American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

Great movie this one, great song ....with Kirk Douglas ....and from 1961....ticks all the boxes for me...

Town Without Pity (German: Stadt ohne Mitleid) is a 1961 American, Swiss, and West German international co-production drama film directed by Gottfried Reinhardt. Produced by The Mirisch Corporation, the film stars Kirk Douglas, Barbara Rütting, Christine Kaufmann, and E. G. Marshall.

"Town Without Pity" written by Dimitri Tiomkin and Ned Washington was recorded by Gene Pitney for the 1961 film of the same title. Released on Musicor Records in October 1961 it reached #13 on the Billboard Top 100 chart in January 1962. That same year the song received a Golden Globe award for "Best Motion Picture Song," and was nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Music, Original Song".

Town without pity

Last edited:
you don't hear this version often....so....

this is my Christmas present to you. lol ....(the 1961 version i posted above is precious my number One ...)

but this one .... my friends.....oh this one....is quite ravishing too

yum

Town without pity - Stray Cats

Marlene Dietrich - Wenn Ich Mir Was Wünschen Dürfte

Heißer Sommer - Männer (die noch keine sind) early 1960s East Germany MAGA Make Europe first again....no more globalism...no more Islamic scum in Europe

Last edited:
Argentina
1930s
Carlos Gardel - El dia que me quieras - Tango

When we were posted in Buenos Aires I learnt to love Carlos Gardel.....that was long ago ....was it all a dream?

love this song anyway

Carlos Gardel - Volver - Tango

and this.............El Dia Que Me Quieras (The Day When You Love Me)

Carlos Gardel - El dia que me quieras - Tango

GOD Bless Argentina....but please brothers and sisters in Argentina.... forgive me if I put Julio Sosa above Gardel in this instance ...ok?

Best song ever :113:

Julio Sosa Nada- 1944

ok go on and kill me..this bolero is absolute wonderful....I love it so much....I want to be reborn in this bolero lol ..it's so perfect...but what do you all know,what do I care what you say anyway....

RAÙL SHAW MORENO - CUANDO TU ME QUIERAS- Love this bolero!

babies (lol) what can I say...Germany ...Argentina....Mexico..... it's all good...

and this is very good...particularly good....

good night y'all MAGA

Se Te Olvida, Javier Solís

It is what it is.

the past rules ....for some of us.

good night

MAGA
Llanto de luna - Tito Rodriguez

Roy Fox & His Orchestra, vocal: Mary Lee: It's Got To Be Love Recorded in London 29 December 1936

Casa Loma Orchestra - The Object Of My Affection (1935)

Glen Gray & The Casa Loma Orchestra - Smoke Rings (1937)
love love love....

with love.

Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - The Nearness Of You

again....here we go..

Busby Berkeley's Pre-Code Musicals: Uptown Funk 1930s what else

For those who like the Dorsey Brothers circa 1930s.....this is one of their best!!! ADORE IT! :2up:

The Dorsey Brothers Orchestra - Tailspin

The very best for you!:2up:

Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald - Love Is Here To Stay

Forum List

Back