And Putin didn't have to bitch slap him this time....

The goal is DoD's desire.

Let's be honest here, Vigilante, even if it hard for you.

I think it's the only thing that IS hard for him (being honest.)

Gotta be a strange life, pinning everything on Obama whether logic or rationale is involved or not.

Poop's brilliance doesn't include that the DoD falls under the Executive Branch of the government!:badgrin:

Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me. He wants to brings us to our knees.

How exactly?

These are offensive weapons. Not defensive.

No country currently has the means to launch a successful invasion of the United States.

Our geography and nuclear weapons assures no nation will attack us in the foreseeable future.

So go on.

How are we being "brought to our knees?"

Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me. He wants to brings us to our knees.

How exactly?

These are offensive weapons. Not defensive.

No country currently has the means to launch a successful invasion of the United States.

Our geography and nuclear weapons assures no nation will attack us in the foreseeable future.

So go on.

How are we being "brought to our knees?"

So you're OK if only ONE nuke out of many lands on American soil! And what about the combined power of China and Russia attacking us...after all they are both traditional enemies of ours! I imagine that someone of your intelligence knows all about this!

Mystery Missile: Launch of Unknown Missile Caught on Tape in California

Mystery Missile: Who Launched Missile Off California Coast? - ABC News

China owns most of the US debt, so what happens to that debt if China invades the US?

I find this mind boggling, that any American president would GIVE UP weapon systems that have a proven track record, and are some of the most feared armament's by our enemies in our arsenal! Is this what he referred to with his FLEXIBILITY remark?:mad:

Obama is seeking to abolish two highly successful missile programs that experts say have helped the U.S. Navy maintain military superiority for the past several decades.
The Tomahawk missile program—known as “the world’s most advanced cruise missile”—is set to be cut by $128 million under Obama’s fiscal year 2015 budget proposal and completely eliminated by fiscal year 2016, according to budget documents released by the Navy.

In addition to the monetary cuts to the program, the number of actual Tomahawk missiles acquired by the United States would drop significantly—from 196 last year to just 100 in 2015. The number will then drop to zero in 2016.
The Navy will also be forced to cancel its acquisition of the well-regarded and highly effective Hellfire missiles in 2015, according to Obama’s proposal.

The proposed elimination of these missile programs came as a shock to lawmakers and military experts, who warned ending cutting these missiles would significantly erode America’s ability to deter enemy forces.
“The administration’s proposed budget dramatically under-resources our investments in munitions and leaves the Defense Department with dangerous gaps in key areas, like Tomahawk and Hellfire missiles,” said Rep. Randy Forbes (R., Va.), a member of House Armed Services Committee....... MORE....

Obama to Kill Tomahawk, Hellfire Missile Programs | Washington Free Beacon

If you want to keep them then you have to pay for them by raising taxes.

Why don't you Libturds give up something? How about the bloated entitlement system?

I find this mind boggling, that any American president would GIVE UP weapon systems that have a proven track record, and are some of the most feared armament's by our enemies in our arsenal! Is this what he referred to with his FLEXIBILITY remark?:mad:

Obama is seeking to abolish two highly successful missile programs that experts say have helped the U.S. Navy maintain military superiority for the past several decades.
The Tomahawk missile program—known as “the world’s most advanced cruise missile”—is set to be cut by $128 million under Obama’s fiscal year 2015 budget proposal and completely eliminated by fiscal year 2016, according to budget documents released by the Navy.

In addition to the monetary cuts to the program, the number of actual Tomahawk missiles acquired by the United States would drop significantly—from 196 last year to just 100 in 2015. The number will then drop to zero in 2016.
The Navy will also be forced to cancel its acquisition of the well-regarded and highly effective Hellfire missiles in 2015, according to Obama’s proposal.

The proposed elimination of these missile programs came as a shock to lawmakers and military experts, who warned ending cutting these missiles would significantly erode America’s ability to deter enemy forces.
“The administration’s proposed budget dramatically under-resources our investments in munitions and leaves the Defense Department with dangerous gaps in key areas, like Tomahawk and Hellfire missiles,” said Rep. Randy Forbes (R., Va.), a member of House Armed Services Committee....... MORE....

Well, we could raise more revenue if it weren't for the teaparty.

We'd have more revenue if it weren't for Democrat-voting welfare slackers!

I see what you did there. Trying to blame Obama for something the DoD has been asking for, eh?

I looked at your link, and I see the Navy Budget is being enlarged.

As for the Tomahawk, it has now become susceptible to advancements in surface-to-air missile technology and is therefore needs to be replaced:

Fasthawk Cruise Missile

The United States is developing a successor to the Tomahawk cruise missile that will be heavier (2.2 tons), have a longer range (2,000 kilometers), and a larger (one ton) warhead. The new missile will be stealthier and use a combination of guidance and targeting systems (to improve the chances of success). Price will probably be the key factor in whether this new missile ever enters service. The new Cruise Missile XR (for Extended Range) will probably cost at least twice as much as the current Tomahawk.
Air Defense: Russia Offers Cruise Missile Insurance

If you look at page 13 of your link, you will find the G/ATOR, GBAD, and RQ-21 procurements are being significantly ramped up.

But they are cutting them off BEFORE they have acceptable replacements!

No they aren't. Tac Tom is being replaced by FASTHAWK using the MK 41 VLS. Tomahawks have become susceptible to imporoved modern air defense systems. They have to be replaced.
Hellfire is being replaced by JAGM SEEKER. Due in 2016.

I see what you did there. Trying to blame Obama for something the DoD has been asking for, eh?

I looked at your link, and I see the Navy Budget is being enlarged.

As for the Tomahawk, it has now become susceptible to advancements in surface-to-air missile technology and is therefore needs to be replaced:

Fasthawk Cruise Missile

Air Defense: Russia Offers Cruise Missile Insurance

If you look at page 13 of your link, you will find the G/ATOR, GBAD, and RQ-21 procurements are being significantly ramped up.

But they are cutting them off BEFORE they have acceptable replacements!

No they aren't. Tac Tom is being replaced by FASTHAWK using the MK 41 VLS. Tomahawks have become susceptible to imporoved modern air defense systems. They have to be replaced.
Hellfire is being replaced by JAGM SEEKER. Due in 2016.

I believe the article states closing in 2015, leave a year with no replacement! And how often has new weapons been on schedule?

Further procurement of these weapons is little more than a jobs program and to keep an active production facility that can be ramped up if needed. Number of these weapons stockpiled is classified.
JAGM SEEKER has passed field test with flying colors. Awsome system. It is ready for production. Might even come online early because it is so much more effective than Hellfire. Wouldn't be surprized if CIA was secretly using them on DRONES now.

Last edited:

If you want to keep them then you have to pay for them by raising taxes.

Why don't you Libturds give up something? How about the bloated entitlement system?

Corporate welfare? Oh yeah!! Now'd be good. :thup:

Forum List

Back