And the other shoe drops; No more illegal aliens

The anti-government libertarian crowd is mischaracterizing what Obama is saying.

I am so glad these whacky agenda-driven whacky far right activists no longer have any influence.

On illegals being covered, here's the exact text from his speech:

There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false – the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/us/politics/10obama.text.html?pagewanted=4

Considering how liberal Obama is, is it really a stretch to say that he would consider amnesty? I mean, really?? And after the 'you lie' outburst, congress (at least the Senate Six) have been working to put citizen checks into place in the bill.

Seems that Obama left out some facts on Otto Raddatz, the Illinois man whose insurance coverage was cancelled while fighting cancer.

As pointed out on Sunday by Lynn Sweet with the Chicago Sun Times, the President referenced Otto Raddatz who was diagnosed with Stage IV, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in September of 2004. The following January, Raddatz was scheduled to receive a stem cell transplant, but in April, Fortis learned that the Illinois man had failed to disclose a 2000 CT scan that revealed gall stones and an aneurysm. The conditions, if disclosed, would have prevented the company from issuing individual coverage. As a result, the company cancelled Mr. Raddatz's coverage on April 15th. The family filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals office on April 25th three weeks before Mr. Raddatz's scheduled Stem Cell Transplant. After 2 appeals by the Attorney Generals office, Fortis reinstated coverage at the beginning of May and the AG closed the case on May 6th, 2 weeks prior to the Stem cell transplant. As a result, Mr. Raddatz received a stem cell transplant, without delay and covered by his insurance company. He lived another 3.5 years until passing away in January of 2009.

Unfortunately, President Obama failed to disclose that treatment was not delayed, that the company reinstated coverage despite its legal authority to cancel coverage and that the treatment referenced by the President was received and extended the Mr. Raddatz's life by nearly 4 years.

Politically Drunk On Power!: President Obama's unfortunate lie about Illinois man with cancelled coverage

Fact check: Obama right blasting insurance company for yanking Illinois man coverage. Wrong saying he died because of delayed treatment - Lynn Sweet

Then there's the abortion issue. From his speech:

And one more misunderstanding I want to clear up – under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.

From FactCheck:

As for the House bill as it stands now, it’s a matter of fact that it would allow both a "public plan" and newly subsidized private plans to cover all abortions.

Abortion: Which Side Is Fabricating? | FactCheck.org

Yeah, we're mischaracterizing what he's saying. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll put Sinatra down in the stupid column.

Obama lied.

He wishes to legalize illegals and then allow them health coverage...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Tl671xASM]YouTube - Obama: Illegals Won't Be Covered Under My Plan. So, We'll Just Legalize The 12 Million Undocumented.[/ame]

Will you PLEASE stop pointing out FACTS to these morons? It is SO getting in the way of their agenda...

President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage
Holy shit---can you read ???
Except he didn't say that. The Washington Time's editorialized his speech.

You people are shameless. Sometimes I really do believe you all hate the country.

Holy shit---can you read ???
Except he didn't say that. The Washington Time's editorialized his speech.

You people are shameless. Sometimes I really do believe you all hate the country.

I already gave up on this thread Ravi. Do you REALLY expect them to know the difference? Or at least be honest about it? I think not.

The anti-government libertarian crowd here remind me of turkeys at feeding time: lots of cackle, waddle, drool, and no sense.

It's threads like these that make me wonder if the righties are dishonest or just stupid.

Ah yes, dishonest, no sense, stupid... Typical retorts, when all else fails, call people names.

Forget the facts, smear the messenger...

From April 2009:

...Some White House officials said that immigration would not take precedence over the health care and energy proposals that Mr. Obama has identified as priorities. But the timetable is consistent with pledges Mr. Obama made to Hispanic groups in last year’s campaign.

He said then that comprehensive immigration legislation, including a plan to make legal status possible for an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants, would be a priority in his first year in office. Latino voters turned out strongly for Mr. Obama in the election.

