And now a message from Ed Asner...

I wonder if Ed Asner ever paid his fair share?

no, he just sucked up the wealth this country offered him then used it to shit on us

Asner is a commie pos

Asner is lining up saying "Raise my taxes"

Where are the conservatives?

Asner can show he is serious by DONATING all his wealth he has ALREADY MADE to the Federal guberment or shut his lard ass commie mouth about people needing taxes raised them

Last edited:
no, he just sucked up the wealth this country offered him then used it to shit on us

Asner is a commie pos

Asner can show he is serious by DONATING all his wealth he has ALREADY MADE to the Federal guberment or shut his lard ass commie mouth about people needing taxes raised them

Nice diversion

The issue is our total economy and the contributions being made by the super wealthy. A few token volunteer contributions will have no impact on the total economy

Asner has stepped forward and said.....I will pay mine

Where are the Conservatives?

Asner is a commie pos

I would bet money that he's contributed more than you.

The answer is simple everyone. Bring corporate America to their knees, so Obama and company can take our money to prop them up again.

Brilliant!! :clap2:

Before you watch this, just remember that no one was held accountable for the collapse. No one!

Tax the rich: An animated fairy tale, is narrated by Ed Asner, with animation by Mike Konopacki. Written and directed by Fred Glass for the California Federation of Teachers. An 8 minute video about how we arrived at this moment of poorly funded public services and widening economic inequality. Things go downhill in a happy and prosperous land after the rich decide they don't want to pay taxes anymore. They tell the people that there is no alternative, but the people aren't so sure. This land bears a startling resemblance to our land. For more info,© 2012 California Federation of Teachers

Of course, the idea of "poorly funded public services" is pure crap. Note the video is the product of the California Federation of Teachers....:doubt:

Let's look at how poorly funded the education system is by comparing, say, 1975 (the year I graduated from high school) and 2009. In 1975, the total enrollment in public schools (elementary and secondary) was about 49.8 million; in 2009, about 55.3 million. However, in 1975 there were only about 2.8 million teachers; in 2009 over 5 million. And in constant 2009 dollars, total 1975 expenditures were $250 billion; in 2009, $500 billion (remember, constant dollars). Source: US Department of Education http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2011/2011015.pdf

So the number of teachers and constant dollars spent both doubled, while the number of students rose by only 10%. We may not be getting the same results from education that we did in the 70's, but it's not for lack of funds.

Forum List

Back