Ancient Aliens

They also show up in Renaissance art, particularly in Leonardo Da Vinci's work. I like the show. A lot of the sites they go to I have never seen even in books. So I enjoy seeing those ancient sites. I think some of the UFOs people see are actual craft. But I think they are earth technology and not alien technology. Remember when people were seeing a 'triangular' shaped UFO? All those reports went away when the stealth bomber was unveiled. That was our technology and I think the rest of it is as well.

I do think they have missed the boat in saying that the 'grays' are what we evolved into. Granted it was predicted that the human cranium would get bigger. It was also predicted that as machines took over out bodies would shrink down to not much. Well THAT hasn't happened. Just the opposite has happened.

I have to give Giorgia credit for making a very stupid statement - that the Great Pyramid is at the juncture of the longest line of latitude and the longest line of longitude. WTF? The longest line of latitude is the equator and they are nowhere near that. The longitudinal lines are all the same. That's 4th grade stuff.

IMO, mainstream science needs to get off its tenured ass and explain these sites. The Stone age was BETWEEN us and them as our Egyptian guides said so frequently.

The "ufos" in Medieval and latter Renaissance art are nothing more than stylized depictions of the sun and the moon and/or angels in clouds. This is well known in art circles and among cultural anthropologists.

Given that those 'cultural anthropologists' weren't around when the paintings were done, I'd have to say that their opinions are open for disagreement. I think they are some of the most arrogant people on the face of the earth. When someone picks up a piece of pottery and deigns to tell you what the owner whose brain has been dust for thousands of years was thinking, that is the height of arrogance. We have to stay open to new ideas whether it is about the atom, the God particle, string theory, illness and disease, or other life in the universe. Florence Nightingale, who was a dynamo when it came to research and statistics, so VERY smart and successful with her efforts in nursing, didn't believe in germ theory. Men who did believe in such radical ideas where put to death. No one has it all sewn up. No one. And I refuse to limit what is possible to the miniscule amount of knowledge we have at the present time.

Uuummm, the Ancient Aliens proponents always show those "UFOs" slightly out of focus or at a distance for a reason. When studied up close everyone of sound mind will see they are what I passed that on they are. Also Cultural Anthropologists don't just pull this stuff out of their collective asses as you would like to believe, the documentation of life during those periods is extensive to say the least. You can disagree all day long and you'll still be wrong.

its not my religion Ring....its just we had a thread on this a while ago and i seen i dont know how many posters saying ..."oh yea i have an open mind to aliens visiting here....but i just laugh at alien intervention with stuff like the Pyramids and other mysteries".....if you just discount something outright....you dont have an open mind to it....an "open" minded person to this stuff would at least say.....its possible, but i myself think our ancestors built the things without any outside help.....thats all i am getting at.....the stuff makes interesting conversation though.....

I have an open mind to rational explanations, I gave them a chance and none were provided based on known and accepted archeological, historical and anthropological evidence hence their premise was completely discounted as a money making scam. Sure it makes interesting conversation and the only thing it makes me think about is how ludicrous they sound. :dunno:

ok ....so you are one of those who believe this little planet is it in this vast Universe......that explains much about why you believe like yo do....

Now you're pulling stuff out of your ass........ Just like the Ancient Alien crowd..... And you claim you're not an adherent.......... :eusa_whistle:

still just an opinion or a theory.....right?......i read an interview with a Norwegian architect Ole J. Bryn who has been studying this for years....he said he has found out how they did it and will present it at a some gathering of scientist coming up.....the interviewer asked if he will be submitting proof this is how it was done.....he said of "course not.....i just feel that my theory is more sound than the others out there.....unless we try to build one....we will never know who is right or wrong".....he said as long as the architect knows the main dimensions of a pyramid, he can project the building as he would have done it with a modern building, but with building methods and measurements known from ancient Egypt.....the article also said
If the principles behind Bryn's drawings are correct, then archaeologists will have a new "map" that demonstrates that the pyramids are not a "bunch of heavy rocks with unknown structures" but, rather, incredibly precise structures......

