America doesn't have a jobs issue, WE HAVE A WAGE ISSUE.

I agree it would be a wage subsidy. However, how do you rationalize paying people more than what they produce? Think about it for a minute. I own a company and I sell widgets that cost me $10 for raw material to build. I sell them at $20. Now I have to pay my employee that pushes the widgets down the assembly line $11. Why should i bother being in business?

You're asking the wrong question:

How much will the wage increase increase your production costs on a per unit basis? If the employee can process 60 widgets an hour, then the $3.00 per hour increase, adds 5 cents to the cost of your widget. You have the choice of adding the 5 cents to the price of your widgets, or absorbing it.
I get your point but human nature tells me there is no guarantee my employee will work faster and in fact he may actually get comfortable and slow down.

I get your point but human nature tells me there is no guarantee my employee will work faster and in fact he may actually get comfortable and slow down.

An employer can eliminate that problem by hiring correctly and placing employee retention programs.
That requires more cash outlay and its a pain in the ass.

That requires more cash outlay and its a pain in the ass.

The 'Lazy Employer.'
Thats the entire point of going into business for yourself and something only the most forward thinking employers will rebel against.

I agree it would be a wage subsidy. However, how do you rationalize paying people more than what they produce? Think about it for a minute. I own a company and I sell widgets that cost me $10 for raw material to build. I sell them at $20. Now I have to pay my employee that pushes the widgets down the assembly line $11. Why should i bother being in business?

How many widgets do you sell?
Doesnt matter because this is per widget.

How many widgets can be made per hour?

Only one widget per hour can be manufactured?
In this hypothetical example yes. If you want to make it 10 widgets an hour go ahead. The numbers still come out the same.

In this hypothetical example yes. If you want to make it 10 widgets an hour go ahead. The numbers still come out the same.

Do the math.

Do the math.
$100 bucks for raw materials. I sell the widgets and make $200. I have to pay my employee $110. Net loss of $10 and no profit.

Do the math.
$100 bucks for raw materials. I sell the widgets and make $200. I have to pay my employee $110. Net loss of $10 and no profit.
You're paying your employee $110/hr? Of course you'd lose money.
10 widgets/hr at $10/widget, + labor of $11/hr = cost of $111.00
Sell for $20/ea, profit of $89

Do the math.
No. Paying them $11 per widget because I have to met a minimum wage mandate.

Do the math.

Good luck! LOL

America doesn't have a Wage issue, it has a Lack of Growth one.

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

Let me ask you a few questions. I'll keep it simple.

Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to workers the limits of pay that they may contract for their labor? Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to employers the worth of the work they offer? Finally, under what constitutional authority may the Federal government compel employers to support contracted workers beyond not only the worth of the work they offer, but beyond the worker's own efforts to better their subjective predicaments?

Since the Founders never considered such concepts when crafting the Constitution, please provide reference to article, section, and paragraph.
I love you constitutional nuts....The people have a right to demand a decent wage from labor and if labor don't like it, they can take their companies and THEIR CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS to China and stay the fuck there.

Yes. I am most assuredly a "constitutional nut", since it is the law of the land.

Your second point is lacking ... cognizance.

Laws written 2 million years ago, LOLOLO

If you believe the Constitution of the United States is funny, why not pack up and move to a country with a "better" one? This is NOT a practice run, you only get this one shot at it so why waste in a country or state you hate?

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to workers the limits of pay that they may contract for their labor? Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to employers the worth of the work they offer? Finally, under what constitutional authority may the Federal government compel employers to support contracted workers beyond not only the worth of the work they offer, but beyond the worker's own efforts to better their subjective predicaments?

Since the Founders never considered such concepts when crafting the Constitution, please provide reference to article, section, and paragraph.
I love you constitutional nuts....The people have a right to demand a decent wage from labor and if labor don't like it, they can take their companies and THEIR CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS to China and stay the fuck there.

Yes. I am most assuredly a "constitutional nut", since it is the law of the land.

