Almost wrecked 3 times today and that was not even the bad news.

I went without power and water for 6 days this year, ever hear of Irma?

Yes you should get their water on, partial power may be enough, idk.
Were you well prepared?

Yes.

As for towing a trailer and it going sideways, dumbass, (OP) all you had to do was slow down. True story.

All you had to do was get off that cell phone and watch your speed, seriously.
35 in a 70 is slow idiot. Black ice and high winds don't give a dam how slow you go.

Try not being a prick. You might enjoy it. Most of all others will definitely enjoy it.

No brakes on your trailer, or do you just not know how to use them?
It doesn't have brakes.

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

As for towing a trailer and it going sideways, dumbass, (OP) all you had to do was slow down. True story.

35 in a 70 is slow idiot. Black ice and high winds don't give a dam how slow you go.

Try not being a prick. You might enjoy it. Most of all others will definitely enjoy it.

It doesn't have brakes.

Maybe you shouldn't have taken the interstate in foul conditions. :rolleyes-41:

There also are these things called "snow chains" yannow?

Tbh, it sounds like a whole lotta derp on your part to me.

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

It doesn't have brakes.

Get some dumb ass. Otherwise, you'll slide all over the road on Ice with a high wind.

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

It doesn't have brakes.

Get some dumb ass. Otherwise, you'll slide all over the road on Ice with a high wind.
Bought the trailer new in 2001. This is the first time it's ever been an issue. A once in a decade circumstance that I likely won't encounter again. Especially now that the highway department is building all new bridges with deicing systems built into them.
They finished all the bridges around me this past fall. I think they're starting North KC this spring.

Glad you are ok. Man I don't miss those driving conditions. I remember a few times in Maryland ice storms hitting the brakes and sliding into intersections and just bracing for the wreck. No clue on your situation, really horrible.
It was the winds that fucked me up. High winds with a 12 foot long, 8 foot high trailer is a bitch in dry conditions.
Yep, you are driving a sail boat on the snow. A lot of 18 wheeler crashes in the Southwest are high winds blowing the trucks over.

Lay off da booze.
What the hell are you talking about?

Fucking idiot

I'd prepare myself to put that job on hold indefinitely.

"Fucking idiot asshole"
That is not an option. The water and part of the electrical has been shut down and old connections removed.
So in their worst time you would just leave them on partial power and water with walls & fixtures removed...

And I'm the idiot?

Just ask the woman how she wants you to proceed, and mention the deposit. She obviously expects you to continue. You can do it in a tactful way. I'm sure she is mature enough to realize that life continues.

Yeah, it seems to me if she's going to be gone now is the time to do the work. The lady's got enough upheaval in her life without having construction drag out with uncertainty.

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

It doesn't have brakes.

Oh fer chrissake SHUT THE FUCK UP you flaming moron.

Yes.

It doesn't have brakes.

Coming from a moron that couldn't back a trailer in if his life depended on it. :rolleyes-41:

It doesn't have brakes.

Coming from a moron that couldn't back a trailer in if his life depended on it. :rolleyes-41:

Fuck you; I've driven trailers across at least ten states and three time zones but that's not the point. The actual point is you're being a fucking dick.

Towing a jobs trailer to our next remodel and every time I went over a bridge the trailer slid sideways from the tiny bit of snow we got.
Was 2 hours late getting there and told the customer how treacherous the drive was. 2 hours later she got a call that her niece died in a car accident on the same highway.
At this point I feel really awkward and am a loss for the proper protocol on moving forward. I normally don't take a deposit until after the first full days work but now i would feel terrible asking for it. She texted tonight with the codes to her house as she's going to be gone awhile.

OMG....that's awful...I don't know know that there is a protocol :( Glad you did not wreck.

It's crappy where I am....but I stayed home.
My theory is keep a few days supply of food and water in the house, wood for the fireplace or stove, battery operated small appliances/radio, candles, etc. In case of inclement weather. During the famous Columbus Day storm back in 1962, we were several days w/o electricity. We had a wood stove in the basement and my mom cooked on that for a week. If you are just snowed in or have had a big storm, you can stay warm, dry and cozy inside with the right supplies and a wood stove or fireplace. Way back then we had a coal furnace, so we weren't cold.
I was in Tacoma during Columbus Day storm, 1962. No power for 10 days. I lived 11 miles from Ft.Lewis and had to walk to work next day because roads were full of trees. My wife, 2 year old son and I spent the night in the bath tub.

Forum List

Back