Amazing, Six Members of the Clown Car did WHAT?

Do you support institutional bigotry

• Total voters
"Six of the Republican candidates vying for the presidency have signed a pledge promising to support legislation during their first 100 days in the White House that would use the guise of “religious liberty” to give individuals and businesses the right to openly discriminate against LGBT people.

"Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum, and Mike Huckabee vowed to push for the passage of the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA), legislation that would prohibit the federal government from stopping discrimination by people or businesses that believe “marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman” or that “sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage.”

This is because for all the crying these phuckheads do about privacy and individualism, they constantly vote and endorse MORE government intrusion into our lives, not less.

They want to know who is gay and who isn't. Who is having sex and who isn't. Who wants to start a family and who doesn't. And yet the uni-browed rightwingers just can't connect the dots.

So, in your world, fining a person for not making a cake is not government intrusion but allowing a person to have religious beliefs, however contrary to yours, is government intrusion? Me thinks you have something backwards.

You tell em mister...

and I don't have to serve negroes if I don't want to. They can start their own business for their kind

We have been over this and being a black person and being gay are not the same thing. Why do you continue to down grade black people by trying to tie them into sexual proclivity?

We have been over this and the Supreme Court says it IS the same thing

So, in your world, fining a person for not making a cake is not government intrusion but allowing a person to have religious beliefs, however contrary to yours, is government intrusion? Me thinks you have something backwards.

You tell em mister...

and I don't have to serve negroes if I don't want to. They can start their own business for their kind

We have been over this and being a black person and being gay are not the same thing. Why do you continue to down grade black people by trying to tie them into sexual proclivity?

See, that's the part you bigots don't get. We're not comparing race and sexual orientation...we're comparing you bigots (and you're exactly the same).

if it is bigoted to uphold the COTUS and personal freedom then I guess I am guilty. If forcing your belief, and I mean YOURS, onto other people is not bigoted then I think we need to look up the definition. See I can say that I don't agree with the baker, but I do agree with his right to be an ahole and refuse to sanction gay marriage because of his religious belief. Much like I would support the Muslim that refuses to take a cab fare because of alcohol or a dog.

YOU on the other hand can't see both sides of ANYTHING. It is your way or the highway, which is the very definition of bigotry:

big·ot·ed
ˈbiɡədəd/
adjective
  1. having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

Public accommodation laws have been found to be Constitutional.

Oh, but you guys aren't trying to repeal PA laws are you? Nope...you want special little "we hate the gays" carve outs just for YOUR bigotry.

If this proposed law were ever to go into effect, how quickly would ya'll pitch a fit and fall into it if this happened?

Q5cSmOC.jpg

These are the same people who fear monger over Sharia Law

But that won't stop them for continually trying to push it down our throats.

No doubt. This pledge is simply throwing a little red meat to the religious right.

Quite frankly, I would love to see state and federal public accommodations laws scrapped almost entirely.

You would like businesses to be permitted to deny service to you based on the fact that you are gay?

I would like businesses to be permitted to deny service to any person and for whatever reason. If people find those business practices objectionable than they will take their duckets elsewhere. If their business fails then they have no one to blame but themselves. I wouldn't to give my money to that business anyway.

People that say things like that, don't live in a rural area I've found. See, there is no place else to take my "duckets" if the honey dipper doesn't want to pump the fag's septic tank or top the queer's tree. If the local store doesn't want to sell to the dykes...then what?

Oh, right...we're supposed to grow our own food.

This could already occur in rural areas of states that don't have protections for gay people; however, it isn't. The backlash from the public would be enormous.

To assuage the fears of people, certain services would be deemed essential and they would have to accommodate people regardless.

Why only certain services?

But that won't stop them for continually trying to push it down our throats.

No doubt. This pledge is simply throwing a little red meat to the religious right.

Quite frankly, I would love to see state and federal public accommodations laws scrapped almost entirely.

You would like businesses to be permitted to deny service to you based on the fact that you are gay?

I would like businesses to be permitted to deny service to any person and for whatever reason. If people find those business practices objectionable than they will take their duckets elsewhere. If their business fails then they have no one to blame but themselves. I wouldn't to give my money to that business anyway.

People that say things like that, don't live in a rural area I've found. See, there is no place else to take my "duckets" if the honey dipper doesn't want to pump the fag's septic tank or top the queer's tree. If the local store doesn't want to sell to the dykes...then what?

This could already occur in rural areas of states that don't have protections for gay people; however, it isn't. The backlash from the public would be enormous.

To assuage the fears of people, certain services would be deemed essential and they would have to accommodate people regardless.

Of course it's happening. And it would happen a lot more if those gays in certain rural areas weren't hiding their orientation.

So who gets to decide which services are "essential"? How come if I have a flower shop I get to be a big old bigot, but if I own a gas station, I'm not allowed? Seems a lot more equal if nobody gets to discriminate instead of just certain people getting to discriminate.

"Six of the Republican candidates vying for the presidency have signed a pledge promising to support legislation during their first 100 days in the White House that would use the guise of “religious liberty” to give individuals and businesses the right to openly discriminate against LGBT people.

"Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum, and Mike Huckabee vowed to push for the passage of the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA), legislation that would prohibit the federal government from stopping discrimination by people or businesses that believe “marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman” or that “sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage.”

This is because for all the crying these phuckheads do about privacy and individualism, they constantly vote and endorse MORE government intrusion into our lives, not less.

They want to know who is gay and who isn't. Who is having sex and who isn't. Who wants to start a family and who doesn't. And yet the uni-browed rightwingers just can't connect the dots.

You tell em mister...

Care to cite that?

Of course it's happening. And it would happen a lot more if those gays in certain rural areas weren't hiding their orientation.

So who gets to decide which services are "essential"? How come if I have a flower shop I get to be a big old bigot, but if I own a gas station, I'm not allowed? Seems a lot more equal if nobody gets to discriminate instead of just certain people getting to discriminate.

What would you think if a person refused to sell gasoline to people driving HumVees?

Services that are essential to live. Police, fire, hospitals, taxis, grocery stores, gas stations, buses, etc.

You tell em mister...

Care to cite that?

Supreme Court Declares Gays a Protected Class

Services that are essential to live. Police, fire, hospitals, taxis, grocery stores, gas stations, buses, etc.

So you want to officially make gays second class citizens

The OP is a lie.

How so? You really should be a little more specific.
Its untrue. What it reports never happened.

What part of the report is untrue? That these candidates signed a pledge?
All of it. It was made up, fabricated.

Six GOP Hopefuls Vow To Enshrine Anti-Gay Discrimination Into Law

Your turn
A blog? Fail. Provide some proof that isnt from a biased source.

This would apply for everyone not just gays.

Your turn

Here's your link: Google

Your turn

Here's your link: Google
Wrong. Next.

Your turn

Your turn

Why don't you embarass me and show where any of the six have spoken out against the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA)?

This would apply for everyone not just gays.

So it applies to blacks and jews if you don't want their kind hanging out in your store

Forum List

Back