If you believe the Constitution of the United States is funny, why not pack up and move to a country with a "better" one? This is NOT a practice run, you only get this one shot at it so why waste in a country or state you hate?
If you believe she should move because she thinks the constitution is funny why not make her? There is nothing stopping you but your irrelevance.

Entrepreneurs are taxed up the ass.
Working class people are taxed up the ass. Gas is taxed up the ass. Our property is taxed up the ass. We are forced to purchase insurance at ridiculous and back breaking rates, which means we have less and less for our children and food.
And our wages aren't low, dumbass. High food costs are created by government interference with production and resource management.

Obviously you have never had a business or you were too dumb to understand all the tax write offs business owners get.

You...OBVIOUSLY do not understand tax write-offs. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?

Obviously you are uneducated about tax write-offs and fishing for information.

OBVIOUSLY, you are adept at dodging a simple question.

For your convenience, here again, is the question. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?

I am very adept at dodging questions and running you in circles. Your question is incomplete and lacking context. Please explain in detail what the circumstance are regarding the status of the social safety net if you want me to answer your question.

Maybe your city/county has classes available for you to learn comprehension? If not, perhaps there is one online?

For your convenience, here again, is the question:

In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated? That would be what you call loopholes, otherwise known as deductions from your gross income.

Obviously you have never had a business or you were too dumb to understand all the tax write offs business owners get.

You...OBVIOUSLY do not understand tax write-offs. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?

Obviously you are uneducated about tax write-offs and fishing for information.

OBVIOUSLY, you are adept at dodging a simple question.

For your convenience, here again, is the question. In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated?

I am very adept at dodging questions and running you in circles. Your question is incomplete and lacking context. Please explain in detail what the circumstance are regarding the status of the social safety net if you want me to answer your question.

Maybe your city/county has classes available for you to learn comprehension? If not, perhaps there is one online?

For your convenience, here again, is the question:

In your opinion, should tax write-offs be eliminated? That would be what you call loopholes, otherwise known as deductions from your gross income.
Please see my previous post. Once you meet my requirements I will respond to your solicitation.

If you believe she should move because she thinks the constitution is funny why not make her? There is nothing stopping you but your irrelevance.

Why not make her? Good question. The answer is that I am NOT a progressive.

I simply want her to be happy. Life is short, this isn't a practice run. Why should she be miserable?

Higher wages would promote growth.

B'loney. Growth begets higher wages as demand for labor increases. If spending more for something that it is worth (i.e., Porkulus Stimulus programs) begat growth, our economy would be growing at a very rapid pace by now. It's not. So you fail.

Why not make her? Good question. The answer is that I am NOT a progressive.

I simply want her to be happy. Life is short, this isn't a practice run. Why should she be miserable?
From your posts its evident you arent intelligent but what does that have to do with my question?

Want you want is irreleveant. Unless you have the power to change things or make her move youre just like a gnat buzzing around dispensing unheard advice.

B'loney. Growth begets higher wages as demand for labor increases. If spending more for something that it is worth (i.e., Porkulus Stimulus programs) begat growth, our economy would be growing at a very rapid pace by now. It's not. So you fail.
Growth comes from spending/higher wages. Things dont grow unless you water them.

FORCED higher wages would crash the growth. Keep in mind, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama is the first president in history to NOT have a single year of his administration with a growth rate of over 3% and it was all of... 0.5 percent this past quarter. Dismal!

Growth comes from spending/higher wages. Things dont grow unless you water them.

Growth comes from investing in new businesses, products, and expanding markets. Just paying more for something that its economic value is Not Growth. If it were, Solyndra would have been a raging success.

But to promote growth you need higher wages/wages equal to costs to create growth due to more spending.

FORCED higher wages would crash the growth. Keep in mind, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama is the first president in history to NOT have a single year of his administration with a growth rate of over 3% and it was all of... 0.5 percent this past quarter. Dismal!

Higher wages have NEVER crashed growth in the United States.

Forum List

Back