Since then more evidence has been found that points in the direction of an internal ramp so we now have a theory as opposed to a postulation. The evidence doesn't exist at all for the Ancient Alien "explanation" hence it's not a theory it's a postulation. A postulation is in essence a flight of fancy until evidence can be found to support it. At that point it becomes a theory.
The problem is the Ancient Alien "proponents" take an extreme myopic view discounting all the proven evidence calling it false, mistaken or ignoring it altogether. If this is your religion then by all means go ahead and believe it. I know too much about history, archeology and cultural anthropology to buy into the Ancient Alien snake oil.
its not my religion Ring....its just we had a thread on this a while ago and i seen i dont know how many posters saying ..."oh yea i have an open mind to aliens visiting here....but i just laugh at alien intervention with stuff like the Pyramids and other mysteries".....if you just discount something outright....you dont have an open mind to it....an "open" minded person to this stuff would at least say.....its possible, but i myself think our ancestors built the things without any outside help.....thats all i am getting at.....the stuff makes interesting conversation though.....

Who built the pyramids all over the world is up for grabs. And there are enormous underwater cities and monuments being found. The continents have shifted in the past, many times. Just because a rock is where it is today, doesn't mean it will not be somewhere else tomorrow. Our fuel, carbon based fossil fuel, is the product of living things which were squished down under pressure after one iteration of this upheaval. Nothing that is is as it was. The earth is constantly changing. I have seen the pyramids and I can tell you that they were NOT built with arrowheads and bones. When asked questions the Egyptians say, ' we don't know, there is been a Stone Age BETWEEN us and THEM.' All these huge monuments point to an advanced civilization in the past. Until tenured mainstream science gets off its collective lazy ass and attempts to explain some of it, I have very little respect for them.

As to aliens, well, that is really up for grabs. All our religions have stories of a god or gods who descended or ascended. They all have flood stories and many other really amazing things. I have often thought that the arc certainly could have carried all the earth's life forms if they were in DNA format, and the 'giants in the earth' which were the result of angels and humans intermarrying which were mentioned in the book of II Kings might have been intellectual giants rather than physical giants.

People claim to see UFOs all the time. Educated people, astronauts, airline pilots, many people report 'sightings.' Before they strutted out the stealth bomber there were multiple sightings of a triangular shaped UFO. Now those have all been deleted from the stories. I think what people are seeing is earth technology, rather than alien technology. But, how far can I actually see out into the universe? Not very far. I am not so arrogant as to claim there are no other life forms out there beyond my field of vision. Arrogance of that nature is on the level with the arrogance of stating affirmatively that there is no God. People can offer up all the conjecture on either side as they like, but to prove either thing, one would have to be larger than the universe itself.

I have an open mind to rational explanations, I gave them a chance and none were provided based on known and accepted archeological, historical and anthropological evidence hence their premise was completely discounted as a money making scam. Sure it makes interesting conversation and the only thing it makes me think about is how ludicrous they sound. :dunno:

ok ....so you are one of those who believe this little planet is it in this vast Universe......that explains much about why you believe like yo do....

Now you're pulling stuff out of your ass........ Just like the Ancient Alien crowd..... And you claim you're not an adherent.......... :eusa_whistle:
ok ...yes or no.....do you think there is other life out there or are we it?....

ok ...yes or no.....do you think there is other life out there or are we it?....

Admitting the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe is not admitting that same life is here on earth. It's a failed, logical argument.

"If there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and,

..there is intelligent life here on earth,

..THEN intelligent life elsewhere in the universe must be here on earth."

It's called an illogical conclusion to truthful premises. But that is what you're trying to do. By getting people to admit there may be life elsewhere in the universe you think it proves they are visiting earth.

There may be intelligent life out there somewhere, but interstellar and inter galactic distances are so great it makes travel to and fro impossible based on our knowledge of physics.

Now you'll go and say just because we don't know doesn't make it impossible, but just because we don't know doesn't also make it true.

Last edited:
I would bet a limb there's other life out there. It's just not verifiably probable that we've been "visited" be any intelligent neighbors.

I would bet a limb there's other life out there. It's just not verifiably probable that we've been "visited" be any intelligent neighbors.

Statistically, life, much less intelligent life on other planets is so rare the probable distance between us and them is hundreds, if not thousands, of light years.

