🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alternative Social Media Choices

Which non-traditional Social Media platforms do you use or frequent or have an account?

• Rumble

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Parler

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • TruthSocial

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Minds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getter

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Gab

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other (Please tell in comments if you're willing)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

woodwork201

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2021
I found a recent similar thread but it didn't really ask the question I have and I wanted the poll, as well so I'll start this new thread.

I have Parler and Rumble accounts. I am not at all a big social media person; I've never posted on either of those before.

I had a Twitter account in the past (probably still there) but have never tweeted a thing and the only person on my friends was my boss. Now I haven't even logged in to Twitter in many years, probably more than 7. I looked at "minds" and "gettr" today but wasted too much time reading articles that did nothing to improve my mind.

So I don't really need a Twitter replacement, or a Facebook replacement. I don't have or use Spotify; I am old school and buy a lot of vinyl and CDs. I rip either to the PC - my replacement practice for "ripping" them to cassette or VHS HD back in the day.

Still, I'm interested in what other platforms folks here use.

I'm on Gab, Parler, SoliKick, and one other, the name of which escapes me right now.

But I rarely check in on them.

As much as I have come to despise Faggotbook, all my friends are there and few have heeded my call to sign up on any other social media sites and find me there.

So Parler seems to be more Twitter-like; Rumble more youtube-like. What's more facebook-like? Maybe it's time to wake up MySpace.

I found a recent similar thread but it didn't really ask the question I have and I wanted the poll, as well so I'll start this new thread.

I have Parler and Rumble accounts. I am not at all a big social media person; I've never posted on either of those before.

I had a Twitter account in the past (probably still there) but have never tweeted a thing and the only person on my friends was my boss. Now I haven't even logged in to Twitter in many years, probably more than 7. I looked at "minds" and "gettr" today but wasted too much time reading articles that did nothing to improve my mind.

So I don't really need a Twitter replacement, or a Facebook replacement. I don't have or use Spotify; I am old school and buy a lot of vinyl and CDs. I rip either to the PC - my replacement practice for "ripping" them to cassette or VHS HD back in the day.

Wow how did you forget bitchute

As much as I have come to despise Faggotbook, all my friends are there and few have heeded my call to sign up on any other social media sites and find me there.

Guess that means TWO things:
  1. They are OK with censorship and the cancel culture so long as it just happens to "them other" people.
  2. You are a bigger friend to those people than they are to you.

Wow how did you forget bitchute
Good question. They didn't show up in my search results on DuckDuckGo for alternatives - at least not high enough that I caught it. I think I have an account there, too but I tried to recover it just now and was not successful.

Guess that means TWO things:
  1. They are OK with censorship and the cancel culture so long as it just happens to "them other" people.
  2. You are a bigger friend to those people than they are to you.
I don't know why any conservative would have a Facebook or Youtube account. One cannot trade with the enemy and claim to fight for free speech.

None. I do mostly blogs when I want to post long detailed footnoted essays, and a couple of select forums that don't allow troll spam from either DU or FreeRepublic and their clones to fuck up discussions. As we can see from the tumbleweeds blowing around in the serious 'debate' sub-forums here, there isn't any demand for real discussions here either.

I have never heard of any of the given choices.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Do you use Facebook and/or Twitter? The main reason I started this thread is I am trying to figure out if I should join and participate in any of these other choices just in support of free speech.

I would like to see alternatives succeed but I am trying to gauge the market so if I do participate I do it where it does the most good and enables the most likely platforms to succeed long term.

I did more reading on one platform that seemed to offer hope: minds.com. Various sites, including reclaimthenet.org, list minds.com in their alternative sites, claiming it is more aligned with free speech. Even so, minds.cm's moderation policies don't sound terribly different from the big sites.

Content Policy​

The goal of Minds is to have fair, transparent and ethical moderation practices.​
To ensure that decisions are made as democratically as possible, we developed a Jury System based on the Santa Clara Principles to review appeals. A Jury consists of 12 randomly selected unique active Minds users who are not subscribed to the user under review. Each juror selected is provided with the option to participate, pass or opt-out of the Jury pool entirely. If 75% or more of the Jury members vote to accept the appeal of a strike, the administrative action is overturned.​
If less than 75% of the Jury members vote accept the appeal, the administrative action is upheld. The decision of the Jury will be final. For more information about the jury system, read our blog.​

They may have a "community" that supports free speech today, just like Facebook did years ago, but if their community decides it doesn't want to hear from some group, right or left, it sounds like their policy is still mob rule, rather than free speech.

They may have a "community" that supports free speech today, just like Facebook did years ago, but if their community decides it doesn't want to hear from some group, right or left, it sounds like their policy is still mob rule, rather than free speech.

Yes, that '75%' number is indeed a concern; they usual standard is two thirds for most other similar purposes. And, who appoints the judges and how truly 'random' are the selections? Don't see a way that can be verified, but then I didn't look very deep, so I could be wrong.

Do you use Facebook and/or Twitter? The main reason I started this thread is I am trying to figure out if I should join and participate in any of these other choices just in support of free speech.

I would like to see alternatives succeed but I am trying to gauge the market so if I do participate I do it where it does the most good and enables the most likely platforms to succeed long term.
I am at Face Book and Twitter both as well as Instagram and You Tube, but I've never heard of and of the listed places.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yes, that '75%' number is indeed a concern; they usual standard is two thirds for most other similar purposes. And, who appoints the judges and how truly 'random' are the selections? Don't see a way that can be verified, but then I didn't look very deep, so I could be wrong.
So if 25 per cent think you're guilty, then you're guilty. That's definitely not an open, free-speech, environment.

I thought you were all waiting for Trump book to start.

I'm not doing any of that shit. Social Media is for 3 different types of people.

Lonely introverts
Egotistical assholes
Business owners

Get real friends and call or visit them.

Forum List

Back