And from the 2007 National Public Radio Presidential Debate for the Democratic candidates:

"We do not deputize the American people to do the job that the federal government is supposed to do. So as president of the United States, I will make sure that the federal government does what it's supposed to do, which is to do a better job of closing our borders and preventing hundreds of thousands of people to pour in, have much tougher enforcement standards when it comes to employers, and create a pathway of citizenship for the 12 million people who are already here."

Now, how do you imagine they plan on making these people "legal?"

Ame®icano;1530212 said:
What an ass!!!

Why don't we simply make Mexico 51st state and make them all legal?

Crazy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Tl671xASM]YouTube - Obama: Illegals Won't Be Covered Under My Plan. So, We'll Just Legalize The 12 Million Undocumented.[/ame]

This has been Obama's plan all along. Legalize the illegal & then they are covered under HR3200 or any other health reform bill they come up with.

Three weeks ago I wrote:

And every time there is no enough votes, Liberals come up with another special interest group that will get them or keep them atop. Once those special interest groups get what they wanted and feel safe among others, they abandon their group and assimilate with the rest.

Right now, there is a fight for government healthcare and if everything goes as planed, that would bring them new 15 million votes at the next election. If that doesnt work for any reason (any other special interest group feel threatened), they will push for something else, let's say giving legal status to illegals that equal about 10-12 million votes.

Here is the LINK

The anti-government libertarian crowd can't make a common sense argument.

This is why they remain powerless and crowd these forums where the rest of us make fun of them.

There's nothing wrong with a pathway to citizenship...and it certainly wouldn't be amnesty.

I think there's quite a bit wrong with it when it's a "pathway" for those who already disregarded our laws to begin with. I have no problem with that pathway being extended to people actually living in their native countries.

There's nothing wrong with a pathway to citizenship...and it certainly wouldn't be amnesty.

I think there's quite a bit wrong with it when it's a "pathway" for those who already disregarded our laws to begin with. I have no problem with that pathway being extended to people actually living in their native countries.

Yup.

I hope Obama continues to push this. His poll numbers will drop even more and 2010 will be a watershed election year for true conservative Americans...

Yup.

I hope Obama continues to push this. His poll numbers will drop even more and 2010 will be a watershed election year for true conservative Americans...

I hope he doesn't push this. If it goes thru, he doesn't have to care about polls anymore, he only care for his agenda. With 12 million additional votes, he can win next election.

He said, only way to fix the economy is to fix the health care. Once he got healthcare bill, he'll say that giving legal status to illegal’s is going to fix immigration problem. He'll try to pitch the story how 10 million new "citizens" will create enough revenue to government to finance health care so he wont need to raise taxes. He'll say that legal status will give much more competition for the jobs and will favor American worker who is already trained. He'll say there will be no burden for Social Security for any of them for at least 10 years. He'll say that we use their new taxes to reduce the deficit.

He's not dumb, he knows what he's doing. But, how fair that would be to all those who came to this country legally, to those who were waiting in lines on Ellis Island, to those who obey the rule of law while waiting for years to become citizens.

Oh, what were you saying, libertatoids? Something about the GOP creating the prescription seniors plan in order to pull about ten million votes? You are simply pissed that the Dems are much better at this than the Pubs.

Oh, what were you saying, libertatoids? Something about the GOP creating the prescription seniors plan in order to pull about ten million votes? You are simply pissed that the Dems are much better at this than the Pubs.

As a libertarian I don't care about GOP.

Medicare Part C is Clinton's doing. Part D is extention of that bill. Do you know who voted for it?

So you're supporting to legalize all those illegal aliens. Right, let's make 12 million unskilled immigrants legal, so they can reap all the rewards the government will provide (welfare, Medicade, housing, and future healthcare). That'll be 12 million more democrats sucking of the government teet. Come to think of it, why don't you post your home address, and let us send all the illegals to your house since you want to take care of them so badly. Maybe you can claim them as your dependents.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back