Of course we'll get the Star Trek, Captain Kirk zoomies coming on talking about warp travel and black hole opportunities.

None of it exists, it never will. The laws of physics precludes it.

Statistically, life, much less intelligent life on other planets is so rare the probable distance between us and them is hundreds, if not thousands, of light years.

Of course we'll get the Star Trek, Captain Kirk zoomies coming on talking about warp travel and black hole opportunities.

Not if they can bend space, it doesn't preclude it.

If there is life elsewhere, say, in the galaxy, how come we've never been able to pick up a single radio transmission from them? We started sending out signals to the galaxy decades ago and nothing. Admittedly, these are large distances (which goes to my previous assertion) but the universe is billions of years old. If intelligent life developed in multiple areas across the galaxy certainly one was developed long enough ago for us to receive one single radio signal from one of them...like we're attempting now.

But there is nothing out there. Not one, single hint.

Not if they can bend space, it doesn't preclude it.

That didn't take long.

If there is life elsewhere, say, in the galaxy, how come we've never been able to pick up a single radio transmission from them? We started sending out signals to the galaxy decades ago and nothing. Admittedly, these are large distances (which goes to my previous assertion) but the universe is billions of years old. If intelligent life developed in multiple areas across the galaxy certainly one was developed long enough ago for us to receive one single radio signal from one of them...like we're attempting now.

Actually, the probability of finding said signals if they DID very well exist is teeeeny tiny. It speaks nothing, nothing at all, to the question of other intelligent life.

You should really dig your pockets into some physics and also (for fun) theoretical physics if this at all intrigues. The odds that we're alone are close to zero. That's, unless, you're Religious.

Actually, the probability of finding said signals if they DID very well exist is teeeeny tiny. It speaks nothing, nothing at all, to the question of other intelligent life.

You should really dig your pockets into some physics and also (for fun) theoretical physics if this at all intrigues. The odds that we're alone are close to zero. That's, unless, you're Religious.

That's just not true. We get not only light but radio signals from the far reaches of the galaxy, not to mention the universe. Radio signals travel almost unimpeded in the emptiness of space. They literally, can travel forever.

That's just not true. We get not only light but radio signals from the far reaches of the galaxy, not to mention the universe. Radio signals travel almost unimpeded in the emptiness of space. They literally, can travel forever.

Yes, in unlimited frequencies. Try finding the correct one, that's the POINT I just made reiterated.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0707/0707.0011.pdf

Here is a paper describing the probability of even finding one, shall one exist. It is miniscule; thus, does NOT speak to whether or not ONE EXISTS.

As can be seen, these
figures give a very small, almost negligible,
probability p. The primary reason is long
civilization lifespan and short usage of radio
technology. Improving our detection
capabilities would also improve the whole
picture.

Here is a paper describing the probability of even finding one, shall one exist. It is miniscule; thus, does NOT speak to whether or not ONE EXISTS.

As can be seen, these
picture.

This is what I'm talking about. The same people who will claim we haven't received a radio (or other) signal from another intelligent alien civilization because it's impossible will claim it's possible and even probable for them to bend space or dump a spaceship into a black hole and come put a shrimp on our barbie.

As can be seen, these
picture.

This is what I'm talking about. The same people who will claim we haven't received a radio (or other) signal from another intelligent alien civilization because it's impossible will claim it's possible and even probable for them to bend space or dump a spaceship into a black hole and come put a shrimp on our barbie.

So your point went from this If intelligent life developed in multiple areas across the galaxy certainly one was developed long enough ago for us to receive one single radio signal from one of them...like we're attempting now.

to this:

The same people who will claim we haven't received a radio (or other) signal from another intelligent alien civilization because it's impossible will claim it's possible and even probable for them to bend space or dump a spaceship into a black hole and come put a shrimp on our barbie

That argument is a misnomer. There's teams of people working out each problem individually - one technology does not precede the other. I'm not sure your point.

The mathematics are there, their application is being worked on and tweaked. It may be a long ways down the road, but "impossible" is the incorrect term to use - that is just a fact.

I can't understand the thought, excluding Religious Dogma, that we're the only intelligent life-form while also knowing the size and scope of the Universe. And that's even without the theory that there may be many Universes....... coming into account.

Forum List

Back