An attempt to end run the Grand Jury in Brown Case

How One Woman Could Hit The Reset Button In The Case Against Darren Wilson ThinkProgress

Ohh look another attempt to end run the Prosecutor. Don't get what you want as a lefty? Just try again.

Technically it's not political, but a violation of criminal procedure.

My criminal law professor brought the issue up today in our class and said that giving the wrong official statement of the law "would have gotten them an F in my criminal procedure class. You can't make that mistake in a grand jury."

That was a huge mistake on the prosecutor's fault and that's a procedural error. I thought we were all for respect for the rule of law right? Well when there is a procedural error that can prejudices the jury, it gets overturned for the sake of the integrity of the system. That's the rule of law.

All it does is reconvene a new grand jury with the correct point of law. They could still make the same choice but at least this time it will be done by the book.
Obviously the mistake, if indeed there even was one, was nugatory.

That's for the Missouri Court of Appeals to decide. Maybe even the Supreme Court of Missouri to decide if they want to take the case after the appeals case is heard. You can't predict appeal courts.

How One Woman Could Hit The Reset Button In The Case Against Darren Wilson ThinkProgress

Ohh look another attempt to end run the Prosecutor. Don't get what you want as a lefty? Just try again.

Technically it's not political, but a violation of criminal procedure.

My criminal law professor brought the issue up today in our class and said that giving the wrong official statement of the law "would have gotten them an F in my criminal procedure class. You can't make that mistake in a grand jury."

That was a huge mistake on the prosecutor's fault and that's a procedural error. I thought we were all for respect for the rule of law right? Well when there is a procedural error that can prejudices the jury, it gets overturned for the sake of the integrity of the system. That's the rule of law.

All it does is reconvene a new grand jury with the correct point of law. They could still make the same choice but at least this time it will be done by the book.
Obviously the mistake, if indeed there even was one, was nugatory.

That's for the Missouri Court of Appeals to decide. Maybe even the Supreme Court of Missouri to decide if they want to take the case after the appeals case is heard. You can't predict appeal courts.
No one is going to touch it. The evidence simply isnt there to convict.

Forum List

Back