An interesting scenario...

TSLexi

Sep 12, 2013
Following on from my "Let's invade Venezuela so we can take their oil" idea I posted earlier, I'm now wondering what would be the most efficient way to accomplish this.

Here's my idea:

1. Sail a fleet to blockade the Gulf of Venezuela, and beachhead a Marine Expeditionary Force at the mouth of Lake Maracaibo.
2. Use armor to rapidly overwhelm the enemy, followed by mechanized infantry to secure captured territory. Use mobile artillery to suppress the enemy ahead of the advancing front.
3. Once the oil fields have been taken, send in the Army to occupy the area in preparation for our oil companies to make use of the fields.

Should a B-2 be used immediately prior to the invasion to take out their infrastructure?

Yes, I'm insane.

Lexi

Following on from my "Let's invade Venezuela so we can take their oil" idea I posted earlier, I'm now wondering what would be the most efficient way to accomplish this.

Putting a bullet in your head before it gets that far.

This is a real good idea, if you want to inflame every nation in Central and South America against the US. And then get us in a decades long guerrilla war in the jungles that will never be resolved.

We could issue letters of marque and reprisal to our Navy, and take all oil tankers as prizes that sail from Venezuela once they're in international or US territorial waters. That will cripple their economy.

We could issue letters of marque and reprisal to our Navy, and take all oil tankers as prizes that sail from Venezuela once they're in international or US territorial waters. That will cripple their economy.

*facepalm*

Letters of Marque are used by privateers, they are completely unneeded by the Navy.

And what exactly are you going to capture, the 53 ships that are registered in Venezuela?

Merchant marine: total: 53
by type: bulk carrier 4, cargo 12, chemical tanker 1, liquefied gas 5, passenger 1, passenger/cargo 14, petroleum tanker 16
Venezuela Merchant marine - Transportation

Most oil tankers are registered in what is known as a "Flag of convenience". And attacking one of these is tantamount to the start of a new world war.

Top11FOCs2009.png

I know how international shipping is done...Dad used to be an oil supertanker captain for P&O.

We capture any tankers sailing from Venezuela, not necessarily registered there.

We can just threaten to nuke any country attempting to interfere.

I know how international shipping is done...Dad used to be an oil supertanker captain for P&O.

We capture any tankers sailing from Venezuela, not necessarily registered there.

That is known as a blockade, and illegal under international law except under very specific guidelines.

As I said, congratulations, you just started World War III, with pretty much every nation on the planet against the US.

That is known as a blockade, and illegal under international law except under very specific guidelines.

As I said, congratulations, you just started World War III, with pretty much every nation on the planet against the US.

We ARE international law. And I'm sure we can get Israel and other oil-poor nations on our side if we promise they get a share in the captured oil.

We ARE international law. And I'm sure we can get Israel and other oil-poor nations on our side if we promise they get a share in the captured oil.

We? Is that a mouse in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Here's my idea:

1. Sail a fleet to blockade the Gulf of Venezuela, and beachhead a Marine Expeditionary Force at the mouth of Lake Maracaibo.
2. Use armor to rapidly overwhelm the enemy, followed by mechanized infantry to secure captured territory. Use mobile artillery to suppress the enemy ahead of the advancing front.
3. Once the oil fields have been taken, send in the Army to occupy the area in preparation for our oil companies to make use of the fields.

Should a B-2 be used immediately prior to the invasion to take out their infrastructure?

Yes, I'm insane.

Lexi

Yes, you are.
You forgot to mention the first step; producing CIA intelligence they're producing bombs for Muslim terrorists and/or using chemical weapons.

Here's my idea:

Yes, I'm insane.

Lexi

Yes, you are.
You forgot to mention the first step; producing CIA intelligence they're producing bombs for Muslim terrorists and/or using chemical weapons.

There is evidence of Islamic terrorist groups in Venezuela. That's all we need.

Here's my idea:

Yes, I'm insane.

Lexi

Transgender Lexi you are bat shit crazy.

Forum List

Back