An Alabama Pastor's Epic Speech against Gay Marriage (Please finish drinking your beverage first)

In your opinion, would you consider someone who "doesn't agree or has a problem with" black men kissing white women in public as "hateful"?

STOP trying to compare homo marriage to blacks in any shape or form. Homosexuals are NOT a race
Are civil rights ONLY to be based on race?
Homos are not a race, stop the comparisons
Are civil rights ONLY to be based on race? How about answering the question.[/QUO
I'm not answering any question that in any way shape or form tries to compare homosexuals and the black race. There is zero connection
So you saying the civil rights and the protection of civil rights to be applied and defended ONLY based on race. TheDoctor is right, you have no critical thinking skills.

STOP trying to compare homo marriage to blacks in any shape or form. Homosexuals are NOT a race
Are civil rights ONLY to be based on race? How about answering the question.[/QUO
I'm not answering any question that in any way shape or form tries to compare homosexuals and the black race. There is zero connection
So you saying the civil rights and the protection of civil rights to be applied and defended ONLY based on race. TheDoctor is right, you have no critical thinking skills.

You're using a clown as an avatar and you expect me to take you serious? You want the truth? I think homos have a mental disease and instead of coddling them they need therapy. With that said I don't care what they do just leave me alone and stay far far away from our children.

I'll help:

"A civil right is an enforceable right or privilege, which if interfered with by another gives rise to an action for injury. Examples of civil rights are freedom of speech, press, and assembly; the right to vote; freedom from involuntary servitude; and the right to equality in public places. Discrimination occurs when the civil rights of an individual are denied or interfered with because of their membership in a particular group or class. Various jurisdictions have enacted statutes to prevent discrimination based on a person's race, sex, religion, age, previous condition of servitude, physical limitation, national origin, and in some instances sexual orientation."
Civil Rights Wex Legal Dictionary Encyclopedia LII Legal Information Institute

You're using a clown as an avatar and you expect me to take you serious? You want the truth? I think homos have a mental disease and instead of coddling them they need therapy. With that said I don't care what they do just leave me alone and stay far far away from our children.
They are leaving you alone, without a doubt.

In your opinion, would you consider someone who "doesn't agree or has a problem with" black men kissing white women in public as "hateful"?

Are civil rights ONLY to be based on race? How about answering the question.

There isn't, really. Civil rights perhaps, but nothing more. Blacks couldn't hide their skin color; for that they were lynched, beaten, murdered, discriminated against, had bricks thrown through their windows, and crosses burned on their lawns. It's pretty terrifying for people to see what skin color you are and hate you for it.

On the other hand, nobody knows if a person is gay or not. Nobody in America has tried to kill them for it, hang them on a tree, or burn gay pride flags on their lawns. Come to think of it, they have it better off than any black during the Civil Rights era. Their fight isn't anything close to the movement African Americans engineered to gain equality in society.

Communist! You won't let people buy batteries. :p

Now I will start off by saying that his views don't necessarily reflect mine, so save the "you're a bigot" or "you're a homophobe", "or where in the Bible does it say this, that or the other thing" posts. But you must admire the gall and the guts of a Birmingham Pastor named Cedric Hatcher for absolutely taking a taking a Town Hall meeting by storm, throwing political correctness to the wind to voice his mind on the topic of homosexuality.

I tell you what, hoss, Duracell didn't have no batteries on the shelf that morning.

"I know Alabama pay [sic] a lotta money yesterday. I know somebody else who paid a lotta money too: Duracell ain't got no batteries on the shelf this morning. All 'them batteries gone. I tried to find a battery for my radio this morning, couldn't find there [sic] nowhere. I said, "what happened?" They said, "Rev, them done bought all the batteries last night, they celebrated some kind of way, just bought all the batteries." I don't know what they do to batteries, but I mo preach.. I ain't going there. I don't know what they did with all them batteries."

-2:19 through 2:45

Let me be the first to thank you...that was a muthafuggan hoot!

It made the homos mad...

Looks like the guy in the OP is the "mad" one.

I'm referring to you and the posse of perverted clowns you carnival with

Why would my "side" be mad? We're winning this fight.

Gay marriage will be legal in all 50 states within the next 6 months. Your "side" is losing ground by the minute.

Everyone in the background is like 'wtf?'

Kissing in public is normal, and if people want to buy batteries and they don't like that other people impulse buy batteries - tough this is capitalism and America.

I doubt the shop owner was disappointed that people bought all the batteries, and improved his balance sheet - even if it was for vibrators or torchlights.

picard-facepalm-o.gif

There isn't, really. Civil rights perhaps, but nothing more. Blacks couldn't hide their skin color; for that they were lynched, beaten, murdered, discriminated against, had bricks thrown through their windows, and crosses burned on their lawns. It's pretty terrifying for people to see what skin color you are and hate you for it.

