Americans need to see the Corporate Fingerprints Behind our Division

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Corporate America is the sole beneficiary when we divide ourselves and dehumize each other.

Having our leadership composed of either radical ideologues or corporate cronies simply seals our fate.

We can beat this by just being honest with each other and reminding ourselves of the presence of good people in both sides of these issues.

The real enemy are the multinational corporations that cant wait to auction off our country one piece at a time.

Is this a PC vs MAC argument?

t1larg.mac.pc.2.jpg

t1larg.mac.pc.2.jpg

No it is more of a left hand puppet vrs right hand puppet argument.

I find it interesting that so many Americans owe their livelihoods to corporations yet the term (which is only one type of legal commercial enterprise) is universally regarded as a pejorative term.

Apparently, all corporations are evil unless they're the one for which you work.

Last I checked it was the federal government mandating that we buy private insurance from the insurance companies. And there are many, many other examples.

Blame the federal government for corporatism.Because that's how it's allowed to happen.

Seems to me the last thing people would be asking for if they're serious about discussing corporatism is more government.

Apparently, all corporations are evil unless they're the one for which you work.

Multinational corporations that have no nation that they are loyal to are the problem in general.

They are the corporations, for the most part, that are pushing globalism and Open Borders.

Local corporations are just businesses, hell I own a corporation myself, an LLC, lol.

Blame the federal government for corporatism.

If you remember correctly, a great any people were against that decision that had to be railroaded through Congress by the creation of an "Insurance Crisis" that turned out to be smoke and mirrors.

There was at the time, and remains still, that the legislation to mandate insurance coverage was beyond the Constitutional powers of Congress. A mistake that I still hope to see rectified by the Court.

Last I checked it was the federal government mandating that we buy private insurance from the insurance companies. And there are many, many other examples.

Blame the federal government for corporatism.Because that's how it's allowed to happen.

Seems to me the last thing people would be asking for if they're serious about discussing corporatism is more government.

The Corporate Crony Network is the 45,000+ lobbyists that descend on capitol hill every week to twist arms for their collective interests.

The various small business associations dont even stand a chance.

It's still amazing to me how easily people are led into blaming one group of people for their ills when the real culprits operated in the open.

Every time gas prices go up, we blame the evil oil companies and ignore that a good portion of what we pay for gas contains both state and federal taxes (gas remains one of the highest taxed commodities in America).

Similarly, we are quick to blame any company (especially those evil companies that make things we actually need instead of iPods and hacky sacks) for playing the game according to rules made up by the very men and women we elect to government.

You can hardly blame any business (small or large) for taking advantage of rules set up by our own politicians (that are sent to government by us).

"When buys and selling are legislated, the first thing to be bought and sold are legislators" --- P.J. O'Rourke

If we want to make real change to the way business influences our government, the first step is to remove politicians that use that influence to their own advantage.

It's still amazing to me how easily people are led into blaming one group of people for their ills when the real culprits operated in the open.

Every time gas prices go up, we blame the evil oil companies and ignore that a good portion of what we pay for gas contains both state and federal taxes (gas remains one of the highest taxed commodities in America).

Similarly, we are quick to blame any company (especially those evil companies that make things we actually need instead of iPods and hacky sacks) for playing the game according to rules made up by the very men and women we elect to government.

You can hardly blame any business (small or large) for taking advantage of rules set up by our own politicians (that are sent to government by us).

"When buys and selling are legislated, the first thing to be bought and sold are legislators" --- P.J. O'Rourke

If we want to make real change to the way business influences our government, the first step is to remove politicians that use that influence to their own advantage.

We need to lock out all corporate donations of any kind to our political process. We need to ban corporate gifts and after government corporate employment for anyone. Then we need to ban lobbying for any corporation that is a for profit corporation, especially banks like Morgan Stanley and Golden Sachs.

We need to lock out all corporate donations of any kind to our political process.

Treating the symptom but allowing the disease to run rampant.

The solution isn't to limit the influence business has on government, but to severely limit the influence and favors that government can dole out to business.

There can be no graft if government can't provide benefit to those seeking it.

We need to lock out all corporate donations of any kind to our political process.

The solution isn't to limit the influence business has on government, but to severely limit the influence and favors that government can dole out to business.

Both.

Both.

If you make it harder for government to dole out favors to business, then those favors will be granted under the table.

If you remove the ability for the government to dole out favors to business, then they won't even ask.

You never beg from a pauper.

t1larg.mac.pc.2.jpg

I find it interesting that so many Americans owe their livelihoods to corporations yet the term (which is only one type of legal commercial enterprise) is universally regarded as a pejorative term.

Corporations aren't evil, but neither are they good. They are just a legal entity used to produce profit. The evil part comes in when we don't make laws to force corporations to treat people fairly. They will do exactly what the laws allow them to do. Nothing more, and nothing less.

t1larg.mac.pc.2.jpg

Corporations aren't evil, but neither are they good. They are just a legal entity used to produce profit. The evil part comes in when we don't make laws to force corporations to treat people fairly. They will do exactly what the laws allow them to do. Nothing more, and nothing less.

WTH is wrong with profit? That’s why businesses even exist.

t1larg.mac.pc.2.jpg

WTH is wrong with profit? That’s why businesses even exist.

Who said profit was bad? Unchecked profit at the expense of fairness to people is bad.

Business should never have more influence on government than the people have.

Forum List

Back