Amanda Knox Convicted..

Italian court convicts Amanda Knox - Europe- msnbc.com

I am sure that all of you have heard, if not then this thread will inform you.. Amanda Knox was convicted.. I personally don't know much about the case, other than to say that I don't feel there was enough credible evidence to warrant a conviction..

Should our country interfere and petition for her release?

Was this a product of antiamericanism?

Did the Italian media destroy her chances of a fair trial and should be released on those grounds?

I am curous about everyone's thoughts on this issue??

She is a good looking white female....of course we should petition!

Antiamericanism is being offered as an excuse to nullify the verdict? Wtf is going on paranoid americans?

I'd make the point that we probably aren't get an accurate picture from the media. The narrative in the American press from beginning has seemed to be "innocent girl gets railroaded by foreign devils".

exactly my point. the American press have made her innocent from day and made the Italian court seems like satan. The American media never explored the idea that knox might actually be guilty of the crime it was always oh this poor all-american girl has been locked up by those evil Europeans.

For all I know, she could very well be innocent. I just find the reporting on this story to be horrible.

See, American Justice is based on the Naive notion that a person is innocent until proven guilty..That is such juvenile rubbish!!

A person is Guilty of something, and the European system is designed to flush out what that person is guilty of.

Think-- Why was Amanda Knox even considered? Is it possible that she is hiding some crime that a little Medieval torture can reveal? A little waterboarding perhaps, since most Americans do not think waterboarding is torture? Should the Italians use this form of interrorgation, hmmm??

Amanda Knox is no saint, living with a male friend in Romantic Italy is not the behavior of a NUN, mind you. Thus we already know that she has rendevous of the illicit kind.(Unless she is gay, then by way of Moral logic granted to us by the mother Church, Amanda Knox is then a deviant!!) Could it then be possible that she has rendevous of a fatal type?

Under these surmises, Amanda Knox is therefore Guilty until she proves her innocence!!

What? She cannot prove it beyond a measure of a doubt ? 26 years no parole!! We have our killer, Good day to you.

I'd make the point that we probably aren't get an accurate picture from the media. The narrative in the American press from beginning has seemed to be "innocent girl gets railroaded by foreign devils".

I was watching Larry King earlier this morning and most of his guests were saying exactly that. There was one CNN reporter who tried to be more reasonable. I just can't get on the Amanda bandwagon based on what we've heard so far.

This appeal will be interesting and will also cost her parents plenty. I wonder if they've questioned her guilt yet. There goes their retirement money I'm sure.

See, American Justice is based on the Naive notion that a person is innocent until proven guilty..That is such juvenile rubbish!!

A person is Guilty of something, and the European system is designed to flush out what that person is guilty of.

Think-- Why was Amanda Knox even considered? Is it possible that she is hiding some crime that a little Medieval torture can reveal? A little waterboarding perhaps, since most Americans do not think waterboarding is torture? Should the Italians use this form of interrorgation, hmmm??

Amanda Knox is no saint, living with a male friend in Romantic Italy is not the behavior of a NUN, mind you. Thus we already know that she has rendevous of the illicit kind.(Unless she is gay, then by way of Moral logic granted to us by the mother Church, Amanda Knox is then a deviant!!) Could it then be possible that she has rendevous of a fatal type?

Under these surmises, Amanda Knox is therefore Guilty until she proves her innocence!!

What? She cannot prove it beyond a measure of a doubt ? 26 years no parole!! We have our killer, Good day to you.

:lol::lol:

I was watching Larry King earlier this morning and most of his guests were saying exactly that. There was one CNN reporter who tried to be more reasonable. I just can't get on the Amanda bandwagon based on what we've heard so far.

This appeal will be interesting and will also cost her parents plenty. I wonder if they've questioned her guilt yet. There goes their retirement money I'm sure.

This is America. To some it matters not of the facts showing guilt or innocence. The only fact they need to know is she is a young white American chick. By definition, she is innocent. I did a google search and was not surprised:

amanda knox fundraiser - Google Search

The presumption of innocence is only necessary in an adversarial system.

I agree, not enough evidence.

My understanding is that not a trace of Knox was found at the murder scene by forensic investigators...nothing.

Except for her finger prints on the murder weapon thingy..I agree with you.

And at one point she told the police that she and her boyfriend had been watching a movie on the computer at his place--but when the police checked his community there was no evidence that it had been used during that time.

They found her prints and DNA on a kitchen knife.. To me that is a moot issue.. I am quite certian most if not all of us have a set of knives in their kitchen.. What else did you carve your turkey with?? The fact that you used them would put your prints and DNA on the handle.. That doesn't mean you killed someone.. What if the true murderer wore gloves?? They wouldn't leave any prints or DNA.. My only point is that the evidence was circumstancial.. Who in this forum wants to be convicted of murder and sentenced to 26 years cause you used your knife to carve a turkey..

My point is, from what I have read here and else where.. The prosecutions case against her was weak and circumstancial and she wouldn't have been convicted here in the U.S. Look at the Duke Lacross rape case.. Remember the broom?? We all know how that one ended..

Some people have mentioned drugs were involved?? Does anyone have something credible that says she was on drugs at the time of the murder? Did she have a history of drugs here in the U.S. or at the U.W.? I know the U.W. has pretty harsh rules about such things..

They found her prints and DNA on a kitchen knife.. To me that is a moot issue.. I am quite certian most if not all of us have a set of knives in their kitchen.. What else did you carve your turkey with?? The fact that you used them would put your prints and DNA on the handle.. That doesn't mean you killed someone.. What if the true murderer wore gloves?? They wouldn't leave any prints or DNA.. My only point is that the evidence was circumstancial.. Who in this forum wants to be convicted of murder and sentenced to 26 years cause you used your knife to carve a turkey..

My point is, from what I have read here and else where.. The prosecutions case against her was weak and circumstancial and she wouldn't have been convicted here in the U.S. Look at the Duke Lacross rape case.. Remember the broom?? We all know how that one ended..

Some people have mentioned drugs were involved?? Does anyone have something credible that says she was on drugs at the time of the murder? Did she have a history of drugs here in the U.S. or at the U.W.? I know the U.W. has pretty harsh rules about such things..

Kitchen knives are common. How common is it to write fiction about drugging and raping a young woman?

based on the evidence it sounds like she is quilty. why all the crying over her?

The evidence was solid enough for the conviction. Amanda Knox sounds as if she possesses an emotional and physical pathology quite dangerous to the public. Perhaps she can get help in prison.

Last edited:
based on the evidence it sounds like she is quilty. why all the crying over her?

Because she is not ugly. I can already see it coming....Nancy Grace will talk about this for a year.

At some point she will try to have Italy shut down. Remember the holliway thing?

Because she is not ugly. I can already see it coming....Nancy Grace will talk about this for a year.

At some point she will try to have Italy shut down. Remember the holliway thing?

It's pretty freaky she was putting out fantasy drugged/rape/murder stories only to be convicted of basically the same thing.

That is called "projecting", something a number of righties and a couple of lefties do here.

That is called "projecting", something a number of righties and a couple of lefties do here.

Observing facts now qualifies as projection? Here's a quickie on the issue:

"Psychological projection or projection bias (including Freudian Projection) is the unconscious act of denial of a person's own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to the weather, the government, a tool, or to other people. Thus, it involves imagining or projecting that others have the same feelings or motives, rather than what they really think."
Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since it is a fact she was putting out the same fiction surrounding issues regarding her conviction how do you come up with projection?

Forum List

Back