And the bad news begins at H&R Block for the ACA unaware......

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
We have to pass it before we can find out what's in it!

Those infamous words are having an eerie fulfillment now as people stomp out the front door of their tax preparers offices pissed, pissed, pissed.

I smell another election slaughter right around the corner and this time it will be former left wing supporters getting even at the polling places.

Hooo boy...and whoah Nellie they are PISSED!

JO

Really? OK, explain that to us. And then I will reply after I do my taxes.

So long as you have health insurance you're fine. It's those that don't who are going to have the shit shocked out of them. This is the basic fine schedule and please look at the last sentence where it says the penalties will increase. The ACA is a massive invasion of privacy and why do you think all those IRS agents got hired? For shame olfraud, even you can't be that blind...

2015 ACA Penalties
Posted on 11/09/2014 by Mike Gattorna

As the ACA enrollment period is beginning, the 2015 ACA penalties should give individuals motivation to enroll into an insurance plan. Individuals are required to have minimal essential coverage or will have to pay the penalties listed below.

For 2014, the penalty was only $95(or 1% of income, which ever was greater) for an individual who chose not to elect coverage. However, in 2015 the penalty will be the greater of the two:

• 2% of their earnings
  • $325 for an individual ($162.50 for children under 18) up to $975 per family
The penalty will be included in the tax filing for the individual / family.

Plus penalties will increase in the coming years.

2015 ACA Penalties

We have to pass it before we can find out what's in it!

Those infamous words are having an eerie fulfillment now as people stomp out the front door of their tax preparers offices pissed, pissed, pissed.

I smell another election slaughter right around the corner and this time it will be former left wing supporters getting even at the polling places.

Hooo boy...and whoah Nellie they are PISSED!

JO
I don't understand how anyone can be surprised after they take the bait and get hooked by the government. Really, it's become par for the course. And, please don't tell me that there are people that still believe the BS spewed from the mouths of professional politicians. Inflicting economic pain is the business of the government, their only business it seems. Don't be shocked, just roll with the punches and make sure that you run to the polls on election day and vote for professional politicians again, and again, and again, and again. After all, you see how it helps you and helps this once great nation.

The good news for old folks is they don't have to provide documents proving they have Medicare (which presently meets Obamacare minimums). That's proven for them by the data already included on their Social Security reporting forms.

The good news for old folks is they don't have to provide documents proving they have Medicare (which presently meets Obamacare minimums). That's proven for them by the data already included on their Social Security reporting forms.
That's great because I'm an "old folks". Hurah, Hurah.

Except some that got subsidies they were not qualified for, either by month or the whole year, and will have to pay them back along with penalties. If their income varied from what their subsidy was based on. Also, those that had either larger or smaller families through the year, will also have to deal with that. There are many things people could get hit with eve with obamacare enrollment.
Really? OK, explain that to us. And then I will reply after I do my taxes.

So long as you have health insurance you're fine. It's those that don't who are going to have the shit shocked out of them. This is the basic fine schedule and please look at the last sentence where it says the penalties will increase. The ACA is a massive invasion of privacy and why do you think all those IRS agents got hired? For shame olfraud, even you can't be that blind...

2015 ACA Penalties
Posted on 11/09/2014 by Mike Gattorna

As the ACA enrollment period is beginning, the 2015 ACA penalties should give individuals motivation to enroll into an insurance plan. Individuals are required to have minimal essential coverage or will have to pay the penalties listed below.

For 2014, the penalty was only $95(or 1% of income, which ever was greater) for an individual who chose not to elect coverage. However, in 2015 the penalty will be the greater of the two:

• 2% of their earnings
  • $325 for an individual ($162.50 for children under 18) up to $975 per family
The penalty will be included in the tax filing for the individual / family.

Plus penalties will increase in the coming years.

2015 ACA Penalties

What does one expect from a POS bill that they passed and nobody read??

Of course those Clowns in DC don't care because we taxpayers are footing their bills.

Those subsidies from the Govt to the States won't last forever and when the Govt stops sending the money the States will have to come up with it. Yep. POS bill is right.

We have to pass it before we know whats in it. Pelosi at her stupidest.

Guys guys guys.... Let me explain this to you.. That why I'm here. The ACA online website and phone service never specified gross or adjusted gross income when determining the subsidies. Do you realize how many people can sue the IRS or Government if they send you a bill for the difference for their mistake? LOL.. Obamacare is so fucked. I'd be on the phone with my attorney ASAP and have the lawsuite filed tomorrow. You'd win billions in a class action lawsuit.

Heard from my accountant again this morning.

Said accountant reports over half of her non-retired, Medicare covered clients have had to pay more in tax than they anticipated. Says the cause of the problem is that the rules were not made public until year-end so planning adequate withholding was not possible. Felt the problem is not so much that the clients are having to pay lots more; just that they are having to write checks for it in a lump instead of having their income nibbled away in little bites.

From that we learn:

If there were NO withholding and people had to come up with cash at the time of filing they'd pay more attention to government confiscation of the fruits of one's labor. So if the law were amended to do away with withholding chances are pretty good the public outcry to eliminate income taxes would be impossible for the ruling class to ignore.

Forum List

Back