BREAKING: Supreme Court rules Trump is entitled to some immunity in Jan. 6 case

1 min ago

Justice Jackson says Supreme Court has "let down the guardrails of the law"​

From CNN's Devan Cole
Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson wrote in a separate dissent that the majority’s ruling “breaks new and dangerous ground” by granting immunity “only to the most powerful official in our Government.”
She said that her conservative colleagues were “discarding” the nation’s long-held principle that no one is above the law.
“That core principle has long prevented our Nation from devolving into despotism,” she said. “Yet the Court now opts to let down the guardrails of the law for one extremely powerful category of citizen: any future President who has the will to flout Congress’s established boundaries.”
The liberal justice described the impact of the court’s ruling in dark terms, saying that “even a hypothetical President who admits to having ordered the assassinations of his political rivals or critics or one who indisputably instigates an unsuccessful coup, has a fair shot at getting immunity under the majority’s new Presidential accountability model.”
“In the end, then, under the majority’s new paradigm, whether the President will be exempt from legal liability for murder, assault, theft, fraud, or any other reprehensible and outlawed criminal act will turn on whether he committed that act in his official capacity, such that the answer to the immunity question will always and inevitably be: It depends,” Jackson wrote.
It's hard to believe that someone that ignorant can be on the Supreme Court. She has qualified immunity for her actions on the court, Senators have qualified immunity for their actions in the Senate AND they are immune to civil arrest. Representatives have qualified immunity for their actions in the House. "The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place."

So Obama already presidential immunity even before the SC made it official

Why?

Because he packed the DOJ with libs loyal to him

Do you agree?

Every POTUS puts their people at the head of every agency

Every POTUS puts their people at the head of every agency
Obama embedded partisans much deeper than anyone before him

But its only natural for your side to fear retribution

Go ahead and have a good cry if it’ll make you feel better

Obama embedded partisans much deeper than anyone before him

But its only natural for your side to fear retribution

Go ahead and have a good cry if it’ll make you feel better

Dude, none of it means a hill of beans to me. None of it changes my life one iota.

The joy of not being a mindless partisan drone like you is that I could not give a fuck who wins this election.

You on the other hand have a 50/50 shot of being devastated by seeing your god lose again.

Dude, none of it means a hill of beans to me. None of it changes my life one iota.
The joy of not being a mindless partisan drone like you is that I could not give a fuck who wins this election.

You on the other hand have a 50/50 shot of being devastated by seeing your god lose again.
But you are a partisan drone

The SC ruling threatened the lib monopoly on DOJ abuse of power

And voila, you magically found time to worry about something that didnt bother you before when it was only dems mistreating repubs

But you are a partisan drone

The SC ruling threatened the lib monopoly on DOJ abuse of power

And voila, you magically found time to worry about something that didnt bother you before when it was only dems mistreating repubs

The SCOTUS ruling canonized the abuse of power by the Executive branch.

And you morons are cheering it on like it is a good thing.

The SCOTUS ruling canonized the abuse of power by the Executive branch.
If so it only confirms what I said in post #993

Dems have been getting away with it for the past 12 years without any help from the SC

And with few if any complaints from you

Forum List

Back