handed me a gun i would check the chamber and magazine and check the safety.

Let me see the primer end and the other side of the case and I will tell you. IF he had checked the cylinder and loads and still couldn't tell he shouldn't have fired. Hollywood crap notwithstanding he didn't exercise reasonable care. He assumed too much, like you're assuming.
What about when Chuck Norris pulled the pin on a hand grenade?
If he couldn't tell, should he have refused to do the scene.
That would have made for a very short movie career.

Should Sylvester Stallone have refused to shoot the explosive arrow in Rambo?

In your world actors would be pointing their fingers at each other and going "Bang, Bang, you're dead !!!"

if i was a marine. if a trained certified mos armorer warrant officer handed me a gun i would check the chamber and magazine and check the safety.
Would you verify the head spacing? Or do you leave the important stuff to somebody else?

Then you're just as careless and stupid as Alec Baldwin, and you too would deserve to be in jail.

You two could be cellies, and jerk off to Trump pictures together. :badgrin:

Then you're just as careless and stupid as Alec Baldwin, and you too would deserve to be in jail.

You two could be cellies, and jerk off to Trump pictures together. :badgrin:

Then I take it, you inspect the commercial airliner, before you get on the plane?

You are getting worked up on hypotheticals without thinking it through If you were the driver of a vehicle and someone told you the train isn't coming and you drove on to the tracks anyway, you might be technically at fault, but the responsibility would be shared, just like with Mr. Baldwin. He didn't exercise due diligence, you can't waive responsibility.

If I'm the pilot, absolutely.

You wouldn't.
I'm talking as a passenger.

Just like Alec Baldwin was just a passenger on the movie set. You had a prop master, who like the pilot, was the one trained and certified and responsible, to do the inspection.

You are getting worked up on hypotheticals without thinking it through If you were the driver of a vehicle and someone told you the train isn't coming and you drove on to the tracks anyway, you might be technically at fault, but the responsibility would be shared, just like with Mr. Baldwin. He didn't exercise due diligence, you can't waive responsibility.
John Lithgow was handed an atomic bomb in the movie The Manhattan Project.

Slim Pickens rode a hydrogen bomb in Dr. Strangeove

Forum List

Back