On the other hand, nobody knows if a person is gay or not. Nobody in America has tried to kill them for it, hang them on a tree, or burn gay pride flags on their lawns. Come to think of it, they have it better off than any black during the Civil Rights era. Their fight isn't anything close to the movement African Americans engineered to gain equality in society.
I doubt the guy in this video could prove that gay people bought all the batteries, but he claimed they did - as if it was a crime to buy batteries.

Those two things aren't contradictory.

They are. If a gay person wants Christians to accept his lifestyle, he must strive to accept theirs. Otherwise, there will always be hatred between the two.

First, a gay person calls a Christian a bigot and a homophobe for being against their way of life. Then, they try to use the Bible to justify it. Next, they then ridicule the Christian for his beliefs and his way of life. So, how is that not contradictory?

You don't seem to understand the dynamics in play here. You're trying to warp the conversation into making gay people into "bigots" against Christianity, and that position isn't supported by reality.

When was the last time a gay person tried to make it illegal for Christians to get married?

The tu quoque argument will not work, Doc.

It's contradictory in the sense that a gay person accuses a Christian of trying to legislate morality, while all the same trying to legislate his way of life on others as well.

Once again, you state this from your perspective only, Doc. So when you state "this position isn't supported by reality" I am gathering it is the version of reality you espouse to. You have yours, I have mine.

No, you don't get to have your own reality.

I'm not aware of any suggested laws that would force anyone to get gay married.

Did I ever suggest there were laws forcing people to be gay? For Pete's sake Doc, I've been posting here close to 2 years now, do you seriously believe I would say something so stupid?

Well, you did:

...while all the same trying to legislate his way of life on others as well.

I think you might want to do a little research before you make such ridiculous claims.

Are you really claiming that no one has been killed for being gay?

You gunna be able to marry your dog.......gunna be able to marry your cat

They just can't get those bestiality images out of there mind
They seem to talk about gay sex more than gays do.
I don't understand these "Christians" who still don't understand that marriage is about love

Or in the homos case marriage is about benefits and appearing "normal"
So...heteros marry only for benefits.

Now I will start off by saying that his views don't necessarily reflect mine, so save the "you're a bigot" or "you're a homophobe", "or where in the Bible does it say this, that or the other thing" posts. But you must admire the gall and the guts of a Birmingham Pastor named Cedric Hatcher for absolutely taking a taking a Town Hall meeting by storm, throwing political correctness to the wind to voice his mind on the topic of homosexuality.

I tell you what, hoss, Duracell didn't have no batteries on the shelf that morning.

"I know Alabama pay [sic] a lotta money yesterday. I know somebody else who paid a lotta money too: Duracell ain't got no batteries on the shelf this morning. All 'them batteries gone. I tried to find a battery for my radio this morning, couldn't find there [sic] nowhere. I said, "what happened?" They said, "Rev, them done bought all the batteries last night, they celebrated some kind of way, just bought all the batteries." I don't know what they do to batteries, but I mo preach.. I ain't going there. I don't know what they did with all them batteries."

It made the homos mad...

Looks like you have only argumentum ad hominem as a position, Doc.

Accusing others of random, unapplicable logical fallacies is not a silver bullet that automatically wins you the point.

From your posts, it's not even clear that you understand what an ad hom or tu quoque fallacy is.

It made the homos mad...

Gay marriage will be legal in all 50 states within the next 6 months. Your "side" is losing ground by the minute.

And this is exactly why there will always be hatred. Bragging about it will only being about more animosity. Good for them though, equality is equality. Though, I get lectured about hatred, but then there are people who (intentionally or not) make statements which stir the pot.

While gay marriage will be legal, the process is shaking out where those who have religious and moral objections as businessmen and women can refuse to serve homosexuals, via the Hobby Lobby decision. I see this as a stalemate.

You gunna be able to marry your dog.......gunna be able to marry your cat

They just can't get those bestiality images out of there mind
They seem to talk about gay sex more than gays do.
I don't understand these "Christians" who still don't understand that marriage is about love

Or in the homos case marriage is about benefits and appearing "normal"

There was a time a black man marrying a white woman was not considered normal

Good Christians opposed it

It made the homos mad...

And this is exactly why there will always be hatred. Bragging about it will only being about more animosity. Good for them though, equality is equality. Though, I get lectured about hatred, but then there are people who (intentionally or not) make statements which stir the pot.

While gay marriage will be legal, the process is shaking out where those who have religious and moral objections as businessmen and women can refuse to serve homosexuals, via the Hobby Lobby decision. I see this as a stalemate.

I think you'll find that your interpretation of the Hobby Lobby decision isn't going to hold the water that you think it will.

Not to mention, refusing to read my posts in context and instead just trying to find a "gotcha" just makes you look childish.

The crux of the pastors argument is that he considers homosexuality to be "yucky"

We don't legislate on yucky

Forum List

Back