American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

Do you really like this kind of music? :D

I've been appreciating it more as of late. I guarantee I hear "Mockingbird Hill" today.

It's easier on the ears than rap. :)

I'm more partial to Rock, Gospel, Classical, and Blues.

Some of the songs I know are really old but there aren't any "older" recordings I can find on Youtube.

Last edited:

I've been appreciating it more as of late. I guarantee I hear "Mockingbird Hill" today.

Some of the songs I know are really old but there aren't any "older" recordings I can find on Youtube.

I like hip hop because I like to dance, and I'm not talking about the Charleston. :lol:

I like hip hop because I like to dance, and I'm not talking about the Charleston. :lol:

Gotcha.

Oh man, now you're going to make me want to post some rap. Crazy Sky would absolutely freak! :lol:

Why should I freak?

We are all free to post the music we want.:dunno:;)

4 songs on the itinerary for today:

Only thing is I'm used to hearing 6 women sing it. Today it was 5.
1 of the 6 taught me this 20+ years ago:

And there was this:

and this:

It's all pretty close to home for me.
I went to a friend's funeral and they sang this: 4 brothers, A Cappella. Better, even.

we do love ...the past....world music past....but American music past is so so beautiful....the best.

Jerome Kern - The Way You Look Tonight

my last one for tonight...

I love American show business from days past.....all gone and dead now.....wherever they are ....dancers and singers....people back then....every single one of them

.......Bless them .....

Bless them

Route 66 - Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters :dance:

'DEAR MR GABLE' - ( 'YOU MADE ME LOVE YOU' ) sung by JUDY GARLAND who was 14 years old at the time.

Forum List

Back