And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought

But you see... all this hierarchal system of 'Commands' are useless since we have One King and Ruler whom the whole entire plan of Redemption and Salvation revolves around. I am not 'saved' by or through Michael any more than I am saved through Gabriel. And God does say that there is no God besides Him. So, do I want to serve a military commander or do I want to serve God?

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

Revelation 12:7-8

How in God's Holy Name can Michael have his 'own' angels? Don't all angels belong unto God and HIS Christ?

How in God's Holy Name can the dragon have 'HIS' own angels?

Are Michael's angels, angels who have chosen to follow Michael instead of God just like the dragon's angels are angels who have chosen to follow the dragon instead of God?

Daniel 12:1

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

How in God's Holy Name can it be said that Daniel has 'his' people? The great prince which stands for the children of 'YOUR' people? What is 'YOUR' people about if Israel is God's People and God's special Inheritance? Is Daniel God for Israel to be called 'Your' people?

Luke 1: 26

"And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,"

How in God's Holy Name can there be a Gabriel in Nazareth proclaiming Christ and also have a Gabriel in Islam proclaiming Allah with no Son?
Michael was an Arch Angel....one of the higher ones....

If you know about the hierarchy in the Kingdom of God, then I guess you're pretty well off, spiritually.
you wanted to know why Michael commanded Angels....he was a higher angel....now you know why he had Angels under his command....

And would that make Michael the General to the Military or a member on the Joint of Staff? Which level in Military would Michael be in?
there are 7 Arch Angels mentioned in the Bible as far as i know......Suruel, Raphael, Raguel, Michael, Gabriel, Remiel, and Uriel .....

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Genesis 1:6-8 KJV
Genesis 1:6 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1:7 "And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Genesis 1:8 "And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Genesis 1:6-8 NIV
6 "And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
7 "So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.
8 "God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day."

But you see... all this hierarchal system of 'Commands' are useless since we have One King and Ruler whom the whole entire plan of Redemption and Salvation revolves around. I am not 'saved' by or through Michael any more than I am saved through Gabriel. And God does say that there is no God besides Him. So, do I want to serve a military commander or do I want to serve God?
who said you have to serve one of the Angels?.....

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."

So to make the answer simple to the question, "Is there a difference between the Kingdom of Heaven and Heaven", the answer would be ...Yes.

In God's classroom, there is no failing grade. It is expected that answers are NOT always correct. But still, it is much nicer when a Teacher gets a respond for an answer instead of silence for an answer. True?

You are not going to be thrown into 'hell' for having a 'wrong' answer, per se. And heck, since God is not in the business or classroom to have absolutely 'NO' wrong answers, I guess that's where different levels of education comes in.

I have met many people who 'say' how a Christian should be like. How they should respond. How they should teach. etc etc... All of them have proven to be a thorn in my side.

I have met many people who 'say' how a Christian should be like. How they should respond. How they should teach. etc etc... All of them have proven to be a thorn in my side.

But the strange thing is, is that there is some super power which is not human, agreeing with them and never anyone else.

It's kind of like a modern day Pharisee and his knowledge that he is absolutely correct.

Defending a 'doctrine' can be in the same strength as 'defending' a Law, which people have called 'fallen from grace.' But still both defenses come from a Pharisaical mindset.

If he's an is supposed to be such a perfect, joyous, serene place...
Why is there war in heaven?
And if angels wage war against each other it stands to reason that they can die in said wars. What happens to angels when they die?

So it's no wonder why modern day revolutionists call Jesus a Revolutionary.

And if angels wage war against each other it stands to reason that they can die in said wars. What happens to angels when they die?

Once again, a difference between the Kingdom of Heaven and Heaven is there. There is no tears nor sin in the Kingdom of Heaven. Let me explain. A kingdom has a ruler. The Kingdom of Heaven has God/Jesus/Sprit (Holy) as the Ruler of Their Kingdom. Heaven, in it of itself, is below the Kingdom of Heaven in spatial measurement.

Once again, a difference between the Kingdom of Heaven and Heaven is there. There is no tears nor sin in the Kingdom of Heaven. Let me explain. A kingdom has a ruler. The Kingdom of Heaven has God/Jesus/Sprit (Holy) as the Ruler of Their Kingdom. Heaven, in it of itself, is below the Kingdom of Heaven in spatial measurement.

Genesis 1:6 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1:7 "And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Genesis 1:8 "And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

Jesus spoke of the 'Kingdom of Heaven'.
Matthew 16:19 "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Matthew 13:33 "Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened."

We read in Daniel of a Prince of Grecia and a Prince of Persia. We also have a Prince of Gog and Magog. These princes are all high level angels and apparently make up some kind of heavenly divine council. The Princes of Grecia and Persia apparently were powerful enough to detain the arch-angel Gabriel for some twenty days and he had to enlist the help of Michael in order to get away from them and come deliver the meaning of the king's dream to Daniel. The book of Jasher says that 70 of these high level angels came down with Christ to the tower of Babylon when the earth was divided and were placed over the nations according to the sons of Noah. The Prince of Gog and Magog will be involved in the end time war. There is also the mention of one called a "Watcher" in the Book of Daniel. The Book of Enoch says it was these Watchers who gave up their heavenly estate and came down to earth and married the daughters of men.

Paul tells us we fight against Princes and Principalities in high places and tells women to keep their heads covered because of the angels.

It is my own reading of the Bible that leads me to believe the war in heaven you mention has not yet happened. I read that to happen just before the return of Christ. I read the fallen angel Apolloyn as rising up to Heaven and taking over the heavenly Temple. I also read that the Heavenly Divine Council will sit on their thrones and strip Apolloyn of his power, and seize and bind him in the end time. Satan has not been kicked out of Heaven. Satan is king of this earth and goes to Heaven to accuse us.

Forum List

Back