Amazon going downhill...

SmokeALib

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Anybody else been having problems getting on-line orders through Amazon? I ordered 6 common items 6 days ago, and nothing has even shipped.
I think I will switch to overstock and Walmart for future on-line orders.

Never had a problem with Amazon orders except if the item(s) are being shipped direct from China, that takes a while. Had a couple of problems with Walmart orders but overall most items were delivered to my local store for pickup fairly quickly. The only recent shipping issue I had was with Blair, ordered a shirt and it took ten days to get here, shipped via DHL which ships to the local USPS office then from there it goes out.

Anybody else been having problems getting on-line orders through Amazon? I ordered 6 common items 6 days ago, and nothing has even shipped.

Yep. The 2 day prime shipping is a joke. Things arrive way late. I've also received items that have been incredibly poorly packaged and arrived damaged. Due to this, I've reduced my purchases on Amazon to a few subscription items for convenience. mr. boe does our shopping, so we're buying more locally again.

FYI, I ordered a shower curtain, deodorizer, a screen saver, mouthwash, and a shower rod. I ordered these items on the 9th. It is the 15th and not one item has shipped.
Chat was zero help.

Call the customer service number 1-888-280-4331. Doing that helped me the one and only time that I have ever needed it so far.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. For some unknown reason I was not able to cancel a placed order from my end of the deal. The customer service person that I talked to took care of it for me.

Call the customer service number 1-888-280-4331. Doing that helped me the one and only time that I have ever needed it so far.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. For some unknown reason I was not able to cancel a placed order from my end of the deal. The customer service person that I talked to took care of it for me.
Thank you for your reply. I did call customer service. She explained to me that she couldn't expedite shipping with the system she uses, and that she doesn't know why my order never shipped.

Does anyone think this Amazon stuff is going to blow over? I honestly think people will get bored and head back to the mall. I like buying on there...but going shopping and eating is much more fun.

I am .
I ordered some cooking spice on the 10th and it still hasn't shipped.
It's suppose to be here on the 19th. RIGHT! Nine days for spice?

I wonder what's really goin on. :(

I am .

I think they got too big for their own good.

I have Prime, but when I shop on Amazon I look to see if things ship from Amazon or not. Lots of things ship from other venders so there's no guarantee when it will ship or arrive. I've ordered some things and waited days and it just say's "preparing for shipment," so I canceled the order. But I've received things from Amazon that were very poorly packed too, even damaged and things that had been opened. They're usually really good about taking things back and even pay for shipping. They even gave me a larger refund one time than I had coming, but I have cut back on what I order from them anymore. I think they have gotten too big and have lost some of their control over shipping and packing quality.

I am .

I think they got too big for their own good.

They bought WholeFoods., I looked at the membership price and forget it, I will shop myself..Plus you don't get the sale prices.

I have had Amazon Prime for around 4 years, and order 1 to 3 items per week.

Never had a problem, and just everything arrives in two days.

I also send items to my kids in other states and haven't had any problems.

Prime saves me a bundle on shipping costs. ..... :cool:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Thank you for your reply. I did call customer service. She explained to me that she couldn't expedite shipping with the system she uses, and that she doesn't know why my order never shipped.
You're welcome! I hope you get your stuff! :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

The only store I go to anymore is the grocery store.

I just order everything from Amazon; the only exception is clothes and shoes.

And their return policy is outstanding and hassle free. ..... :cool:

For prime members it's hastle free, but for people who have to use their own card company to resolve issues, Amazon threatens to shut off all assistance like a spiteful child.
There is actually no links on your order to report issues before their arrival, just a loop of your order's details.

I stoped using them for close to a year because they had too many fake sellers giving fake delivery tracking promises and then when they saw many were flagging it as fake, they were not quick to notify or charge back or assist their customers.
Just starting trying them again hoping their methods changed and it seems they are on top of this tracking verification issue, but now as the OP said: Amazon has gotten to big and too important in this economy to feel they can be harnessed for it's actions.
They've always had snuck their charges at the end of the purchase process, but now they go as far as bait and switch and change those charges after your order was finalized at the price you agreed would be charged to your card.
In other words, because your order delivery is seperated, and charges seperated, they think you won't be able to notice they added additional charges to the order and your credit card charges change at your 2 day later package was just shiped notice. Once you click this is what we'll charge from your card then anything differing and added to the charge without your permission or choice to cancel is
1)bait and switch
2)credit card fraud
3)if claimed as a tax =tax fraud
Only a company who's gotten to big would feel above the law or above providing fair business practices.
Amazon is getting worse not better.

Hiding all report a problem buttons on it's mobile app and denying help access to non prime members in order to extort membership is extortion and racketeering.

Has anyone ever braved using Alibaba?
I noticed their product picture doesn't always match the claimed type of item
In a sneaky way and although I know a few tricks to find reliable wholesalers, the feedback feature that we find helpful in Amazon, does not exist in Alibaba.

Forum List

Back