Amazon Doesn’t Want to Pay Its Fair Share

Shameful.

Amazon is flexing its muscles making its opposition known to a proposed Seattle tax by bringing a halt to all planning on a massive project scheduled for construction in Downtown Seattle, and may tweak its plans to occupy a new downtown skyscraper.

“I can confirm that pending the outcome of the head tax vote by City Council, Amazon has paused all construction planning on our Block 18 project in downtown Seattle and is evaluating options to sub-lease all space in our recently leased Rainier Square building,” says Amazon Vice President Drew Herdener.
Boeing did the same thing to the state of WA. They get a lot of tax breaks to remain here yet still moved their headquarters to Chicago back in the early 2000s.

Boeing got a record tax break from Washington state and cut jobs anyway. Now the state wants to strike back

I love Amazon, for a lot of different reasons and their downtown campus is absolutely gorgeous but I would certainly understand if they moved a few cities over or even out of state. They've invested a lot of money in the Seattle area and provide jobs for I heard 7,000 employees.

Forum List

Back